Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tell My Brother That The Modena Is Better !!

BlowOff
12-21-2001, 08:27 PM
Me and my brother were talking a few days ago, and hes telling me how he wants a sports car...he mentioned the Corvette Z06, the Mercedes Sport (whatever the model name is, im not too familiar with shitty cars) and the new BMW M3....so i says, for the extra money, why not go for a Modena 360!?! i know i know, its 125k, but still, its going to be worth more than all of those cars combined down the line, and that is one of the main reasons he is doing it, besides for a fast car (which is the main purpose), he is rich, and i know he can afford that shit, so tell me guys, how do i pursuade him into getting one!?!?!?

MBTN
12-21-2001, 08:52 PM
First off, the Corvette, Benz, and BMW are not shitty. Second, the 360 is more than 150k. Third, he should get the 360 anyway! :) Oh yeah, and it should be manual and preferably in red or silver.

BlowOff
12-21-2001, 09:17 PM
Hey Gian, Im talking about he mercedes...i hate them....they are competition for ferrari in F1!!!! lol.

MBTN
12-22-2001, 02:22 PM
Whatever. Make sure he buys a 360 Modena, and tell him to swing by my house.;)

para22
12-22-2001, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by MBTN
First off, the Corvette, Benz, and BMW are not shitty. Second, the 360 is more than 150k. Third, he should get the 360 anyway! :) Oh yeah, and it should be manual and preferably in red or silver.

MBs are really shitty went comes to sport cars , i mean they're if not the best they're at least very good fast-crusing cars with nice straight line acceleration and they have very good quality interior with lots of space , but they are to soft to take corners fast , and they're cold. I mean they don't put emotions to your head when you drive them. They're just nice , but they aren't real driver's cars... I'll probably get a lot of stick for that but that's my opinion... anyway i wouldn't mind a benz as a daily commuter , but there's absoultely no fun while driving them and they're only slush (the most powerful models are only slush , i don't talk about those 4 cyl , litle 6 cylinder or weak diesel models , witch are avaliable with man-trans) what is a big problem for me... i don't really like automatics. And my testarossa feels way better to drive , even when i'm driving in town in the biggest traffic. She's a pig at low speeds , parking her is a true horror , the interior is really plain and it has none of this electronics and stuff but i still adore it. Even when i'm driving in slow bumper to bumper traffic i enjoy her very much. She's stiff , loud and uncomfortable. The A/C rarely works , it's broken nearly all the time (maybe just in my car , i don't know if that's common) , the interior isn't very good finished , when it's not warmed up yet the gear-lever doesn't go very smooth. If you had to bee honest you'll say this car is a piece of shit from the 80's , but it costs more than a brand new mercedes c-class , and i spend so much on service every year that i could buy a civic for it. Thanks to the 110 liter gas tank i sometimes can drive more than 300 km , if i really watch my right foot not to go to the floor to much.... but :flipa: , it's still the best car i have ever driven... and the sound of this V12... it's not the fastest car , it's probably slower than an Audi W12 , Alpina B12 6.0 or other sedans , but i really don't care , because it's so much fun to drive it and nothing replaces it (besides other ferrari , lamborghini or a porshce 930 turbo)

/ok enough of bragging about that car ... sorry , but i really love it , and i just had to say it...:D

Anyway the modena just doesn't appear to me... i like the 355 more... the classic ferrari look... but it's personal case... anyway the Z06 is almost three times cheaper than modena , and i doubt it can be faster... but if money isn't issue go for the ferrari , no contest... you can't compare a chevy to a wild horse... hehe :bandit:

striporstreet
12-22-2001, 04:45 PM
Ive spent 22000 on a supra tt and changed it to a single for 7500 after it was all said and done, i hit the rollers at 542hp ,In a looks department the 360 does look better,BUT for speed and reliability go with a toyota
the supra was the best sports car ever produced
11.8@127 ON STREET TIRES
N.J. HIGHWAY 183MPH

Porsche
01-08-2002, 03:56 PM
Supras are definately awesome, but I would say go for the Modena, it's not that you're paying for a whole lot more car, you're buying the name, then you can say, my brother has FERRARI. Besides, you are getting 400 naturally aspirated hp anyways.

JE123
01-08-2002, 04:05 PM
.......chants......FERRARI......FERRARI........FER RARI.........FERRARI.........FERRARI

...thats my opinion

JE123
01-15-2002, 12:27 PM
What kind of car did he get? (hopes it was the Ferrari)

327belair
02-17-2002, 10:19 AM
a few years ago, i think it was '98, road & track did a supercar comparison, and they had a ferrari f355 (yes, i know its not the modena, but the cars are similar in performace) and a corvette indy pace car replica. the vette was right behind the ferrari the whole time, and for 1/3 the price! and now they have the corvette zo6, with 60 hp more than the one they tested. ferrari is just a name

Tom_S8
02-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 327belair
a few years ago, i think it was '98, road & track did a supercar comparison, and they had a ferrari f355 (yes, i know its not the modena, but the cars are similar in performace) and a corvette indy pace car replica. the vette was right behind the ferrari the whole time, and for 1/3 the price! and now they have the corvette zo6, with 60 hp more than the one they tested. ferrari is just a name

Yeah ferrari is just a name. Why buick hasn't got the same name?:confused: It's quite simple , they have a name , because they have building awesome machines since Enzo build the first ones. They have been getting reputation by winning all the races , being the fastest and most advanced sport cars ever , and the best sport cars that you can drive in the streets , the engine sound , the gearbox , the looks , the performance. Of course you can have a corvette faster than a ferrari , but it's not the same. If you have ever driven a ferrari than you understand , if not you can have doubts. But belive me ,i have been driving a couple ferraris and i drive a testarossa really often in the summer...

