Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G35 Cold Start Problem

Outback
12-21-2003, 02:25 PM
I have had some problems with cold starts it doesn't depend on the weather conditions it just happens intermittently. The engine will turn over 10 to 20 times before it fires. The dealership can't find a problem with it. Has anyone else had this problem.

riffster
12-30-2003, 02:38 PM
I have had some problems with cold starts it doesn't depend on the weather conditions it just happens intermittently. The engine will turn over 10 to 20 times before it fires. The dealership can't find a problem with it. Has anyone else had this problem.

Do you have a sedan or a coupe? If you have a sedan it could be due to malfunctioning crank or engine sensors that caused Nissan/Infiniti to issue a big recall last month. That malfunction can (in rare cases) cause exactly what you describe - engine starting problems and sometimes even loss of power while driving.

Your dealer should have a list of TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) issued for the G35 twins - a fair amount of sedans (20K or so I think) have the faulty sensors, only 18 coupes had that problem so it's doubtful that your problem is the sensor TSB issue if you have a coupe (either that or you should enter the lottery right now! ;) )

Again, check with your dealer to see if your cold start problem is due to the TSB for faulty engine sensors.

Good luck.

- Riff

Add your comment to this topic!