Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Care Racing Ferrari 550's pulling out?!:(

johnyrengo
03-18-2004, 04:43 PM
DSC says the Ferrari 550's prepared by prodrive are pulling out of Sebring because of lack of funding. Might be old news to you guys but it's new to me. These cars got me into ALMS and I've been rooting for them since the beginning.

Really a shame since they just started getting some real momentum against corvette, won the last 4 ALMS races as well as LeMans. Guess your corvettes will have a chance now vetteman ;). GTS isn't gonna be the same with corvette not having any competition. Lately it's been one of the more exciting classes with corvette and prodrive battling it out.

vettemaan
03-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Prodrive has PLENTY of funding, they just ditched the cars this year and should be starting up for the 2nd race with DB9-R's I love the diversity the series is getting.

johnyrengo
03-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh well, those 550's were getting pretty dominant, and prodrive was really getting a handle on the car. But at least they're starting on another badass grande touring car. At least there's still gonna be the new 575 GTC's, and I bet the db9-r's are gonna be really sweet. Guess GTS is getting more diverse which is really sweet, but corvette's gonna have to wait for prodrive and those db9-r's vetteman's talking about for some real competition. I wonder if the c6r's are gonna be out by then.

Add your comment to this topic!