Neutrino
02-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Buy a ferrari there is no question. If you want to compare technical excellence look at F1 ferrari has the best cars. true the best driver too (Schumacher).They beat mercedes and everybody else.

USA Racer
03-30-2002, 11:00 PM
If you find a GOOD newier 360 for 125k your golden. They are usually over $200k at the dealers.

Tell him to get a Spyder, six-speed stick, Challenge grill, and Tubi mufflers for starters. :)

corvettekid
05-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Don't be fools:mad: ! The corvette z06 will stomp the 360 and the m3 any day on the street or the track. Don't be stupid:flipa:

S Brake
05-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by corvettekid
Don't be fools:mad: ! The corvette z06 will stomp the 360 and the m3 any day on the street or the track. Don't be stupid:flipa: That was a very intelligent response, backed up by a lot of stats and proof. keep up the great posting.

corvettekid
05-09-2002, 12:37 AM
2002 Corvette ZO6

0-60 3.9 seconds
1/4 mile 12.4
skid pad .99 g

360 Modena

0-60 4.3
1/4 mile 12.8
skid pad .95 g

hands down the corvette will win, if it comes near my vette it'll have no chance, neither will any of those rice burning pieces of sh*t (especially junky supras).

corvettekid
05-09-2002, 12:59 AM
I have an 89 corvette with with a 383 stroker set up with Vortech 22psi boost supercharging kit . It has the lingenfelter superram and big mouth manifold with a 65 mm throttle body. It has a mild cam, passes emissions, and the stock aluminum L98 heads ported and polished with a 69 cc combustion chamber and 8.25:1 compression. the exhaust is Borla Cat-back, but it has the factory exhaust manifolds I wanted to go with a little bigger of a cam aftermarket heads and headers.

585 rwbhp
1/4 mile 10.14 sec (street tires)
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made (yes even the f-50)

so suck it ferrari fans!!! :finger:

S Brake
05-09-2002, 04:10 PM
first off, there's no need to be a jackass about it. we all like corvettes too, i probably like them more than most others. how about you post some pics of your car. and how about that new lengenfelter(?) TT vette :eek2:

MBTN
05-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by corvettekid
I have an 89 corvette with with a 383 stroker set up with Vortech 22psi boost supercharging kit . It has the lingenfelter superram and big mouth manifold with a 65 mm throttle body. It has a mild cam, passes emissions, and the stock aluminum L98 heads ported and polished with a 69 cc combustion chamber and 8.25:1 compression. the exhaust is Borla Cat-back, but it has the factory exhaust manifolds I wanted to go with a little bigger of a cam aftermarket heads and headers.

585 rwbhp
1/4 mile 10.14 sec (street tires)
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made (yes even the f-50)

so suck it ferrari fans!!! :finger:

Oh how stupid of us... :rolleyes: We didn't realize Ferraris were built for drag racing... Any fool can put a too fast motor on an ill handling chassis; drag racing. That's why the cars go very fast straight-line. Ferrari is not made primarily for speed. Yes, you read right. SPEED IS NOT OF PRIMARY CONCERN when building a Ferrari. They are and always will be sports/racing cars. Built primarily for handling. Handling is paramont in racing, especially for Ferraris.

Ferrari is an engine on a SUPERIOR handling chassis. Not a stupid-fast motor on an ill-handling chassis.
:o
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made I doubt that a lot... Maybe you meant Ferrari road car.:rolleyes:

corvettekid
05-09-2002, 06:09 PM
i'm just saying this to get a rise out of all of you:rolleyes: worked pretty well i guess... i love the modena too, and i'd definately take it over the z06.... just messing with you guys to see what would happen.
sorry :)

S Brake
05-09-2002, 07:05 PM
its ok, we have just been experiencing a lot of Ferrari hating morons coming in here and saying that "LaMbOrGhInI OwNz FeRrArI" and a bunch of bs like that. that is all find and dandy just back your crap up so we don't flame the hell out of you.
Isn't 22psi of boost kind of a hell of a lot?? i didn't think it was possible with a single supercharger or turbo:bloated:

termite
06-03-2002, 03:42 PM
any of you guys check out the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG by any chance? :flipa: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :flipa:

S Brake
06-03-2002, 04:12 PM
whats with the fingers? does that mean you're cool? there is a guy on the bmwm5.com message boards that has one. he also has a GT2 and a bunch of other cars.

termite
06-04-2002, 06:43 PM
you're probably talking about lonman... i already saw the videos of his sl55 from the gumball3000... pretty neat stuff.

SilverLotus340R
08-07-2002, 08:22 PM
whatd your bro get???? i hope the ferrari or the vette

dont get me wrong I LOVE THE CORVETTE TO DEATH it will always be my favorite..but if i had a choice id get the ferrari .. just because NOT everyone can have them...and if i had the money for a ferrari i sure as hell would have the money in a few years for a newer and better corvette

then my garage would kick ass

S Brake
08-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by termite
you're probably talking about lonman... i already saw the videos of his sl55 from the gumball3000... pretty neat stuff. Whats your M5 name? I stopped going there because gustav was a prick about a thread with my car.

1mic
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Porsche
Supras are definately awesome, but I would say go for the Modena, it's not that you're paying for a whole lot more car, you're buying the name, then you can say, my brother has FERRARI. Besides, you are getting 400 naturally aspirated hp anyways.
and theres also possibility of LAGG with turbos and the problem they cause in the long run :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!