Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

any problems with the srt 4

03cavyTT
01-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I am thinkin about buyin a srt 4 but i want to know if there has been any problems with any of the years and how much does insurance cost on these monsters THANKS

inzanesrt4
01-06-2004, 05:03 PM
My insurance is $10 more then my 2000 neon.
Problems everyone is having a few different problems but as far as universal. The #4 plug wire gets hot and turns whitish because of heat from turbo, #1 plug and wire burn hotter then the rest and can accumulate white residue similiar to WRX's #3 plug and wire. Otherwise they have been car by car problems.

03cavyTT
01-07-2004, 11:58 AM
how old are you if you dont mind i am 18 and lookin to buy an 04 srt 4 but i want to know how much insurance would run. If it qwill be to much i would put in under my parents name.

calgary_redneck
01-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Its a dodge product so I'm sure its gonna have a whole hockey sock full of problems, still I"m glad people buy them dodge products have put bread of the table of many a mechanics family

03cavyTT
01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
ummm yeah thanks for answering my question redneck

Neutrino
01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Its a dodge product so I'm sure its gonna have a whole hockey sock full of problems, still I"m glad people buy them dodge products have put bread of the table of many a mechanics family

did you sign up for this forum just so you could bash on dodges? What happened did you get spanked by a neon or something. Your irational hate of them is unwelcomed. If you don't have anything useful to add please don't waste the bandwith.

anyway to get back on topic...there have no big issues with the srt4 besides some inconsistent spark plug gapping, as mentioned earlier a few crisped spark plug wires(replaced under warranty) and some burned clutches(due mainly to hard launces and heavy abuse)

srt4man03
01-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I have an SRT-4, I have really not had any problems with it at all. The only thing I don't really like about it is the shifts can be somewhat stiff from 1st to second if you are granny shifting. But if you are driving it like you stole it, there is no problem shifting it at all. Every first year car is going to have problems. They already made changes from the 03 to 04. I would buy a 04 in a heart beat. I love my 03 srt.

Neutrino
01-09-2004, 05:53 AM
I have an SRT-4, I have really not had any problems with it at all. The only thing I don't really like about it is the shifts can be somewhat stiff from 1st to second if you are granny shifting. But if you are driving it like you stole it, there is no problem shifting it at all. Every first year car is going to have problems. They already made changes from the 03 to 04. I would buy a 04 in a heart beat. I love my 03 srt.

get the mopar short throw...that should sove you problems

srt4man03
01-09-2004, 08:00 AM
I am going to, I have talk to some people on the forums and that's what they all said to do. I am just waiting for my bonus from work to buy it.

Neutrino
01-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I am going to, I have talk to some people on the forums and that's what they all said to do. I am just waiting for my bonus from work to buy it.

sweet :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!