Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil Consumption Log

slowflite
12-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I had a problem at my initial 3000 mile servicing - the car was down 5.5 quarts of oil! Brought it back exactly 1,000 miles later for an oil consumption test performed by the dealer. They wouldn't tell me the results of the oil consumption test but the service department told me that Infiniti had already agreed to install a "short block" engine! Anyone else experiencing excessive oil loss with 6 speed?

g35coupe/6
04-15-2004, 11:35 PM
I had a problem at my initial 3000 mile servicing - the car was down 5.5 quarts of oil! Brought it back exactly 1,000 miles later for an oil consumption test performed by the dealer. They wouldn't tell me the results of the oil consumption test but the service department told me that Infiniti had already agreed to install a "short block" engine! Anyone else experiencing excessive oil loss with 6 speed?

I have an oil consumption problem as well with the G35 coupe/6-speed. The dealer has confirmed that it uses about 1.5 quarts/2000 miles. They haven't told me what they are going to do about it yet.

himike
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I have an oil consumption problem as well with the G35 coupe/6-speed. The dealer has confirmed that it uses about 1.5 quarts/2000 miles. They haven't told me what they are going to do about it yet.

i've just been noticing that my car is having the same issues..)*(&@#(&*!!! its going to the dealer next tuesday....

pullio
11-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Looks like there is a known issue regarding the 6sp coupe consuming oil. Mine is doing it too. It's Been in the shop 5 time and out of svc. for 21 days(just over 7k on the car, oil pressure light came on at 3.5k). They just keep throwing parts at it and aren't very forthcoming. So screw em, I got a lemon law attorney and have sent a demand letter to buy it back. Had they replaced the engine like they said they were going to do, it probably would have been fixed. But Nooo, they have to dick around and make me keep coming back for their silly little, well lets try this and lets try that approach. Well now its too late. The lawyer said go ahead and continue with the tests, but NO MORE REPAIR ATTEMPTS(they had their chance and they blew it!)

pullio
11-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh forgot to mention, the threshold in California for an automatic lemon is 1 qt of oil or more within 800 miles, so when they tell you come back in a thousand or 500, there is probably a reason for that. I will be taking it back at 800 mile intervals from now on.

Add your comment to this topic!