Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda Accord starting Problem

Pages : [1] 2

vayyer
01-04-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX v6 and I have been taking it the dealer for regular maintanance and Oil Change but ,

today I noticed my Car would not start

I can hear the engine start , but when I put the Grear (automatic ) in either reverse or D4 the engine will stop.

Then I waited for some time and restarted it and It was OK

Can anybody please tell me why this happened ?

any input is appreciated

Thanks in advance

91civicDXdude
01-04-2004, 09:50 PM
you might try the Accord V6 forum.. its dedicated solely to your car.

HONDA_99
01-05-2004, 07:09 AM
i believe its EGR system give you this problem. there are few people with same issue as your, if you want to see what they expirenced and they tryed to solve it you need to click here (http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18569)
if your car under waranty go to dealer, and if not i would still talk to dealer to find out if your car is part of recall. some 2000 AV6 were recalled for EGR system repair.

vayyer
01-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all the info I am taking my car to the Dealer on Wed . Will update the posting.

TRUV6
01-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey guys I have a 2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe, and i've been having the same exact problem. Some days when i've driven the car around doing errands, I would get back in my car after leaving it for ten min, and try to start my car, then my car would start but the rpm would go down to zero and my car would die. I would have to start it and press the gas right away for a few min until the rpm would stay above zero, I really need to know if there is a site to go on to check if there was a recall on this problem...I really don't trust Honda, cause they've screwed me over a few times. Any help would be great, thanks!

lorunner
03-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Hey guys I have a 2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe, and i've been having the same exact problem. Some days when i've driven the car around doing errands, I would get back in my car after leaving it for ten min, and try to start my car, then my car would start but the rpm would go down to zero and my car would die. I would have to start it and press the gas right away for a few min until the rpm would stay above zero, I really need to know if there is a site to go on to check if there was a recall on this problem...I really don't trust Honda, cause they've screwed me over a few times. Any help would be great, thanks!

sounds like a main fuel relay!

ANTONIO D COLE
03-27-2004, 09:12 AM
sounds like a main fuel relay!

Hello all. I am new to this forum as you can see. I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago and it was in fact the main relay. I have had no problems since.

eastsidestu
03-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Cool, I finally bought a non-American engineered car (2004 Accord EX) and within the first 1000 miles I have a defective fuel pressure regulator. On top of that they said the part won't come in for two days and I'm driving a stripped down Civiv loaner! I'm so excited that I now own America's favorite car! Gee whiz, how lucky I am!

ImportChickV6
04-22-2004, 04:47 PM
i have an 03 with starting issues actually....every couple weeks it will happen. if the car sits for a while, and i try to start it...it just turns over, or it's very delayed.

happydrocca98
06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
hey it could be the radiator but I doubt it. I went to some problems like that with my car to back when I first got it. I got a 98 and back then when I start my engine I would here a certain out of the ordinary problem. I drove my car for like 3 months or around there until I got my timing belt change and I realize the out of ordinary noise that comes on when I start my car was from the radiator. all the lights came on but I was still able to drive for a day. I got that fix but since you guys got 2000 models I wouldn't really know the problem all I can think of is the radiator because that also has to deal with starting the car.

happydrocca98
06-11-2004, 10:47 PM
whoops my bad I fix the altenator =) hahahahaha but yeah just giving some ideas I hope my car doesn't automatically out of no where doesn't start also.....even though I feel like it's about to do that on me

red99accord
07-13-2004, 12:22 AM
it could be you need your fuel filter changed also might check into that. I had that problem in my99 accord and somone suggested I change the fuel filter and it hasnt done it since

Navy I.C.
09-21-2004, 12:15 PM
yesterday my wife was coming home in her 99accord and she said the car started putt-putt puttin.
i tried to start the car when i got home and it started putting and then cut off.
i checked the oil, it was about a quart low. when i filled it, i tried to start it again. the starter would turn and turn, but it wouldn't start.
can someone help me...

whatsupzaflo
09-23-2004, 02:20 AM
yesterday my wife was coming home in her 99accord and she said the car started putt-putt puttin.
i tried to start the car when i got home and it started putting and then cut off.
i checked the oil, it was about a quart low. when i filled it, i tried to start it again. the starter would turn and turn, but it wouldn't start.
can someone help me...

