Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AutomotiveForums.com Stickers

igor@af
04-18-2001, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone!
Due to our success as a growing new community, we have decided to do something really crazy.
If we were selling stickers that said "AutomotiveForums.com" for the windshield, will you be interested to buy one?
I want to get some kind of an estimate for the demand, to see if it's worth the try.
I will have some pics of the stickers later. Basically, I am thinking it will be full width sticker that says "AutomotiveForums.com" for your windshield.
The dimensions are 36" x 3".
We will hopefully be able to get the price to as low as $15 including shipping fees.

Please give us any suggestions and your opinion on this. Should we do it? Should we also sell smaller ones? Any help is welcome!

Thanks.

Igor

P.S. A price for a smaller sticker will be cheaper than the full-size.

UPDATE

Unless you have changed your mind, everyone who has voted "yes" on the poll please email me stickers@automotiveforums.com with the following information
Full name
Shipping address
Color Code - view all available colors here click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/store/vinyl.html)
A confirmation that you have sent $7 Cash or Check to

Igor Sushko
2005 Lampton Circle
Lexington KY, 40514

The price is for US addresses ONLY. It will be cost extra for other countries, please e-mail me if you would like to find out the price for your country.

P.S.

You may order more than 1 sticker and you will get a big discount because most of the $7 is for shipping and the tube -

1 Sticker - $7
2 Stickers - $10
3 Stickers - $13
4 Stickers - $16 etc.

The cost is $3 per sticker after the first one.

MaximumBrian
04-18-2001, 09:49 PM
In So Cali cops got issues with windsheild banners. I might be interested in a small one though, but I already run maximadriver.com which links to these forums, so it might be just too much. I don't like putting many stickers on my ride.

vettemaan
04-18-2001, 09:53 PM
oh man i would buy a small one that would be awesome:D

people would say"LOOK AT THAT STICKER!:eek: OMG!!!!!!!!" ;)

enzo@af
04-18-2001, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I too have had friends get tickets for windshield banners in my area...but not often, and it's at the same time as getting another ticket (or three others in once case).

I, personally, am not a big fan of windshield banners, but I might put one up in my back-windshield, and I'd definitely put a smaller sticker somewhere. I'd suggest having a large one, and also a smaller one (clear background, white writing, maybe 12" wide, 2" high?).

So, I vote YES! To both, but mostly to smaller ones.

GOD
04-18-2001, 09:57 PM
I dunno if i would put a sticker saying AF.com .....Its a good ideal and everything but it sounds kinda "Wild" ;) In my personal opinion i think that cars with stickers are just cheesey unless their sponsored or its a really decked out ride . I think that we are already growing fast enought as is .....and i dont think this will help as much as we think . I think the way to go is throught partnerships with more people . My 0.02 i wouldnt mind putting up a small one :)

igor@af
04-18-2001, 09:57 PM
ok great guys, keep em comin!
I want to know what EVERYONE thinks.

carmaster
04-18-2001, 10:06 PM
I'd kick my own ass if I had one, or If I didn't then surely the kids at school would:)

JD@af
04-19-2001, 02:23 AM
igor, I think this is a great idea, and especially in light of your news about our ability to support such a large user base, why not go with a little outside of the internet promotions? I think this would really help get our name out there.

However, this brings me to a separate point. These web discussion boards are basically not-for-profit organizations. By bringing paid advertisements into the picture, are we flirting with the commercial world?? Seriously. And if so, is this a direction we wish to head in? If enough people know our name, we will start to attract corporations who will want to use our site for advertising space. Just look at the evolution of Napster.

In conclusion, going through with this sticker idea may completely change the focus of AF. This seems crazy, but I don't think its within the realm of impossibility. If you had asked me in December if I thought we'd get to where we were today, i.e. with the number of new members joining per day and the amount of traffic our site enjoys, I would have said not a chance. But, we did it. These stickers could be a step towards the AF revolution.

unite@af
04-19-2001, 02:46 AM
I wouldnt put it on my car. Not that I dont love the forum but I have issues with damn OSU parking stickers being on my car. In fact I shaved all the emblems off my car when I had the body work down to it... Theres no GMC or suburban emblems to be found. Its just how I like it. I wouldnt mind a small one for like in my room or on my work helmet.

primera man
04-19-2001, 05:21 AM
Great idea....count me it for a small one though,not the large windshield one.
Clear background,white letters??? or something very similar to your home page with the car in it.....cool

enzo@af
04-19-2001, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea about having the car in it. Is there any way you could get a few different styles to choose from?

i_rebel
04-19-2001, 12:48 PM
I'm with it . . . I collect stickers anyhow . . .

I'd have said no . . . but the graphic design around here smacks of contemporary styling and good taste, so I don't doubt that the stickers would follow suit . . .

Yes to both . . .

Stevie B
'93 G20 :sun:

enzo@af
04-19-2001, 04:21 PM
How much would the smaller one's cost?

