Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Remembering an old friend and local legend.

LUKE'57
02-20-2004, 06:36 PM
I did this pic for Garland Parker's son, Everette, a little while back and I don't think he would mind me sharing it with you. It's a combination of a pic of the model I built him and one of the last racetrack pics taken of him. Ol' Garland would be probaly be uncomfortable with the attention come to think of it even though he deserves it. He raced from back in the flathead days with Fireball Roberts and Curtis Turner all the way up to the time of his passing a couple of years ago. He drove everything from flathead coupes to the wedge cars and if you wanted to know anything about a Ford then he was the man to see. He helped me get and keep my '64 Galaxie I'm driving now on the road and I'm proud to call him friend.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v69/mitchum/x1print.jpg

jswillmon
02-20-2004, 08:07 PM
another stunner!!

Layla's Keeper
02-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Definitely cool Luke.

Reminds me, could you do me a favor? Build one of Timmy Richmond's cars and post it. Give the best driver NASCAR ever wanted to forget his due.

LUKE'57
02-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I did some pics for something I called "Heaven's 500" for my son's site that might interest you. I'll try to look it up and post it tonight. Watch for it, I think you'll like it.

Add your comment to this topic!