Look. The most widely found honda problem ive seen has something to do with the fuel pump, or the main fuel relay. I had a car that did the exact same thing but it was a little bit older model. I found out that the wire to the relay was hashed, and very decayed so i had to replace it. After it was replaced, the car worked fine.

Navy I.C.
09-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Look. The most widely found honda problem ive seen has something to do with the fuel pump, or the main fuel relay. I had a car that did the exact same thing but it was a little bit older model. I found out that the wire to the relay was hashed, and very decayed so i had to replace it. After it was replaced, the car worked fine.

thanx for the help, but i just found out she filled the tank with diesel fuel...

undrcroft
09-28-2004, 12:33 AM
well, i'd bash female drivers but i think i had a male teacher in highschool who did that. You just have to drain the tank and refill right?

moyles902
09-29-2004, 09:35 PM
I know my car is significantly older than your car (89) however my car does that periodically too.. All I do is unplug the main wire from the system, wait 2 seconds, and then plug it in again...it does not solve the problem, but it gets me to where I want to go....

downinsd
11-22-2004, 09:10 PM
thanx for the help, but i just found out she filled the tank with diesel fuel...

How is that possible? Usually, diesel fuel pumps will not fit into a gasoline tank opening...

dameacogrl81501
11-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Today when i was leaving work i went to start my car but all it did when i turned the key in the ignition was "click" click" "click". I know it's not the battery because all the lights and everything came on. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be... I just bought the car Last week wednesday and it has 89k miles on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

japanesestallion
12-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I hope people can help me as I will be able to help with others with their questions.
As for the main relay, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND calling the "recall" center/department in Torrance, CA.
I was so ticked off when I took my car and talked to the service advisor that why there are no recall on this. She even told me that there are many cases with the main relay.
So I called the Honda in Torrance, CA. It takes a while to get to the right person and department. But I finally got through. They took my info, BIN #, make and year of car, what the prob was, and they gave me case #. Few days later, a guy called from Honda. I asked him why there are no recalls for the main relay. He told me because he never heard there was any prob. So I directed him to this site and other Honda sites.
The $$$ to get my car fixed only cost 150 bucks. 25 dollar part with 125 labor. But I got my REFUND from Honda. They sent me a check.

WE ALL NEED TO STEP IT UP A NOTCH.
Call them, tell them about the main relay. The more complaint they get, they can make this a legit recall, and we can get a refund or at least, get it fixed for free for the future customer.

adrenalin26
12-28-2004, 09:25 PM
**for anyone else that has the same problem. Mostly for 90-93 Accords. Been over a year and still no problems for me**
I posted this before and seems to be a really common problem.....

Hey there, it's probably your MASTER RELAY. I had the same problem and so did my friend. I searched the net for an answer and always came up with master relay. I took mine out, resoldered it and it hasn't done it again. That was over a year ago. The Master Relay is right under the dash on the drivers side (on my '90 anyway). You just take it out, open the cover, resolder all the connections at the top of it and it's good as new. Apparently the solder they used in Malaysia or whatever was sub-par and when it gets old the solder disconnects after it gets hot. When it cools (usually 5-15 minutes) it will work again.
Go to this link! You will thank me. It is an extremly easy repair and works great. I was sceptical but it worked when Honda dealers, mechanics and everyone else couldn't figure it out. Don't know why more people don't know about this. Everyone I know that has a 90-93 Honda Accord has this same problem. Usually only does it when the car has been driven a short distance.

http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/ele.../main-relay.htm

They go into a lot of detail but I just took mine out, resoldered it and put it back in.

Hope this helps,
Tony

adrenalin26
12-28-2004, 09:30 PM
the address didn't print up it's www. markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

Ehscrewdude
01-27-2005, 03:58 PM
lol, diesel. Sounds like a lot of the problems in here are with the timing belt... just maybe. My 94 accord used to run low idle speeds and wibrate a little. A little tweak on the timing and it idles higher, getting rid of that vibration...

