Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sticker Complex

G20Rob3
12-15-2001, 09:05 AM
I'm just curious to know if anyone else out there shares the same pet peeve as me...

You see, it ticks me off (while amusing me at the same time) to see Chevy's driving around with Neuspeed stickers across their winshields or Honda's with Mazdaspeed stickers--I've seen it, etc...! To me, that's like seeing a G20 with a CB antenna, Taz mud flaps, and some Mickey Thompson offroad tires...

Now I respect people who are trying to beef up their car's look (everyone has a different take on what looks good and what doesn't--we all started somewhere), but people should at least have an idea of what they're promoting.

Last time I checked, a Neuspeed sticker on any GM car added about a 7-10whp increase. And, when coupled with any brand of seatbelt pad (especially "powered by mugen"), you are sure to beat a turbo'd Civic off the line any day of the week.

G-Forces
12-15-2001, 09:13 AM
So I guess this would piss you off then? :D

I'll bet he's got a 350hp AWD Solara to back that badge up. :rolleyes:

I took this last week at a local strip mall.

G20Rob3
12-15-2001, 05:29 PM
Arrrggghhh...j/k, that's very interesting...
Kind of off the subject, but I remember when I wanted some nice comfy seatbelt pads. I didn't want those $12 velcro ones, I wanted a plush zippered pad. So, I called NOPI (you know, 'number one parts', mod central, sponsers of the NOPI nationals) to buy some. I told the guy what I was looking for, and he tried to sell me SCHROTH pads (Volkswagen stuff!!!!). He said they would look great on my Infiniti?????!!!??? I think it's just a conspiracy to drive me mad...

AznVirus
12-15-2001, 06:14 PM
ever seen a TRD sticker on a Honda CRX? i have :finger:

kris
12-15-2001, 07:07 PM
Maybe some people are misinformed about certain brands. Do you honestly think that Toyota driver knows what a GTR really is? Probably not. He/she probably likes the sound/looks of it. While yes, there will always be the exception to this. But I think maybe before we all jump to the conclusion that these people are idiots, maybe it would be nice to educate them? :rolleyes:

G-Forces
12-15-2001, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by kbslacker
Maybe some people are misinformed about certain brands. Do you honestly think that Toyota driver knows what a GTR really is? Probably not. He/she probably likes the sound/looks of it. While yes, there will always be the exception to this. But I think maybe before we all jump to the conclusion that these people are idiots, maybe it would be nice to educate them? :rolleyes:
Nope! Idiots! :D If he can't take the time to research what he's putting on his car, then...

G20Rob3
12-15-2001, 09:20 PM
I agree. If someone is going to put something on his/her car. They should at least know "what" they're putting on. I also agree that there are MANY misinformed/uneducated people running around out there...

Oh well, I've got to get back to installing my 'Tornado' air intake that I just bought off of this great infomercial. It's gonna increase my hp by like 20%!!!:D

SkylinesKillAll
12-16-2001, 01:00 AM
this kid i know has a huge "powered my mitsubishi" sticker on the back window of his dodge shadow. dumbass :rolleyes:

kris
12-16-2001, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by SkylinesKillAll
this kid i know has a huge "powered my mitsubishi" sticker on the back window of his dodge shadow. dumbass :rolleyes:

Don't they have Mitsubishi motors? :confused:

G-Forces
12-16-2001, 07:02 AM

I think so.

zykotik
12-16-2001, 10:28 AM
Guess the dodge guy ain't a dumbass then eh?

Funny story about Mitsi.

I was on the highway near Montreal one day and going like 140 km/h (Usual Quebec driving speed on a highway) When I passed a dodge colt with H U G E mitsi stickers on it. The guy came and sat up on my bumper and I laughed and told my girl " Look the little guy wants to play " and continued to laugh. I accelerated a little more say to 180 or so and the colt passed me and smoked me on the right hand lane.

Feeling stupid and confused I was later greatly comforted to meet the guy at an import show and find out his colt has a turbo eclipse engine in it. Phew! He made me fell like I was driving a tractor ;)

Yahnozha
12-16-2001, 12:32 PM
They sure do...

Question??? so what do all the "educated" non-nissan owners think when they see a GTR badge on the G20 or any other modded Nissan that is not an R34??? Figure Id add more fuel to the fire for this one.... :D

P@
www.customsteel.com

Oh yeah, on the getting smoked story, theres this Dodge Neon with a Honda V-Tec 6 cylinder in it, spanking everyone in town, I cant wait till I can smoke it...till then saving for the turbo...hahah

G-Forces
12-16-2001, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Yahnozha
Question??? so what do all the "educated" non-nissan owners think when they see a GTR badge on the G20 or any other modded Nissan that is not an R34??? Figure Id add more fuel to the fire for this one.... :D

Oh it could be on a R32 or R33 no problemo. However putting it on a non-GTR nissan car is only slightly better than putting on a totally unrelated car. :rolleyes:

G20Rob3
12-16-2001, 04:55 PM
Hey, the other day on the highway, I was passed by a white Dodge Neon with a red honda badge. I laughed to myself as I explained to my wife about it. Maybe there is this underground Neon/Honda hybrid movement sweeping the nation???

