Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Are they the same?

BlackBlur
02-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Are the Nissan V35 and Infinity G35 just about the same... as far as chassis and evertything goes. I know the engines are different but all the cosmetics look exactly alike. And i need to settle a dispute ASAP. Thanks

aznxthuggie
02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
well im not really sure what the nissan v35 is (because i live in the US) but in japan.. the nissan skyline coupe is the same as the infiniti g35 but in japan they have more engine choices.. like a 2.5 liter.. the 3.5 liter etc

riffster
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Are the Nissan V35 and Infinity G35 just about the same... as far as chassis and evertything goes. I know the engines are different but all the cosmetics look exactly alike. And i need to settle a dispute ASAP. Thanks

The G35 coupe has a longer wheelbase and is heavier. It is tuned slightly more for comfort. The 350Z has a carbon-fiber drive shaft and a strut tower brace, which the G35 doesn't have.

The engines are NOT different - both use the VQ35DE engine - Nissan's award-winning (9 year's in a row on the 10-best list from Wards Automotive, no other engine has ever done that) engine. The engines are tuned slightly differently - the Z gets 287 HP and the G 280 HP - but that's still not really much of a difference there. The Z isn't going to leave the G behind in a race due to engine power - it's up to the driver.

So there isn't much of a difference in speed and handling between the two - at least statistically. Both have the same top end ~155mph. Both have nearly identical skid-pad ratings. Yet the two cars feel a bit different - the coupe's longer wheelbase is probably the cause of most of that.

I look at it this way - the coupe is an endurance racer, a true GT (Grand Tourer.) The Z is a sports car - plain and simple.

And allow me this observation - the two do NOT look alike. The Z is a smaller, more pugnacious-looking car. The G is more refined and flowing - guess you can tell I own a G :biggrin: (but I do love the Z too!)

- Riff

G35man
02-26-2004, 07:51 PM
The G35 coupe has a longer wheelbase and is heavier. It is tuned slightly more for comfort. The 350Z has a carbon-fiber drive shaft and a strut tower brace, which the G35 doesn't have.

The engines are NOT different - both use the VQ35DE engine - Nissan's award-winning (9 year's in a row on the 10-best list from Wards Automotive, no other engine has ever done that) engine. The engines are tuned slightly differently - the Z gets 287 HP and the G 280 HP - but that's still not really much of a difference there. The Z isn't going to leave the G behind in a race due to engine power - it's up to the driver.

So there isn't much of a difference in speed and handling between the two - at least statistically. Both have the same top end ~155mph. Both have nearly identical skid-pad ratings. Yet the two cars feel a bit different - the coupe's longer wheelbase is probably the cause of most of that.

I look at it this way - the coupe is an endurance racer, a true GT (Grand Tourer.) The Z is a sports car - plain and simple.

And allow me this observation - the two do NOT look alike. The Z is a smaller, more pugnacious-looking car. The G is more refined and flowing - guess you can tell I own a G :biggrin: (but I do love the Z too!)

- Riff

350z isn't the same as a Nissan V35 . That I know is a fact but the rest of this is kind of an educated guess based on a lot of stuff i've read. V35 is a line of trim in the Skyline family, and is virtually the same, if not exactly the same. Dont quote me on anything except the first sentence though. We need somebody to learn japanese and check out nissan's japanese website.

Edit: I just did some navigation through the aforementioned website, and found this http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0301/ With the toolbar on the right, you can see what's where by looking at the bottom of your browser and seeing the address in the link. The only difference between the G35 and V35 I see are trim lines, badging, nissan on the wheel, and right hand drive. Also, its the same engine as in the G35 and 350Z

riffster
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
350z isn't the same as a Nissan V35 . That I know is a fact but the rest of this is kind of an educated guess based on a lot of stuff i've read. V35 is a line of trim in the Skyline family, and is virtually the same, if not exactly the same. Dont quote me on anything except the first sentence though. We need somebody to learn japanese and check out nissan's japanese website.

You're right - this is embarassing. :shakehead I did not read the question properly - which was comparing the V35 and the G35. I don't know why I saw the Z instead of V35. :chair:

Sorry!

- Riff

azn-pos-5-3-1
04-12-2004, 01:17 AM
so the g35 and the v35 r not the same cars......? wat i gather from wat i've read so far is that they use the same engine...the VQ35DE...and it may look a lil diff....so is that to say that if i get a g35 it would basically be the same as getting a v35...juz less options, heavier............nething else??

Add your comment to this topic!