Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Honda Accord Coupe vs. 04 G35 Sedan

joNisHot
01-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Fully loaded 04 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 (with aero kits and spoiler and everything) or 04 G35 Sedan AWD (not many options)? The price comes about within 1K-2K within each other so tell me what you guys think. Looks, performance, etc.

Note that i am 19 and would definitely take the g35 coupe over both the accord and g35 sedan but that is not an option.

riffster
01-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Fully loaded 04 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 (with aero kits and spoiler and everything) or 04 G35 Sedan AWD (not many options)? The price comes about within 1K-2K within each other so tell me what you guys think. Looks, performance, etc.

Note that i am 19 and would definitely take the g35 coupe over both the accord and g35 sedan but that is not an option.

Lol - I answered your other post about your mother's objection to RWD on the coupe .... and suggested the Accord coupe as an option.

It all depends what you want in a car - both are quality cars with differing strengths. The G35 is a bit more powerful and will handle bad weather better. It is more of a performance-oriented sports sedan while the Accord Coupe is a value-oriented sporty car.

The Accord will have better 'toys' (NAV with voice-recognition), but the Infiniti has roadside assistnace, high owner satisfaction, etc., Not that Honda is a bad car, they aren't - Accords will go on forever.

Personally the styling of the Accord coupe is kinda bleagh :p to me. The sedan is more aggressive-looking, though not, of course, as gorgeous and sleek as the coupe (which is why I own a G35 sports coupe and I LOVE IT!) Sorry to torture you ... mebbe not. :biggrin:

Anyway - it depends on how much you want to spend and what you want from the car. Both are quality vehicles. (You might want to think about Subarus too though!)

- Riff

joNisHot
01-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Lol - I answered your other post about your mother's objection to RWD on the coupe .... and suggested the Accord coupe as an option.
- Riff

hahaha yea good one i just replied in that one saying that i had another thread about the honda accord. =D

lol ok and heres the deal now. the honda accord is sort of not an option anymore because when i ran it by my mom she seemed to like it at first... but then i told her the price range of a fully loaded honda accord v-6 and she ended up not wanting to pay high 20K for car thats "supposed to be cheap". i guess she has image issues but she is paying the majority of the money so her word is law. she would much rather get a lower end luxury vehicle for 30K price range.

she recently went to an infiniti dealer just to check things out. she saw the g35 coupe and couldnt get over the fact that it looked so damn FIIINE!! haha that RWD thing is really tearing her apart because she is a devout supporter of FWD/AWD in bad weather and i guess in her past experience RWD has not been good to her in the snow. but i am trying to get her to see that nowadays technology and whatnot have greatly reduced the gap between RWD and FWD in terms of snow driving.

other cars in consideration:

g35 sedan - nice and comes in awd but hard to get over the fact that the coupe is so much nicer
audi a4 quattro - very effective awd system that my mom loves but talks about reliability problems with audi (just visist an audi forum and you'll know what i'm talking about)
bmw 325 - nice beemer quality but where i live... you see a bmw 3 series in every other driveway =(
subaru wrx - good power and awd but for some reason i hate the looks so i probably won't get it but i put it up here for the hell of it.

wat other suggestions u have?

riffster
01-28-2004, 08:29 AM
lol ok and heres the deal now. the honda accord is sort of not an option anymore because when i ran it by my mom she seemed to like it at first... but then i told her the price range of a fully loaded honda accord v-6 and she ended up not wanting to pay high 20K for car thats "supposed to be cheap". i guess she has image issues but she is paying the majority of the money so her word is law. she would much rather get a lower end luxury vehicle for 30K price range.

Well, if it's her dime (or most of them) ....

she recently went to an infiniti dealer just to check things out. she saw the g35 coupe and couldnt get over the fact that it looked so damn FIIINE!! haha that RWD thing is really tearing her apart because she is a devout supporter of FWD/AWD in bad weather and i guess in her past experience RWD has not been good to her in the snow. but i am trying to get her to see that nowadays technology and whatnot have greatly reduced the gap between RWD and FWD in terms of snow driving.

Again, the coupe can be driven in the winter in most conditions (don't expect it to be driven in the midst of a blizzard due to low clearance and having too much power for driving through slush with RWD.) But you MUST have winter tires - which means paying extra for them. If you buy a 6MT or 5AT coupe w/performance package you'll have 18-inch wheels with Michelin summer tires. You'll have to buy Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22's and swap them out with the Michelins during the winter. Or buy 17-inch aftermarket wheels with a much larger selection of winter tires. If you buy the non-performance package 5AT coupe with 17-inch wheels and all-season tires I still recommend buying winter tires.

Again, yes technology has come a long way, but even with VDC, ABS, traction control, brake force distribution, etc., you will be in trouble in the winter without winter tires. Tires are #2 in importance to driving safety in all seasons - having the right tires for your driving conditions and style is paramount.