Jay!
12-16-2001, 04:56 PM
I could point you towards a Dodge Neon with NSX seats... :right:

FlossinPrimera
12-16-2001, 09:21 PM
Well, to help extingush said fire, I have a GT-R badge on my G20, all of my emblems have been changed to Nissan though. GT-R is three little letters and I think that we've all forgotten what those mean, Grand Touring - Race. I'm not saying that my car is a Skyline I'm just saying that it is a Grand Tourer, and I do race it from time to time. I'm not saying that you can put an Integra Type-R motor in your GSR and say its a real type-R, there are many more differences than the engine. I'm want to make my car into an image of what a Primera GT-R would be if there was such a thing, its no different than buying a Saleen or Roush Mustang, it is what it is.

howard_w13
12-17-2001, 10:10 AM
I once saw a pic of Ford Taurus with the BMW emblem on its trunk. (I'd love to meet the brains behind that idea.):rolleyes:

:coolguy: :coolguy:

Mrcoilover
12-17-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by G-Forces
So I guess this would piss you off then? :D

I'll bet he's got a 350hp AWD Solara to back that badge up. :rolleyes:

I took this last week at a local strip mall.

That is redicoulous. He probably has no mods.

Mrcoilover
12-17-2001, 04:17 PM
I've seen a Ford Expedition with a Mercedes emblem on the front. I said WTF. It did have the frog eyes though and the front end did look like a Mercedes. But why add the emblem?

Food For Thought...

speediva
12-17-2001, 10:36 PM
All I have to say on the topic is that stupid people never cease to amaze me!

I have seen quite a number of very comedic displays on vehicles, but specific examples evade my mind...

howard_w13
12-18-2001, 09:35 AM

I agree that they are some people who don't know what they're putting on their car. And after all it is their car so they can do whatever they like. That's cool with me. But putting a BMW or Mercedes emblem on a Ford or a GT-R emblem on a Toyota makes people turn their heads and then scratch it wondering why anyone would do something so weird, as if the owner is saying,"I can't afford to drive a BMW or Benz so I thought I'd slap the emblem on my car so I can feel like I do!" :confused: :rolleyes: :lol2:

:coolguy: :coolguy:

nis.k.a.
12-18-2001, 11:41 AM
The way I see it is; if you want to put it on your car, fine. You do it to please yourself but don't expect everyone to like it. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead putting badges on my car that belonged to some other level of Nissan or any brand for that matter. Primera conversion... I love'em. All that other Mickey mouse rice shit.....:apuke: But hey, if you have the speed to back it up, more power to ya. Just know that I'll still be laughing in second place.

Mrcoilover
12-18-2001, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by nis.k.a.
But hey, if you have the speed to back it up, more power to ya. Just know that I'll still be laughing in second place.
That was funny.:hehe:

Originally posted by nis.k.a. Primera conversion... I love'em.
I'm with that. :hehe:

AznVirus
12-18-2001, 02:03 PM
Primera conversion... I love'em.

ya, a lot of people forget, the Primera is a RHD car :p

TRBOBRK
12-18-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by AznVirus
:huh: Wasn't the Primera sold in Europe?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought only Japan, New Zealand, Australia, and UK drive on the wrong side of the road.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=41605

Mrcoilover
12-18-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by TRBOBRK

:huh: Wasn't the Primera sold in Europe?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought only Japan, New Zealand, Australia, and UK drive on the wrong side of the road.

And your point being...

Is that a Nissan emblem on your steering wheel, can't really tell?

nis.k.a.
12-18-2001, 07:20 PM
Maybe you guys can help me with this scenario I've been thinking about. If you own a G20 and want to make it into a Primera, which side of the trunk do you put it on? JDM location is on the US drivers side. But the seeming rule for badge name would be on the passenger side U.S. or JDM. Having said that, do you put it on the right side because the badge is supposed to be on the passenger side, or the left because that's the JDM location? Yeah, I have to much time on my hands.

speediva
12-18-2001, 10:37 PM
Maybe you guys can help me with this scenario I've been thinking about. If you own a G20 and want to make it into a Primera, which side of the trunk do you put it on? JDM location is on the US drivers side. But the seeming rule for badge name would be on the passenger side U.S. or JDM. Having said that, do you put it on the right side because the badge is supposed to be on the passenger side, or the left because that's the JDM location? Yeah, I have to much time on my hands.

The answer is; yes, you have too much time on your hands! j/k

I'm not even going to think about it. It's winter break, and my brain is as good as mush!

nis.k.a.
12-18-2001, 11:50 PM
It's winter break
I heard that, 11 days paid vacation, YEAH! Starts 6:30 Friday night.

TRBOBRK
12-19-2001, 06:19 PM

I heard that, 11 days paid vacation, YEAH! Starts 6:30 Friday night.
I am on vacation day 14 out of 27.