adrenalin26
02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey there, it's probably your master relay. I had the same problem and so did my friend. I searched the net for an answer and always came up with master relay. I took mine out, resoldered it and it hasn't done it again. That was over 6 months ago. The Master Relay is right under the dash on the drivers side (on my '90 anyway). You just take it out, open the cover, resolder all the connections at the top of it and it's good as new. Apparently the solder they used in Malaysia or whatever was sub-par and when it gets old the solder disconnects after it gets hot. When it cools (usually 5-15 minutes) it will work again.
Go to this link! You will thank me. It is an extremly easy repair and works great. I was sceptical but it worked when Honda dealers, mechanics and everyone else couldn't figure it out.
http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/ele.../main-relay.htm
They go into a lot of detail but I just took mine out, resoldered it and put it back in.
Hope this helps,
Tony

http://www markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

adrenalin26
02-03-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

Wa jang chang
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I thought the diesel pump nozzle is made slightly bigger than gasoline nozzle to prevent something like that to happen... Well, that does not stop someone to pump diesel... into gasoline car. S!@#$ happens, right?

AdrianLee
04-08-2005, 02:34 PM

I'm beginning to think all hondas get to the pt wheret hey don't wan't to start. I sure hope I didn't put deisel in mine.
It was driving fine, I'd been have ing an idle surge problem, but that's just a vacuum leak. I get to a stop light, it sputttered, and hasn't satarted now for two days. Any ideas? Oh, yeah, it's a 86 Accord. :banghead:

septemberfreedom
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM

Oh Jesus! I hope I don't ever marry a winner like that.

kyndebby
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
It's been happening for the last three summers, but here lately it got worse. I couldn't find a shady spot to park today and my 91 Accord sat in the sun all day. When I went out to start it, it started and then died. Usually I can let it sit for about a minute and then floor it when I turn the key and it will start but today it just would not turn over. I was told there is a problem with 90-92 Accords with this...anyone know?

jesus058
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
This is the good one

http://www.marklamond.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

Thanks

russiankid
10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
one problem is the dealer, the dealer people dint give a shit about your car so i wouldnt be surprised if they stick a used oil filter on or even leave the one u have on, just clean it a bit, so dont trust dealers, second how many miles do you have on it? if u have more then 50k then u should change your fuel filter, because while the engine is in park and has no strain on it the fuel goes fine, but when you put strain on it by putting it into a drive or w/e the fuel filter is drity which causes the engine not to get enough fuel so it just shuts off

brian596
11-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I am having a problem with my accord, and am trying to figure it out as well. Mine stalls while driving as well - but everything works eg: radio, lights, a/c... I can get it started by turning the ignition but as soon as I release the key it dies again and again..... don't know why and am not comfortable driving long distances since it is so unpredictable... I'm waiting to hear from my mechanic to check it out. Will let you know what I find out - hopefully nothing major!!! Good luck.

jeffcoslacker
12-06-2005, 08:51 AM

:evillol: Your fuel system will be nice and clean now.....

At least she didn't fill a diesel with gas. That'll blow the head right off the motor.:eek7:

I think Hondas have a drain bolt in the tank, or they used to I know.

I'd drain it, pull the line off the fuel rail and let the pump blow the line clean and reconnect, then spray start it with some ether so it'll start (probably have to dry the plugs out first) and run long enough to clear any diesel residue from the rail and injectors.

For you others that said possibly EGR problem on others acting like this, if you can start the car by holding the throttle open (as if it was flooded) and keep it running by feathering the throttle, but it dies when you take your foot off the gas, it could well be an EGR or IAC problem (both create a large vacuum leak/lean condition that it can't overcome at idle or startup.)

If nothing, you probably have a fuel delivery issue.

all168
03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I had the problem with my 03 accord before, I brought it back to the dealer and they said a hose is lose, I don't remember what exactly the name of the part but I remember it is something to do with the emission system. I am not sure if it will related to the people who own 98-02 accord.

dodins
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi guys.. i'm new to these forum and need ur help. I have a Honda Accord 1998 LX. A week ago after driving the car for 2 hours I noticed the coolant was coming out from the coolant reservoir and when I finally turned off the engine the coolant was excessively dripping out from the reservoir and even half drained the radiator. the mechanic later told me to replace the radiator cap which I did.But yesterday was worst, my car wont start. So have to tow it in the auto shop. The mechanic told me after testing it( took out the sparkplug and turn the ignition on..a mist of watery substance came out).. that could be the head is crack. Please advice me if ever its crack could the sealant work? or shpould i go and change the head? or change the engine it self.? Both are worth a thousand. need ur advice.