#1? It's you! How smart and courteous a driver you are! :biggrin:

other cars in consideration:

g35 sedan - nice and comes in awd but hard to get over the fact that the coupe is so much nicer

Hehe .... yeah, I hear you. I came in to look at the sedan in November of 2002, trying to be a responsible adult. But I saw the coupe and it was over ... OVAH! :D

audi a4 quattro - very effective awd system that my mom loves but talks about reliability problems with audi (just visist an audi forum and you'll know what i'm talking about)

Yep - Audi had a great drive system, good performance, nice styling outside and especially inside the car, but too many reliability issues. Little things always seem to be going wrong with an Audi A6 a friend of mine owns. :(

bmw 325 - nice beemer quality but where i live... you see a bmw 3 series in every other driveway =(

Yep ... nice cars, but you are paying a 4-6K premium for the name. Also, they're not going to have the reliability of an Infiniti or Acura. And I am sick of seeing them around me where I live - they're like yuppie rats! One of the main reasons I am in the G35 coupe is because it stands out - for its' beauty and for its' relative rarity. :D

subaru wrx - good power and awd but for some reason i hate the looks so i probably won't get it but i put it up here for the hell of it.

I agree about the looks of the Sube's - great handling and peppy performers, but the boxiness of them is off-putting. How about the new Legacy that is coming out soon? AWD and 5.5 seconds 0-60 plus better styling than other Subarus (and Subaru has pushed safety in the car, something your mom will like.) Here is a link to their preview page .... http://www.need-desire.com/main.html won't be out for several months, and expect to pay 32K or so for the turbo.

wat other suggestions u have?

See above about the new Subaru Legacy.

And remember the Lamborghini Murcielago is four-wheel drive too! :jump3:

- Riff

joNisHot
01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
How about the new Legacy that is coming out soon? AWD and 5.5 seconds 0-60 plus better styling than other Subarus (and Subaru has pushed safety in the car, something your mom will like.) Here is a link to their preview page .... http://www.need-desire.com/main.html won't be out for several months, and expect to pay 32K or so for the turbo.

o dammnn... that is pretty nice. i would seriously consider it if it was out now. i'm sick of waiting my mom was supposed to buy me a car about 3 months ago and she kept on delaying it. I am willing to bet that if i say i want the Legacy she will be like. OKAY!! and then few months come around and when it finally comes out she will find something about it she "doesnt like". :banghead:
nice suggestion tho its def much better styling than the wrx. =D

yea... lamborghini.... haha rite maybe a ferarri too while im at it. :thumbsup:

XixGenuinexiX
02-07-2004, 08:55 AM
what about a mitsubishi evo VIII, Acura TL-S, Acura RSX-S

riffster
02-07-2004, 12:07 PM
what about a mitsubishi evo VIII, Acura TL-S, Acura RSX-S

Well, if he doesn't like the looks of the Sube's I don't think he is going to like an Evo. They're very fast and handle very nicely - but they look like boxes on wheels (you have to like that 'rally car' look I guess.)

The Acura TL-S is a good suggestion - but again, it is not a sports sedan since it is front-wheel drive. Nice interior, cool gadgets, and a peppier engine than prior TL's. It would come down to whether he wants interior and gadgets (go with TL-S), or driving performance (go with the G35.)

Better yet :thinkerg: - wait yet still a few more months (Jon is crying now! :crying: ) for the 2005 G35. A super new interior is to debut at the NYC Auto Show in April. Supposed to be a BIG improvement! I will be kind of bummed - but I'm still glad I have my '03 G coupe. It is so choice. :grinyes:

Acura RSX-S - meeeh, doesn't have quite the power nor the handling to compete. A small front-wheel driver? No thank you! :disappoin

That's my take anyway - he could disagree.

- Riff

joNisHot
02-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Better yet :thinkerg: - wait yet still a few more months (Jon is crying now! :crying: ) for the 2005 G35. A super new interior is to debut at the NYC Auto Show in April. Supposed to be a BIG improvement!

sounds tempting but yes i'm crying. how many months would it be exactly? :sly:

riffster
02-07-2004, 10:14 PM
sounds tempting but yes i'm crying. how many months would it be exactly? :sly:

Well, the coupe was released for the 2003 year in October and November of 2002. A new interior G sedan/coupe would probably be released at the same time - maybe at the earliest it would be available in September of this year.

Here's an idea of the new interior might be like (at least as good as this, if not better since you're buying an Infiniti and not a Nissan) - here are two shots of the 2005 Altima interior from a thread on Freshalloy.com:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67670402&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Note the steering wheel is the same style and the auburn-colored gauges are kept - but now there are rotary knobs and the NAV unit is in the dash (not a pop-up like it is now.)

- Riff

P.S. There are some rumors floating about that the coupe and sedan will get a slight power boost too - but I have not found any real confirmation of that. The G's WILL get an interior upgrade, but my opinion is that they won't get any power boost.

g35xowner
04-04-2004, 09:27 AM
If you are going to consider a Honda why not also try a fully loaded Nissan Altima or Maxima with the 3.5 V6? You get basically the same engine with FWD.

Personally I bought the G35x and love the handling under slippery conditions

jeffs_GTP_sleeper
04-26-2004, 05:33 AM
If you are going to consider a Honda why not also try a fully loaded Nissan Altima or Maxima with the 3.5 V6?

Or better yet get a GTP Comp G and you will be faster than all those cars mentioned in auto form. With $1500 in mods you could run 12s.

Here is a vid of a new manual accord racing:

Honda Accord (http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/sleepygtp/races/honda2GTP.mpg)

Add your comment to this topic!