Porsche
04-19-2001, 05:00 PM
Go with the smaller ones, my locker right now iscovered in bike stickers and I want want for my locker & bike. Get a few different styles though.

enzo@af
04-19-2001, 07:08 PM
How about these?

igor@af
04-19-2001, 07:32 PM
:eek2:

Dude, CF is kool:rolleyes:

I will post the prices and the stickers here asap.

thanks for all the responses guys.

Elite3kGT
04-19-2001, 07:32 PM
A small sticker for my car, or that could be put on other things would be great.

By-the-way, if AF brings the Skyline to the U.S. I'll buy all the god-forsaken stickers that money can buy.

:D

igor@af
04-19-2001, 08:03 PM
Here's the sticker we will start out with:
simple yet functional

The cost will be $7 including shipping anywhere within US or Canada. [Will cost a little more if outside this region]
The dimensions are 12x1 inches.
The text is solid white.

igor@af
04-19-2001, 08:06 PM
Please email me if you are interested in ordering this one.

Thanks.

Heep
04-19-2001, 08:21 PM
I'd buy a small (12" x 2") sticker for the back window, clear with white letters. Just saying "www.automotiveforums.com" would be great. I think back ones are more effective...most people that see the front one are driving the other direction, usually going at least the speed limit, but double because you are too in the other direction. Tailgaters like me can have a chance to read back window ones.

igor@af
04-19-2001, 10:52 PM
I am thinking we should have a little bigger one also, maybe like 20 x 2 ?
What do you think guys?

enzo@af
04-20-2001, 12:09 AM
I think I'd be into the smaller one, but I think two sizes is a good idea.

Koojo
04-20-2001, 09:24 PM
Stickers sound like a good idea. I dont really like putting stickers on my banger, but others might like it.

ales
04-22-2001, 01:01 PM
Well, of all things I would put a *very* small sticker (like 1.5X20cm) on the black plastic part that I have under my rear licinse plate. I'm not joking here. But I don't think it would be smart to have it delivered over the Atlantic and half of Yurp. Hehe

igor@af
04-27-2001, 09:50 PM
Please check out this page:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/store/index.php

for stickers.

Thanks!!

igor@af
04-30-2001, 06:21 PM
Unless you have changed your mind, everyone who has voted "yes" on the poll please email me stickers@automotiveforums.com with the following information
Full name
Shipping address
Color Code - view all available colors here click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/store/vinyl.html)
A confirmation that you have sent $7 Cash or Check to

Igor Sushko
2005 Lampton Circle
Lexington KY, 40514

The price is for US addresses ONLY. It will be cost extra for other countries, please e-mail me if you would like to find out the price for your country.

P.S.

You may order more than 1 sticker and you will get a big discount because most of the $7 is for shipping and the tube -

1 Sticker - $7
2 Stickers - $10
3 Stickers - $13
4 Stickers - $16 etc.

The cost is $3 per sticker after the first one.

GOD
04-30-2001, 06:32 PM
I take it no one has bought one yet LOL :hehehe:

igor@af
04-30-2001, 06:33 PM
No, actually we already got some group orders. :finger:
I just know there are more people that wanted to buy em so I am just reminding everyone :)

kris
05-03-2001, 08:04 PM
PayPal? I would like to use? Do you use it?

igor@af
05-03-2001, 08:13 PM
The reason I really don't want to use PayPal is because they take a percentage of the money sent :( So then the price would be higher... like $8 instead of $7 for the first sticker and then $3 each after that.
If you want to send it thru PayPal.

X2BOARD
05-13-2001, 03:43 PM
I don't know about stickers, I am very hesitant about putting stickers of any kind on my car......

Now a license plate frame.....:flash:

That would be interesting.... !

enzo@af
05-13-2001, 04:50 PM
Yeah, a license plate frame would be cool too!

johnny
05-15-2001, 11:42 PM
I'm down to buy one. Are there any designs out yet?

JD@af
05-16-2001, 05:40 PM
You know, while I personally too would be more likely to get a license plate frame over a sticker, I think this is a step in the wrong direction. These items will raise production costs, while actually reducing visibility of the AF name. Two things we don't want.

Therefore, IMO we should steer clear of this idea, unless we can get a list of definite buyers solidified to keep the cost of the production run relatively low (say $10 to $15 per unit - $20 tops).

Graphik Styles
10-11-2002, 08:57 AM
You know, while I personally too would be more likely to get a license plate frame over a sticker, I think this is a step in the wrong direction. These items will raise production costs, while actually reducing visibility of the AF name. Two things we don't want.

i totally agree wit jd@af

Menu dei Motori
10-29-2002, 10:33 AM
good idea!
but are there already some smaller stickers available?

Neutrino
06-20-2003, 05:15 AM
i would go for a small unobstrusive sticker....basically something that only a fellow af'er can see and understand....this way its like a private joke.....some stylised Af logo would be cool too.....

i could also go for a licence plate frame.....

poser
06-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by JD@af

Therefore, IMO we should steer clear of this idea, unless we can get a list of definite buyers solidified to keep the cost of the production run relatively low (say $10 to $15 per unit - $20 tops).

when i first started reading this thread, i was thinking about a license plate frame... after reading your comment JD i completely agree :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!