Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine swap if possible

bdallenjr
01-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I havent checked specs yet but I was wondering if I could fit an SHO taurus engine in my mystique??? Also I have been reading the contour forum and was wondering if the 3.0 would fit in my Mystique??? I like the car but the engine is the biggest POS I have ever pushed the pedal for plus mine has 126000 on it (time for a new one). any replies would be appreciated

beyondloadedSE
01-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I havent checked specs yet but I was wondering if I could fit an SHO taurus engine in my mystique??? Also I have been reading the contour forum and was wondering if the 3.0 would fit in my Mystique??? I like the car but the engine is the biggest POS I have ever pushed the pedal for plus mine has 126000 on it (time for a new one). any replies would be appreciated

No, neither the SHO V6 or V8 will fit in a contour. Im part of contour.org and trust me, its been discussed numerous times. However, the 3.0L duratec from a taurus will fit. I have 99 3.0L in my 96 contour. Btw, what engine do you have in your mystique right now? The 2.0L zetec or the 2.5L duratec?

bdallenjr
01-11-2004, 09:34 PM
i got the 2.0L zetec

beyondloadedSE
01-12-2004, 07:09 AM
i got the 2.0L zetec

that makes things a bit more complicated since your bellhousing wont match up to a 3.0L since you have the zetec trans. Also, you have different motor mounts. Certainly possibly, but maybe a bigger project than you want to get yourself into.

Add your comment to this topic!