lizzylou
04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I had a simular problem with my 98 Honda accord, V6 Vtec. It would turn over put not completely start, but if we waited a minute or 2 then it would start just fine, it also would die just driving down the road. of course it would do it at the most inconvenient times. Took it to the dealership about 4 times the computer said nothing was wrong with it. Finally one day it happened at the gas station close to the dealership once it started we took it right over there....the tech's were able to get it to do it again...turned out it was the solder joint on the starter relay. The joint was cracked and whenever we would go over a bump or uneven road it would come disonected slightly and then when we would try to start it again it wouldn't. So for about $100 we had that replaced and never had a problem with that since.

yesido4u
08-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I have a 98 accord coupe v6 and I'm having a starting problem when ever the car is left in hot weather for a long time. I'm trying to figure out what it is. I read all about it it all the time and everybody says the same thing. they brought the car for the recall and after that the problem started to begin. I had no problems with my car till I brought the car for the egnition control. If someone has any idea what the problem is please tell me. Thank you...

William Williams
09-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Very interesting these starting problems; I have a 92 Accord wagon that starts and runs fine when the weather is cool or it is in the shade. If it sits in a hot parking lot all day it will not start. This morning (bright sun) it would not start. I opened the gas cap and let the pressure excape from the tank and it started right up.

Releasing the tank pressure was just luck. I was let down several times after that until I got serious about finding the problem. I removed the main relay (way up behind the dash on the left side of the steering wheel) and checked the continuity on all terminals. This was okay. Next I found an almost indecernable crack on the coil housing. After replacing the coil, I have had no other problems. If you have a starting issue (electrical), you should check three things: 1. the main relay (this contains the power relays for both the fuel pump and the electronic control unit), 2. the coil, and 3. the igniter (ignition control module) on the distributor. See page 4-3 & 5-3 in your"Haynes (90 - 93 Honda) Repair Manual" #42012.

rollin17s
10-16-2007, 08:32 AM
I read over this thread with alot of interest and I had to let everyone that has a 90 to 93 accord know that I had the same problem and I bought a main relay of of ebay and stuck it in last night and it fixed my car. Its a pain in the butt to get to and in a hard spot to reach especially if yor like me and a pretty good sized fella. lol Anyway here is a link that should help with step by step instructions on how to get to it and get it out http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doityourself/l/bl_hmr_1.htm. I hope this helps any of you experiencing the hot starting problem. By the way the relay was 25 bucks with shipping off ebay versus like 75 at a dealer.

alarmpro
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I read over this thread with alot of interest and I had to let everyone that has a 90 to 93 accord know that I had the same problem and I bought a main relay of of ebay and stuck it in last night and it fixed my car. Its a pain in the butt to get to and in a hard spot to reach especially if yor like me and a pretty good sized fella. lol Anyway here is a link that should help with step by step instructions on how to get to it and get it out http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doityourself/l/bl_hmr_1.htm. I hope this helps any of you experiencing the hot starting problem. By the way the relay was 25 bucks with shipping off ebay versus like 75 at a dealer.
But you could have easily fixed by redoing the solders on the PCBoard of the main relay, fixed a lot of those without having to buy a new one, and you might encounter the same defects of the solders in your Running Daylight Module if your car is equipped with DRL. Symptoms will be high beam lights and DRLights not working.

mommatroll
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
:eek: HELP-wHERE IS THE GAS RELAY SWITCH LOCATED ON A 1988 hONDA aCCORD AND WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

bossmanjef
03-28-2008, 10:47 AM
OK I have a 97 Honda Accord EX 2.2 Liter Engine and I am having some problems. My car is having problems starting up. The engine is turning over but just wont start. Although there are times the car will startup the 1st time I try it or the second time. I did recently put some fuel system cleaner in my car but I am not sure if that could be the issue. I have checked the Dist. Cap, spark plugs and wires and all seems fine. I thought I may have some condensation built up in the Dist . Cap so I dumped a gallon of water on it while the car was on and no miss fires. Now when I do get the car started it runs very well. I took it to the Honda dealership they are telling me fuel pump and fuel filter. I am thinking just the filter. (On a side note) some times while I am in stop and go traffic my cars idle is up high and some times low. I hope this is enough info and someone can give me an idea. thanks:banghead: Sorry for posting in the wrong area I just noticed.

