Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need experts help with this system!!!!

likitea
11-24-2003, 02:11 PM
i am planning on buying a box that comes with 2 12" audiobahn subs, and i was looking at getting a 2 channel audiobahn amp, here are the specs of eacd, will the amp be able to power the two subs?
This Auction is for 2 AW1251t Subs in a Sealed Box

Model AW1251t 12" Subwoofers
Box Handles 800 Watts RMS!!!
400 Watts RMS Each Subwoofer
4 Oz Magnets
Charoal Gray Carpeting
Non-Pressed, Non Transfer Paper Cone with KM3 Coating for No Disortion!!!
Dmensions: 31.5"L x 14"H x 9.5"T/15"B
Built of High Quality 5/8" Particle Board Construction
Dual 4 Ohm VC Subs
Have Chrome Flame Basket

AND THE AMP
Features:
300 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms stereo
420 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms stereo
840 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms mono
Volt Meter With Blue Illumination
Dimensions: 2"(H) x 12.75"(W) x 18"(D)

Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry, PWM MOSFET Power Supply, Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board, THD: 0.02%, S/N Ratio: >100dB, Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40KHz (+/- 1dB), Variable 18dB Hi-pass Crossover: 90Hz - 750Hz, Variable 18dB Low-pass Crossover: 30Hz To 120Hz, Bass boost @ 45Hz: 0/18dB, Subsonic Filter: 20Hz to 50Hz, RCA Throughput Connections, 3-way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit and Overload; Cooling Fan, Cobalt Blue Illumination, High gloss Chrome Plated Finish, Nickel Plated Block Terminals

NEED EXPERTS HELP!!!!!!!

sr20de4evr
11-24-2003, 04:36 PM
yeah the amp will power them nicely, but before you jump in you might want to do a little research. Audiobahn isn't exactly the best sub manufacturer out there. There are a few loyal followers who will probably disagree, but in general their subs get loud and that's about it. There are other subs out there for the same amount that will sound much better, though they probably won't be as loud.

loismustdie
11-27-2003, 11:06 AM
stay away from audiobahn, in my opinion, they've been nothing but trouble from me. adn there are better pre-loaded boxes on the market, way better. and if what your talking about is a bandpass box, stay away from bandpass boxes, they are designed ofr one area of tone, i would reccomend a ported box for almost any sub.

Haibane
11-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Audiobahn makes some good subs for the average audiophile. Not too clean, but not too bad sounding. Their customer support is awesome and almost always within the day or next day on email tech problems. Many people don't like audiobahn, but I don't have to much of a problem with them. They are a good starter set of subs. I don't like bandpass at all, I agree with lois on that

droptop94
04-10-2004, 12:28 AM
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/home/
http://www.jlaudio.com/

Bdubedub
05-23-2004, 10:32 PM
I disagree, I have the exact setup he would purchase, with a MTX 421D amp and it sounds great!! I bought mine from ebay as well. Make sure you buy a 1.5-2 farad capacitor

aznxthuggie
05-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I disagree, I have the exact setup he would purchase, with a MTX 421D amp and it sounds great!! I bought mine from ebay as well. Make sure you buy a 1.5-2 farad capacitor

wait so u have a 421d amp and a 1.5 or 2.0 farad capacitor?? why in the hell do you need that, also even though hes going to run almost 900 watts, you dont need a capacitor, they barely help, just find the "big 3" or the "magic 3" ground cables and get a new battery or alternator, a capacitor is only a temporary solution

i ran 700rms, and i regrounded the big 3 and it stopped most of the dimming

droptop94
06-14-2004, 09:40 PM
you'r altinator will last longer if you use a cap.

AZFlyingDiver
06-14-2004, 09:51 PM
uh, not really...
capacitors condition the voltage coming from the alternator and provide juice during momentary peak demands from the amp... if you're way overdrawing your amp, a cap won't help (only an alternator upgrade will help)...
and aznxthuggie is right - a 1.5 or 2.0 farad cap for that system is overkill...
oh, and getting a cap with a digital readout doesn't help either - lol...

Haibane
06-14-2004, 10:09 PM
you'r altinator will last longer if you use a cap.

This one should go in the list of stupid stuff you will regret saying when you actually get into audio. I was just reading a thread on stupid stuff really intelligent people at one time said. I am sorry to say it, but you are wrong buddy.

For those of you who think audiobahn sounds good, what else have you heard?

Add your comment to this topic!