Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can You change the speedo lights color on an EF?

corka
03-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Hey there!
just wondering can you change the light color were your speedo/taco and stuff is? Just like the new BA XR's!

there lights are blue, and they look Awsome. I have just got a EF XR6 and its blue. so that would top the lot off!

CHeeers

Also i dont no shit about cars, so if there are any other sights that explains step by step, that would be teriffic.

Cheers

Neried
03-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey there, I have a 96 fairmont and I know exactly what you mean by the blue lights in the BA XR's.... i wanted them in my car too. There are actually white LED's behind the dash. There is an orange/white/red bit of cardboard which when the light passes through it, projects an orange colour or whatever colour the EF XR's have.

Buy yourself a blue highlighter (This is a bit dodgy but it works and looks really awesome) and pop the dash. If you don't know how....don't do it cos its a pain in the arse to get back on. Get someone to help you. Get the layout template for the tacho/speedo from behind the plate (When you pull the dash out) and just colour in a piece of white paper with the highlighter ON BOTH SIDES and put that piece of paper where the orange cardboard is.... I dunno if I explained that well enough :|

Im doing a tutorial on how to do stuff like this. It will have photos and be on my website: http://www.neried.net.au might even make a subdomain http://ford.neried.net.au :)

Anyways send me an email if you don't understand or if you found an easier way to do it. Don't ask ford dealers or spare parts people, thye have no idea and are complete idiots....they try to get you to buy the expensive parts needed to make it blue (IE a replacement LCD screen)

Ashman
ashman_lsk@hotmail.com

KryZac
06-08-2004, 01:52 AM
well since you know about cars, can you tell me or give me some ideas on what sort of tyres to put on my ford futura? i would like them to be performance tyres and would you have a price range on how much to get it lowered?

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!