Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 L-Dawg

Accordability
12-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll looooooooooooo Caddy lovers,
i just was blessed with the opportunity to become the winning bidders on a '92 Eldorado with 110,000 miles on 4.9l motor. untill now i've pretty much been a rice burner(riced-up honda's mostly) and with my new found maturity(plus the fact that travel on the highway often, about 6,000 mi/month) i have a need for additional leg room(and any other room available) i was opting for a de'ville. that's when i happened upon a auction for the L-Dawg.

so now that the sale is 90% completed, i decided to come to the pros. though i enjoy the comfort of the caddy i still have a need for additional hp & proformance gains. that's leads to my question, what are the first recommended steps to "sensable"(meaning not to break the bank) upgrades for the 4.9 motor? also, where can i find what i need?

thank you in advance,
dave

tateos
02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
My best suggestion is to find a used Northstar engine, and put it in your car in place of that 4.9L engine. The 4.9L has pretty good low end torque, and will get you off the line pretty good, but then it's all over. Save the money you would spend for some minimal performance gains on the 4.9L and buy the Northstar for 270-300HP (depending on year or model). By the way, the lower HP rated Northstar engines are almost as pleasing as those found in Touring coupes. Trust me, I've had them both, and there isn't really much difference

luxuriouslyloudz
02-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Man....congrats on getting the Eldo.
I've always loved the bodylines of this final generation(92-02) and have had the uber-wet dream for it.
To find a wrecked SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am, rip the T56 6-speed and entire rear wheel drivetrain from it.....then order up an LS6 out of the GMPP Catalog, throw on Lingenfelter's Twin Turbo/twin intercooler kit on it....and go hunting for...well,anything :)

Have fun, but its my honest opinion that the Eldorado got screwed.....XLR my @$$

Add your comment to this topic!