Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dealer Issue -- Need Advice

zimaad
12-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey all,

I just bought a Vibe about 3 weeks ago. I really like the car thus far. This past Monday I received a phone call from the sales manager saying something must have "slipped his mind" and that he forgot to mention prior to my buying the car that they had to repair a rear quarter panel because it had been backed into on the lot. But this great guy then proceeded to say he'd compensate us with a free oil change...what a guy! I'm not sure how to deal with this situation. Since then, I have gone in and expressed my concerns that we were not sold a new car, even though it only had 8 miles on it, because it was not in factory condition. The guy said he'd look around for another of the same car. Then he called my g/f (who bought the car with me) while I'm outa town and tries to get her to go in and cut a deal.....what a sleezeball!! Basically, I"m worried about paint discoloration in the future and the fact that I feel I was mislead to buying this car at regular price when it should have been discounted due to the issue. Anyways... any suggestions out there?

GMMerlin
12-14-2003, 07:45 AM
The dealer must disclose all information at time of purchase...call a lawyer!

nick0750
07-17-2004, 12:02 PM
i agree with merlin call a lawyer..

timex129
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I say call the lawer aswell. Reson being that the Discloser Act is the law. The Deal must disclose all information before the sale is final. He was just trying to get a quick sale, then mention it later. It's been proven the car salesmen are the most dishonest on the job.

woody6725
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
well, if you had it 3 weeks and never noticed anything they must have fixed it right. he didn't have to tell you anything. could have left you in the dark and you likely would never have known.

jamesmetairie
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
unseen damage= sometimes nowadays car that take a hit in the rear bumper only show very little damage. but in fact the little shock device under the bumper is ruined. it,s only good for one hit. in the future you could be in an accident and be more suspectible to injury because of the lack of that device.

7T9Shark
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
ZIMAAD,

I can't see the amount of damage your Vibe incurred from here, but if it was only a cosmetic thing with no underlying body stress, I'd say lighten up.

The quality of work that body shops can do these days makes it impossible to detect repairs. (I know, my wife dented our tailgate.) If you have ever toured an assembly plant, they sometimes damage body work during assembly. When that happens they push them off to a refinishing booth, where they get repaired before shipment. Should that be disclosed to a prospective buyer? When I sell our Vibe, do I tell a buyer that I had a dent repaired back in '05?

I don't disagree that car sales types can be sleazy, but he did fess up. He also was willing to replace the car.

Tell the dealer you want a specific 5 year warranty on the fix for discoloration, peeling, etc. and call it good.

Those folks who are looking for blood aren't doing you any favors. We've become a culture of "Sue 'em first and ask questions later". :2cents:

Hope you get the satisfaction you seek.

hot_sd
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Since it is almost 4 years since the original post one would hope that it has been resolved by now :grinyes: .

The Vibe section is not exactly full of new posts on AF.

rodeo02
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Since it is almost 4 years since the original post one would hope that it has been resolved by now :grinyes: ..

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. Talk about dusting off an old post!

Joel

Add your comment to this topic!