Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

KargoMaster rack stuff

Philosopher
04-27-2001, 10:42 AM
Schlud, how'd you mount your IPF's to the KM?

I have found a solution that I am implementing over the weekend - it is a Yakima piece that is sold in sets, 4
for $8 (i.e. 4 light mounts). They are pieces that are usually parts of other Yakima setups ... but they allow the mounting of lights to the KM round bars. I am picking up one set today to work with ...

Schludwiller
04-27-2001, 03:43 PM
I bought the Yakima LoadWarrior Light brackets. $30 for the two, and it includes the round brackets for mounting to your bar. I then used PVC tape (waterproof, thick and tough) to build up the KargoMaster bar so the fit would be snug.

I also had to drill two new holes. One for the IPF bolt. The other for the lower mounting clamp.

Very solid. and works great.

http://xterra4x4.com/mods/Owners/Lightbrackets/front.jpg

http://xterra4x4.com/mods/Owners/Lightbrackets/Rear.jpg

http://xterra4x4.com/owners/images/schlud/close.jpg

Philosopher
04-30-2001, 11:57 AM
Thanks fool.

The 'round brackets' are what I'm talking about - for my reverse lights, I don't need anything else ... still working on my front lights.

Schludwiller
04-30-2001, 01:37 PM
I'm going to use the Yakima clips (like the ones I used for the front brackets). I just have to drill a larger hole in the plastic, and build up the rear bar areas.

I'll just do one clip per light because I won't mind them bouncing around on the rear as much as the front.

Did you buy the IPF backup lights?

wqbang
04-30-2001, 04:05 PM
T,

Let us know how the clips work out for you. I for one am definitely interested in them.

Philosopher
05-01-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Schludwiller
I'm going to use the Yakima clips (like the ones I used for the front brackets). I just have to drill a larger hole in the plastic, and build up the rear bar areas.

I'll just do one clip per light because I won't mind them bouncing around on the rear as much as the front.

Did you buy the IPF backup lights?

I mounted up one of them last nght, it works great, doesn't move around at all. I didn't have to drill the mounts out.

I bought some cheap-ass tractor lights to use as reverse lights, I'm not spending any more cash on lighting. :smoker:

wqbang
05-01-2001, 02:49 PM
So... are you going to give us a part number or somethin'? :)

Philosopher
05-02-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by wqbang
So... are you going to give us a part number or somethin'? :)

That's the problem, I don't know what it is and the guys that I picked them up from don't know either. It is the part that goes around the round bars on Schlud's light mount, sorry I can't help you out more. I will try to find out what they are called ...

Mobycat
05-02-2001, 02:03 PM
You're not talking about something like what I had my IPF's mounted to when on top are you? If so, those can be had at Radio Shack for $10 each. Just a simple antenna mount.

Philosopher
05-02-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mobycat
You're not talking about something like what I had my IPF's mounted to when on top are you? If so, those can be had at Radio Shack for $10 each. Just a simple antenna mount.

Nope, talking about 4 for $8 parts from Yakima.

Add your comment to this topic!