3000bolts
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
fuel pump relay is the common answers to all of ur problems.

wwelopez
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
hey man im having the same problem as you had what did u do to fix it can u help me out

hoffergetoffer
05-31-2009, 04:46 PM
i have a 91 accord and we can not get any spark . weve replaced everything, distributor relays ect. our check engine light doesnt come on either. i was told that it could be the ecu unit. we replaced that and now i hear that i need one that is for that car. is this correct and how do i find one. Any suggestions please im ready to push it off a cliff

roann12
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I,m having same problem with 91 Honda not started, will have main relay looked at . Could not get the link from adrenalin26 on the relays. help is there any why I can get the codes on my car? I am a newbee sorry if I asked in the wrong forum. Thank You roann12

leah2255
08-18-2009, 10:52 PM
I have the same problem in my 98 Accord V6 Vtec. Maybe i should check my fuel pump. Thank you guys. Recently i'm thinking about buying a new Accord 2009. haha.

PS: My site: www.ifsneaker.com

Scraped Knuckles
08-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Check out this site for Honda/Acura starting problems. http://techauto.tripod.com/

bobhoward
12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
My 2003 Honda Accord would not start. Starter motor would run, but starter would not engage fly wheel. Installed new starter, and had removed starter checked at auto supply store. Starter ran but bendix would not move, confirming bad starter. Bought another starter and installed. Starter spins and sounds as if bendix gear is not engaging flywheel. Some times it does engage, and engine starts and runs normal. I suspect I have another bad starter. All voltage checks are normal at battery and starter. Any other suggestions on a cause for this type of problem? appreciate any comments

razr_88
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I have an 89' accord LX with the carberated motor. She always starts up, but the idle becomes uncontrollable as it will idle in excess of 2500rpms and occassionally all the way up to 4000rpm. Once the motor warms up however it calms down and idles normally(or normally for my car since it has worn rings). Any ideas before i start throwing parts at it? I was thinking something with the autochoke but it could be egr or whatever i just don't know what to look for first

My 2003 Honda Accord would not start. Starter motor would run, but starter would not engage fly wheel. Installed new starter, and had removed starter checked at auto supply store. Starter ran but bendix would not move, confirming bad starter. Bought another starter and installed. Starter spins and sounds as if bendix gear is not engaging flywheel. Some times it does engage, and engine starts and runs normal. I suspect I have another bad starter. All voltage checks are normal at battery and starter. Any other suggestions on a cause for this type of problem? appreciate any comments

as for you mr. bobhoward... once the starter motor has been engaged the starter bendix senses the armature momentum and is forced to extend into the flywheel, so odds are the bendix is sticking. worst case scenario your flywheel is missing a couple of teeth (probably not) but i'd check anyways really quick if you have the starter off anyways.

SunnySarah
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Today is the first day my 2000 Accord coupe has done this. I ran errands & left it outside for about 20-30 minutes & when I came back, it wouldn't start. It would turn over & my radio would play, but it wouldn't start. After a little time, I was able to start it & rev the engine to keep it running. Then I let off the gas & it died. Again, I waited some more time & did the same thing & it eventually stayed running. I drove around a bit, turned it off & started it again & it worked fine. However, my check engine light never came on so the shop can't run a code on it. They actually won't even look at it now because they said that the problem had to be "consistent." What can I do? This is a major inconvenience.

JeremyEvans24
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
What could poosibly be killing my car battery? One guy told me that I may need to trace the hot wire from battery to alt.? WTF? Also where could I be getting a constant draw from? Thank JE24 out!

ladagosta
08-22-2010, 11:02 PM
99 Accord LX 4 cyl...119,000 miles.. maintained up to this last tune up warranty no longer in effect so will be doing my own maintainance from here in since they will not repair anything for free...
after a tune up at dealership in May this year.. within 100 miles the car would start and die out.. Also after driving a short distance the car would loose power and then resume not completely stalling but with time it began to completely stall out only on short trips.... how does the car know that I only plan to go to the local store and return home?? it won't do this when i plan on a 2 or 3 hour trip??

