Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Primera Central Locking/Rear Demister

CAMPIONS
12-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

my Dad has a 1997 Primera 1.6. Two recent problems have cropped up.

Firstly, the central locking has stopped working. It does not work using the key fob, does not work using the key in the drivers door and does not work when using the internal lock on the drivers door. Each door has to be opened individually. Garages are essentially refusing to look at it as they feel it'll take too much trouble.

Secondly, the rear demister has stopped working. Fuses are ok, but the light doesn't come on on the switch. Again the local garages are not too enthusiastic at looking at the problem.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Cheers.

gmcgrillan
03-05-2004, 02:54 AM
I also have a similar problem with my 1995 primera rear demister. I don't have the issue with the central locking though. I soke to a guy at nissan who said that there is a unit under the steering column that provides for both the central locking and the rear demister in one unit. To repalce this would be about £300 for the part alone!! I have no dea how much it would cost to get someone to do the work. BUT I spoke to my local scrap merchan - HE said that one of the guys who works there had a simialr problem. They apparently ripped a car apart to try to find this unit but were unsucessful - they even had schematics from Nissan!! So I am putting out messaeges on forums to see what comes back.

Did you get any response from anyone on this issue. apparently it is quite common on primeras.

Let me know if you have any success.

CAMPIONS
03-15-2004, 08:25 AM
I've not had any response from anyone but you in relation to the problem. Its pretty strange I must say as there is no sound from the central locking motors - nothing at all.

gmcgrillan
03-22-2004, 03:28 AM
I am still pursueing an answer to our queries - I have had nothing come back either regarding this issue - But i will be checking with another nissan garage some time later this week. I will post any onformation as I get it!

Many thanks for the reply though!

Add your comment to this topic!