Just a thought

DarkEternal
03-16-2004, 01:00 PM
If you're going for straight up QMT, then you'll probably discard my idea because It'll add a lot of weight.........but what about putting on a Real Time All Wheel Drive system from an Infinaty G35? It should bolt right on. The G35 seems to be a mix between a 350Z and a GTR35, from what I've seen. It should help with traction off the line and daily driving in bad weather. Maybe it's a bad idea, but everything is more fun when it's all wheel drive! Just food for thought....

About the exhaust system: are you going with prefabricted (i.e. brand name), or will you be custom making it? It'd sound AWESOME with 4" straight pipes into a couple of APEXi GT Spec. mufflers!!!! I just creamed myself thinking about it.....awwwww!

igor@af
03-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the great ideas!
We were initially going to go with an RB26DETT + 4WD ATTESA E-TS swap. However, Players Run (June 5-12) is the main deadline for this project, and we quickly came to realize that it would not be wise to have to work on such a complex project with such a deadline.

As for the exhaust, the car already utilizes Borla's True Dual Exhaust for 350Z. It sounds awesome and is doing a great job in increasing airflow. Actually, with our current XERD headers and Borla exhaust, there is probably not enough back-pressure for optimal results. However, that will no longer be an issue once a supercharger/TT is put in place.

DarkEternal
03-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Awesome! sounds great. maybe sometime after dead you guys will be looking into that Skyline swap? It'd be a beautiful thing!!

89SUPRA_88mike
03-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Actually, a 4" downpipe and exhaust system would hurt the horsepower output, because the 350 isn't turbocharged.

Unless you were talking about a 4" muffler tip....

Chris Stewart
03-20-2004, 07:04 AM
include an air to air intercooler otherwise it'll just be a hot pump.

Add your comment to this topic!