Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

In Love with I G35 18inch Wheels (chrome)

wkjoyce
12-26-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm a 03 Accord owner (be nice) and as the subject says, I am in love with those rims. Where can I get a set? :)

riffster
12-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm a 03 Accord owner (be nice) and as the subject says, I am in love with those rims. Where can I get a set? :)

First, IF you can do this it won't be cheap - count on 2200 or so bucks at the least (unless you find a wrecked G35 coupe with intact rims at your local junkyard!)

The problems are that the front and rear wheels are not the same on the G35 coupe (the only G35 that has 18" OEM wheels.) They are keyed specifically in a set of two for the front and another set of two for the rear. I think this is because the coupe uses a staggered (different wheel sizes on front and rear) wheel/tire setup and Infiniti doesn't want mechanics or drivers mistakenly putting a front wheel on the rear or vice versa - which would be BAD.

Also, can your Honda accept a 5x114.3 (also known as a 5-lug, 4.5-inch) bolt pattern? This is used by the Infiniti OEM 18" wheel.

IF your Accord can handle the above (stagger, keying, bolt pattern) then try AAARIMS.COM for buying the wheels. An Infiniti dealer will probably charge you at LEAST $750 a wheel (maybe with tire, maybe not) plus you will probably have to wait a long time since Infiniti has been in short supply for these wheels.

So, AAARIMS should be cheaper and quicker than the Infiniti dealer. Remember, you buy the front separate from the rears as detailed above. Then take the wheels to a good local tire dealer and have them chrome the wheels (my guess is that it should be about 150 bucks or so apiece.)

Good luck - maybe these cool wheels will fit your Honda after all .... Accord Boy .... doh! Almost made it through the post being nice to you .... :evillol:

- Riff

wkjoyce
12-30-2003, 06:57 AM
I was afraid this was going to be an expensive proposition! :screwy:
I would have to get two pairs of fronts and yes my Accord is 5x.114.3.
Thanks for the information!

riffster
12-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I was afraid this was going to be an expensive proposition! :screwy:
I would have to get two pairs of fronts and yes my Accord is 5x.114.3.
Thanks for the information!

No problem - glad to help an Accord owner upgrade their car. ;)

Just to be safe I would make sure that the 'keying' mechanism that Infiniti uses does not interfere with your putting two pairs of fronts on your Accord - I don't think it will but if I were you I would check with AAARIMS to see if they know.

As to the expense - I agree it's not cheap. But then aftermarket wheels can get extremely expensive. Infiniti has kept the weight on these wheels surprisingly low (which increases costs through alloy use) and they are quite attractive. Infiniti sells a 'Performance Package' for the coupe - you get the 18 OEM's with Michelin Pilot Sports plus a limited-slip plus an upgrade to the interior trim of the coupe -- all of this used to be just $600!!! But you had to buy an automatic coupe to get that deal (the manual coupe comes standard with all that) - plus now I think the cost has gone up to 800 or so - still a steal seeing as the Michelins alone will run more than that for a set on the open market!

- Riff

P.S. If the wheels that AAARIMS carries are actually OEM they will have the Infiniti 'Mt. Fuji' emblem in the center - if so, either you can cover them up somehow or you can have a unique Infiniti Accord! :D

Add your comment to this topic!