Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

coolant level

santorsolamartin
03-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone . I have a 1987 bmw 325

The coolant level light of my bmw is on , but the coolant level is ok , does enybody knows how this works? the level measurement seems to be broken.

thank you

redhed
07-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone . I have a 1987 bmw 325

The coolant level light of my bmw is on , but the coolant level is ok , does enybody knows how this works? the level measurement seems to be broken.

thank you

I have a 1988 735i with the same problem, santor. Also, I keep getting a "1 brake light" message, and all my brakes and brake lights are fine. I am having it checked out the first part of next month. If they find a solution, I'll let you know.

santorsolamartin
07-26-2004, 10:50 AM
hi readhead , my cooloant level is broken , but i stil have the brake light on ,on the check panel , but when i pres the brake padal ,the light on the check panel turn off.Does any one knows were the exterior temp sensor is located?

BeAgressive
09-23-2004, 09:28 AM
I have the exact same problem with my 92 325.i The CHECK COOLANT LEVEL light comes on the computer everyday when it doesnt need to be checked. Also for the break light thing, make sure your bulbs are in tight, that was the problem for me. I have pretty much learned to ignore the check coolant level light, which probably isnt a good thing.

beemer nut
09-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Replace the coolant level sensor. Common problem!!!!

princessdebbie
10-21-2004, 01:50 PM
My coolant light came on and I ended up having to get
about 10,000 worth of stuff done. Luckily it was under warranty.
The coolant light came on and then boom the car popped and was towed. Needless to say they never figured out the major problem after 1 year. Last week it did the same thing. The head casket popped stuff poured out and to make a long story short they replaced the engine. Had the supervisor look at my car and could never figure out the problem.....

so ps: watch that coolant light. Mine would only give me a minutes notice though before everything burst.

paulblosser
12-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Replace the coolant level sensor. Common problem!!!!

I just bought an '89 525i and the light comes on. The dealer, who is also a car nut, said the sensor that goes in the side of the radiator sticks on these cars. I will pull mine out and see if there is a way to keep corrosion or whatever from making them stick. You might try that!

Paul B.

4-Door Flunky
02-07-2005, 04:33 PM
My coolant light (the one on the overhead display) comes on occasionally. I pop the hood and jiggle the wire where it hooks onto the bottle, and that stops it.
My 'brake' light, the one on the dash, also flashes on every single time I hit the brakes. I found some records from the previous owner who had the entire brake system replaced. There's a note from the dealer, "Brake light comes on whenever you hit the brake pedal."
No explanation, even after the guy spent $1200 on labor and parts!
Finally, I also have an overhead brake light that comes on when I first fire up the car. The first time I hit the brake pedal, the light goes off. If the light doesn't go off the first time you hit the pedal, one of the brake lights really isn't lighting up, and it's time to twist the bulbs in their sockets to get a better contact.
My car is a 1985 535i with 207,000 miles.
Flunky

kenna325is
03-11-2005, 08:01 PM
The brake light commin on till you press it is just a test measure, all of em do it. As with the coolant light, the wires to the sensor sometimes come loose. The sensor is right by the cap on the resevoir on E30s. If it's the sensor thats the problem there are tons on ebay.

kenna325is
03-11-2005, 08:02 PM
"Does any one knows were the exterior temp sensor is located?"

It's usually under by the front valance on the drivers side. Just a lil probe looking thing attached by a wire and plug.

Add your comment to this topic!