Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Resonator Removal(Lanos)

alphalanos
11-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey to most Daewoo owners (specifically Lanos) if you havent already removed your Resonator and you want a little more sound out of your engine then you should definetly consider doing it. its very easy and good for your car.

PhxLanos
02-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Does it improve performance any?

alphalanos
02-08-2004, 06:56 PM
yes, it allows cooler air to come into your engine. it reduces the distance that the air has to travel to reach the throttle body. if you need instructions, i can give them to you.

The Grecian
03-24-2004, 06:06 PM
yes, it allows cooler air to come into your engine. it reduces the distance that the air has to travel to reach the throttle body. if you need instructions, i can give them to you.

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum. The Resonator removal sounds interesting. Could you send me the instructions? Thank you in advance.

alphalanos
03-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Sure.

Resonator Removal
1. Set the parking brake. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. Loosen the lugs on the RF wheel.
2. Jack up the car at the right front tire.
3. Mark where the wheel is in relation to the hub.(this will ensure you put the wheel back on correctly so that it remains balanced.)
4. Remove the wheel.
5. Locate the small black screws holding the black plastic wheel well guard in place. there are a few on the inside of the wheel wheel just inside the fender itself. there are a few more on the underside of the car. remove all of them.
6. pull the plastic guard back as much as you can.
7. you will see the resonator. it is a large plastic box. it is bolted in place with two or three brackets. if you can, unscrew all the bolts holding it in. otherwise, do what I did and just tug on the resonator until it comes out. use caution and take your time to asses what you actually need to do here. you basically have to make you own choice here, as getting to the brackets is very difficult.
8. remove the resonator and the Y shaped pipe that connects it to the airbox. there is another intake tube that is attatched to the fender that you may want to remove.
Thats it. If you do not understand my instructions, go here: http://www.iput.gq.nu/howtores.htm[/url]

Add your comment to this topic!