Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

9000 cs

arlosux
12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
I own a 1995 9000 cs, when the car is in car the transmission feels loose to the touch. The car drives fine but I can move the stick around while it's in gear. does anyone know if there is anything I can do about it?

arlosux
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
sorry, I meant to say, "when the car is in gear".

trendar
12-15-2003, 12:39 AM
I own a 1995 9000 cs, when the car is in car the transmission feels loose to the touch. The car drives fine but I can move the stick around while it's in gear. does anyone know if there is anything I can do about it?

If it's a manual transmission, it would be the shift linkages being worn- either from lots of driving or maybe having suffered from overly ham fisted shifting- I have the same issue with my BMW 325is, but haven't bothered doing anything with it because it still shifts fine even though it's sloppy.

Should be able to replace the linkages to restore a more precise feel-

saab9kturbo
02-01-2004, 10:23 PM

If you have a hard time finding a shift pattern/gates than it almost certainly is the rubber shift bushing. Its a super easy replacement item and wont cost you much, i replaced mine last summer. What you speak of seems almost exactly like a worn shift bushing (coupler).

Add your comment to this topic!