TRBOBRK
12-19-2001, 06:20 PM
If you own a G20 and want to make it into a Primera, which side of the trunk do you put it on?
Left side is where my badge is going.

TRBOBRK
12-19-2001, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mrcoilover
And your point being...
AznVirus was wrong
The Primera is not only RHD, they make both left and right.
Is that a Nissan emblem on your steering wheel, can't really tell?
Not my steering wheel. It is a picture of a left hand drive Nissan Primera that is from Norway I think.

It isn't wrong or ricey to put the correct style Primera emblems on a G20. Putting a p11 emblem on a p10 is another story.

atomic-G
12-19-2001, 08:56 PM
What's a good product to take off emblems? I am using "GOO GONE" and it took me about 2 hrs to take off the "G20t" :).

Yahnozha
12-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by atomicfrog
What's a good product to take off emblems? I am using "GOO GONE"
Back in the day, WD-40 worked wonders for adhesive removal, but that has been quite a while...or you could just use paint thinner....j/k

nis.k.a.
12-19-2001, 11:53 PM
10 min. max.......heat gun, credit card, and watered down lacquer thinner. And no, as long as it's not industrial strength, it won't do anything to your paint. Just don't repeat heavily. With the thinner, just apply lightly and work the adhesive off (it will come off easily). When emblem is off, wax. VOILA......I used to do this all the time detailing at the Hummer dealership.

TeamNissan
12-20-2001, 05:34 AM

My looks like this! :)

TeamNissan
12-20-2001, 05:36 AM
I have stripped it for all information, so nobody knows what they are racing against!! :) Like it when cars are discreet! And then are able to KICK ASS! :devil:

RCer
12-20-2001, 08:21 AM

Not all primeras are RHD. Mine is LHD.

Mrcoilover
12-20-2001, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by TRBOBRK
It isn't wrong or ricey to put the correct style Primera emblems on a G20. Putting a p11 emblem on a p10 is another story.

Why is this? They are the same car.

Mrcoilover
12-20-2001, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by TeamNissan
I have stripped it for all information, so nobody knows what they are racing against!! :) Like it when cars are discreet! And then are able to KICK ASS! :devil:

I think your Nissan emblem is a little slanted. I'm not hating.

TeamNissan
12-20-2001, 08:59 AM
hi hi hi you are absolutely right, and it is KILLING me. Not that I see it very often, but knowing everybody else sees it when I smoke'em!!*LOL*

No it is NISSAN which by mistake took it of when I asked them to take the engine type off. And then when they put it back on they didn't get it all-horizontal!!

But I'm going to adjust it myself! :)

TRBOBRK
12-20-2001, 03:44 PM
Why is this? They are the same car.
Because it is like saying the car is new when it isn't.

frogg
12-20-2001, 04:40 PM
this is what mine looks like on the left side:

http://www.pclv.com/deeter/img/g01.jpg

nis.k.a.
12-20-2001, 05:41 PM
P10's are block letters all caps, P11 are Italic lower case

atomic-G
12-20-2001, 06:48 PM
What type of WAX should I use?

My emblems are off .. but if you look closely there's a slight shadow/outline ..would that be normal?

nis.k.a.
12-20-2001, 07:27 PM
The wax should take care of this. You might want to get Meguiars cleaner wax first. Might as well do the whole car, it's up to you. The cleaner wax is good for removing stuff like that. USUALLY a wax with carnuba will take the outline out. I trust Meguiars only; it's a very good product. It's a lot better than the crap they give you in the detailing garages. If you're going to use the cleaner wax, you'll want to wax with mirror finish wax after that. Do not use cleaner wax only. Also, depending on the color of your car (darker colors), if you use the cleaner wax in just that one spot and finish wax over that; you'll be able to tell the difference in that certain part of the trunk.

atomic-G
12-20-2001, 09:23 PM
I have a red G .

I think I will wax it come Spring time. I figure I'll do the whole car with the wax, because the previous owner of my G left the car in the sun during summer to bake and the color isn't at it's best level.

I will take into consideration those products you have mentioned nis.. and thanks for the info.

I might even give the wax a shot this week on the emblem area and try to get a digicam to show a progress report :).

nis.k.a.
12-20-2001, 09:55 PM
If you have sun oxidation; you should definitely use cleaner wax in the spring time. Use this and follow with "Mirror Gloss". This should make your G look better than new.To make it easier on yourself, use microfiber clothes when removing hazed wax; it works wonders.

drockg20
12-23-2001, 02:25 PM
I guess you guys have a problem with my stickers. ALso Primera emblems goes on left hand side and model on right hand side. ALso primera come in Left and right hand driver.

drockg20
12-23-2001, 02:31 PM
p

drockg20
12-23-2001, 02:33 PM
pic

drockg20
12-23-2001, 02:39 PM
I am getting rid of wing also i have white team dynamic monza's now. Also a few more graphics.

drockg20
12-23-2001, 02:41 PM
pic of emblem om my car

Mrcoilover
12-24-2001, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by drockg20
pic of emblem om my car

If you have those mods that are presented on your car, then I have no problem. Looks fast.

Add your comment to this topic!