Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help: breaklight/blinker wiring problem

eloc
01-27-2004, 03:56 PM
here's the latest one of many electrical problems in my 98 mystique:

my rear right blinker/break light has an odd problem. when my lights are on, my rear right tail light lights up fine, and even works as a blinker, yet shuts off when i apply the break pedal. yet when my lights are off it functions fine as a break light? (the same bulb is used for both a blinker and break light) it seems to light up at only half its normal illumination and blinks at hyperspeed indicating a bulb replacement is needed, HOWEVER, that bulb was just replaced as has been tested and is fine as it functions perfectly in my rear left blinker/break light socket.

if anyone has any ideas let me know.

also here's some other fun problems:
1-my car speakers work fine with the stock stereo, but don't function at all with any after market systems even though no wires are found to be touching ground.

2-my car bumps out of cruise control when activating my turn signal

Youngzy
03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Did anyone have an answer for you about the brake light/blinker problem? I have the same issue although it is my left side.

Coupons420
03-28-2005, 04:19 AM
have you tried every fuse take them out under the driver dash and check them all, and the radio "i just figured this out i couldn’t figure out why the speakers weren’t working" it turns out there is some kind of amp or control switch that needs power, u need to hook up the 12v wire or red wire with another wire to power it, have you noticed how there are 6 wires and all u need r 3? Alright i just went outside and look at what i did...

Ground -black
Constant 12v - orange
acc or power wire - blue w/ black stripe and the white wire (not white with green line) the white wire is the switch that makes the speakers work, took me hours to figure this out and a box of fuses
Antenna - blue w/ maroon line
Illumination - white w/ green line (useless but maybe you have neon or something that could be triggered with the lights outside goin on)

But if anything electrical ever goes wrong check the fuses easy and simple fix and 9/10th of the time its that (And the radio fuse is #32)

Coupons420
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
umm.. it seems my dash lights went out? i dont know if it has to do with the radio install but it may be, i wouldnt do what i posted untill you go to like best buy and ask for a print out of the radio wires. better to be safe than sorry

eloc
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I started this thread a while ago- need to post my solutions:
first for the back blinker issue, the wiring in the tailight itself was bad and i had a new socket put in.
--as for the stereo, ford's built in amp wouldn't work with my after market unit, so i just rewired the thing: where the 4 speakers go into the amp (just under the glovebox), i spliced them into new wires, bypassing the amp completely, and then connecting straight to my new stereo (with a built in 45x4w amp).

Add your comment to this topic!