Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SAFC Clarification

Si2000 Vtec
12-28-2001, 02:31 AM
I never bothered to find out when I had my hatchback with my SAFC... but now that i might get one for my Si, I think i might need to know :)

When making fuel adjustments on your SAFC..
richer = colder combustion/less power/less wear
leaner = hot combustion/more power/more wear

is this correct?

Also, just got a Tenzo-R Axle-Back exhaust for my car... really impressed! Much better than I thought it would be.

drift
12-28-2001, 12:22 PM
yes, those statements would be correct. you should get an air/fuel ratio meter to make sure your settings will be correct for your application.

best bet is to take it to a tuner so that it can be properly tuned on a dyno at all rpm points.

does it still smell like dairy cows in puyallup?

Si2000 Vtec
12-29-2001, 07:12 PM
Haha yeah we still got the cow stench... it's a little nausiating at times. u used to live there or something?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if I get a vafc, i'll get an air/fuel meter so I can tune the RPM points.

drift
12-30-2001, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Si2000 Vtec
Haha yeah we still got the cow stench... it's a little nausiating at times. u used to live there or something?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if I get a vafc, i'll get an air/fuel meter so I can tune the RPM points.

trust me... it'll will take you years to get it set right on your own. take it to a tuner to have it tuned. once you have the baseline settings, you can manually tune it yourself for each new mod you install after that.

yeah, i used to live up there and still do pretty much, although i move around a lot.

Add your comment to this topic!