Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

rvizi
02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
I need help from anyone who knows how to reset a lock on a radio in a pontiac gtp. I do not have my code and was wondering if there is a generic code to put in or anything to unlock it.

lakerfan1784
02-07-2004, 08:03 PM
take a look in your owners manual. It will tell you how to unlock your radio with your code, if you know what it is. I dont think that it would lock if you didnt activate the theftlock, so you must have the code somewhere. If you cant find it, take it to a dealer, I believe they can reset it.

99gt
02-07-2004, 09:58 PM
This is really simple to do on your own.
1. First, press and hold presets two and three for a few seconds. Three digits will come up on the display. These are the first three digits of the factory unlock code.

2. Press the AM/FM button on the unit and another three-digit number will read out. These are the last three digits of your code.

3. Call 1-800-537-5140. You'll be asked for a dealer code, 139010, 206053 and 620529 may work. Enter this number and then press the pound (#) button.

4. Now enter the six-digit code that you got from your stereo, first three digits first, then the last three. You will be given a four-digit response code. Make note.

5. In your car, hit the HR button and put in the first two digits of the response code. Then press the MIN button and put in the last two digits of your response code. Press AM/FM and then SEC should read out on your radio.

6. You should be unlocked!

Hope this helps....

rvizi
02-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks I'll try that and hope for the best.

Poose22
02-08-2004, 02:57 PM
do u need the car on for this to work?

kilroypr
02-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Poose22, I think what matters is that the radio has power. Ignition key on acc should do it. 99gt, impresive!!!

99gt
02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks kilroypr. Ign should be on or in acc. I had this problem when I bought a used cd deck. It took me about 20 min to find this out on other forums. Dealer wont unlock unless vin #`s match radio and car. If they do they charge $25-50 to do it. RIP OFF!!
Also I forgot if you repeat step #5 twice in a row it will disable the Theftlock and you will see "---". You will then be able to change to your own lock code.

JonJon68
02-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Do these steps work for a used factory CD player I installed in my 97 GT? Thanks

99gt
02-15-2004, 09:12 AM
This works on any Delco radio with Theftlock. This is ony if unit reads "LOC" and you dont know the unlock code.

JonJon68
02-15-2004, 11:53 AM
This works on any Delco radio with Theftlock. This is ony if unit reads "LOC" and you dont know the unlock code.
Thanks, for my particular radio I had to push the preset buttons one and four for the numbers to come up. However, when I did this a line like this came up ----- which I guess tells me that the theftlock is not activated.

beano6879
03-07-2004, 07:42 PM
You are my god! :D I had to meet a deadline to re-install a factory CD player. The install went fine until it came time to power up...the radio was in "LOC" mode. Needless to say I was furious and had no way to test the stereo. I did a quick search on the net and viola, I came across this post. THANK YOU!!!!! You saved me from an ass chewing!

kellynelly
09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Man you are almost a God!! I got the first numbers but when I press the am/fm button by itself to get the other 3, nothing happens, do you know what I might be missing???please help
1. First, press and hold presets two and three for a few seconds. Three digits will come up on the display. These are the first three digits of the factory unlock code.

2. Press the AM/FM button on the unit and another three-digit number will read out. These are the last three digits of your code.

3. Call 1-800-537-5140. You'll be asked for a dealer code, 139010, 206053 and 620529 may work. Enter this number and then press the pound (#) button.

4. Now enter the six-digit code that you got from your stereo, first three digits first, then the last three. You will be given a four-digit response code. Make note.

5. In your car, hit the HR button and put in the first two digits of the response code. Then press the MIN button and put in the last two digits of your response code. Press AM/FM and then SEC should read out on your radio.

Hope this helps....

nadspot
09-23-2004, 01:07 AM
call United Radio at (315)446-5570.They have all the codes!! I used to work there!!!

martymar77
01-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the help it worked. I don't have an owners manual anymore. It got kinda thrashed by the dog. But your help was greatly needed. Thanks alot. It was really simple to do. Thanks again.

Hope this helps....

BNaylor
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Since you have the code the unlock procedure is in the owner's manual if you have one under Theftlock. Checkout the link below for which buttons to press:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbu...light=theftlock

Depending on your year model the preset buttons mentioned may be 1 and 4. Also make sure ignition is in accessory or run. Good luck!

Thanks for the help it worked. I don't have an owners manual anymore. It got kinda thrashed by the dog. But your help was greatly needed. Thanks alot. It was really simple to do. Thanks again.

You're welcome and glad to see you got it resolved.

Cross reference to original message:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=503046

bjaymo3
01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks a bucket-full man. It worked like a champ on the very first try. Good instructions!!

dtsn280z
01-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. You the best.

richtazz
01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Not to be a party pooper, but the dealers whose code you used get charged for each time someone calls. I know dealers do their fair share of raping people, but this is a form of stealing, like illegally downloading music or pirated software. Just FYI.

BNaylor
01-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Not to be a party pooper, but the dealers whose code you used get charged for each time someone calls. I know dealers do their fair share of raping people, but this is a form of stealing, like illegally downloading music or pirated software. Just FYI.

Does that mean we are all busted? :lol2:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/lizzywiz/police.gif

richtazz
01-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Ruh-roh raggie, and we'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog!!!!!

coachbobby
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Two of my numbers are 8's. My stereo has 6 presets on it. How do I enter a number 8? Am I just stupid or what?

coachbobby
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Nevermind! :banghead: I went out in the garage and answered my own question!:screwy: Moron! Procedure works like a charm!:grinyes:

klaroche713
01-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Can someone please help me? I have a 99 grand prix. My radio is "LOC" i have tried calling the 1800# multiple time from different phones and anytime i type in any number the response i get is invalid account :banghead: .. my 3digits are 702 & 706. Can someone please help me with the 4 digit code so i can unlock my radio :confused:

Add your comment to this topic!