Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removal of vacuum pressure regulator valve

NE7X
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
My 1994 G20 fuel injector #4 is open and needs to be replaced. I don't want to remove the entire injector fuel tube assembly from the intake manifold, this would require a considerable amount of extra work. I have already successfully replaced fuel injectors 1, 2 and 3 by coming in at 90 degs between the engine block and intake manifold using needle-nose vise grips. I'm able to remove the two Phillips screws holding down injectors 1, 2 & 3 without issue. However I can not get to one of the two Phillips screws holding down fuel injector #4 because its behind the vacuum pressure regulator valve. So my next step is to remove the vacuum pressure regulator valve.

There are two screws holding the pressure value to the fuel tube assembly. However once I remove these two screws, the vacuum pressure regulator comes loose from the fuel tube assembly, however will not separate. There seams to be some sort of "tongue" coming from the bottom of the pressure regulator valve to the inside of the fuel tube assembly. This tongue is preventing separation.

Any know what the trick is to removed the vacuum pressure regulator valve from the fuel tube assembly?

Thanks, Tom...
Scottsdale Arizona USA
email: g20@ne7x.com

Add your comment to this topic!