I know there are known issues with deposits in the valves on this car which mechanics can bore out or you can buy the better injector cleaner stuff like tune up in a bottle (6.00) if you don't want to pay a mechanic to remove the deposits.. (didnt help me yet)

to explain why this is a problem the deposits build up and when you try to start the car the little bit of fuel being sent is absorb by the deposits.. so it takes a couple most likely 3 tries before it will finally start.. as if the car finally got enough gas to start..
sort of like primeing a push mower push the primer ball 3 X's before pulling the cord,.,

My car is symptomatic of this starting and stalling while driving issue.. now the problem is that I have replaced the recall on the ignition switch so that isn't the problem.

i have also replaced the main fuel relay.. so that shouldn't be the problem; although they did not carry an OEM relay so I dealt with buying the generic brand. probably a big mistake cause now I am thinking on getting the OEM and trying that.. or possibly resoldering the old one i removed..the car was fine for 2 weeks and now back to the starting / stalling issue.. the next thing I may replace would be the coil but hard to beleive that it would cause a stalling problem ,,that would limit to the starting issue not both.. so

I am now again leaning towards it being fuel related rather than the electrical issue.. so I would replace the fuel filter .. that is if this car had a fuel filter but it does not... but.,, I know my 01 civic had the fuel pump assembly just bust to pieces inside the tank that just left the car unstartable until replaced,, but bit the dust at the end of a very long trip.. so it may be that the fuel pump assembly is ready to go to pieces as did the civic's..

I am going to research the board for more on this and I will ..(not like some others who never do) return to the board and let you know the final conclusion on this episode.. not that it will be the answer to yours... but who knows for real...this really should not be such a common issue on a car... GOES to PROVE ONE ThING.. THEY DO NOT MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TO... plain and simple and long lasting.. today they are disposable...tisk tisk..:nono:

xfqsdf
08-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Our company specializes in producing starter, solenoid switch.
http://user.qzone.qq.com/544866632/infocenterhttp://user.qzone.qq.com/544866632/infocenter

gakman22
09-01-2011, 10:46 AM
hi all.. my 94 Honda accord lx is having trouble starting in the morning. the car is fine all day but its stubborn in the morning. its the initial start that im concern about. any comments are greatly appropriated!!

akmcul
10-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I have an 88 Honda Accord that i recently replace the fuel pump and main fuel pump relay. i drove it to work and back then my wife drove it the next day to work when she got off it wouldnt start. I had the battery tested and they said it was bad i replaced it and it still wont start it wont even try to turn over at all.

akmcul
10-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I got my accord running and i changed the spark plugs and now it is making a rattling noice i got the spark plugs as far in a i could get them.

Dimension_X
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I had this same issue, and then my engine light came on luckily I have a diagnostic computer and I got about 6 different codes, one being the EGR valve as well as mis-fires across all cylinders. So I replaced the EGR valve and all the plugs, they were terribly corroded. So no its running great, no stall outs, only.....now I get a P0401 code. Ill be making a post about that....but I suggest new plugs and EGR valve.

schwenn001
12-05-2012, 03:39 PM
My 2000 honda accord v6 wont start. It feels like its cranking over just wont go anywhere from there. It has done this to me in the past a couple of times but after letting it sit there for a bit it started back up. The weather hasn't been an issue on the times it wanted to start or not start. I know a oil change is due and
the EGR valve needs to be cleaned/replaced but could those things make my car from not starting? When i put the key in the car and turn it to the II, the Maintenance required light comes on and the light for the key just keeps blinking. Just wanted to see if there might be a simple fix to this before i take it in to a repair shop.

ladagosta
03-26-2013, 02:37 AM
this thread is rather long .. but if no one mentioned an ignition switch being a cause.. this is a known issue with 1995-2000 accords. my mothers 99 accord has had 2 replaced.. symptoms are stutters and stalling at low ranges and braking also poor gas MPG. will most often restart but in time it will eventually not. replacing the ignition switch resolves the issue. just thought i would add this as it resolved her issues without much time and effort to replace the switch..a little tricky to get at but no major ordeal.. if i can do it anyone should be able to do it.. cheaper than having Honda do it for what they will charge and no one we took it to could figure out what the problem was she paid over 400.00 for her service center to go over the car and could not figure out what was causing the problem.. less than 30 minutes to remove and replace and hasn't had a problem since but figure about 50,000 - 75,000 miles and replace as the problem does repeat in time..

Add your comment to this topic!