Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air condioner problem.

bigtuna
10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
The air on my 2001 LC stops blowing cold air. The fans still work but it seems that the compressor stops fuctioning and the cabin fills with the aroma of humidity. The AC will start blowing cold air again if I shut the AC off and turn it back on. This has happened at least 10 times in four (hot) months. I had it to the dealer 3 times but they can find nothing. They did experience the problem but failed to identify or fix it. They did replace the dash mounted temperature sensor but that did nothing. Any ideas on what it may be?

Deckpilot
12-06-2003, 08:12 AM
I'm not sure why the dealer wouldn't catch this, unless it is intermittent, but perhaps there is some problem with the compressor clutch operation. It's independent of the fan. That sounds like the direction they were going with the temp sensor. Perhaps turning it off and then on resets the whole system and the clutch begins in the engaged position, then after initial release, fails to engage again.

moeljo
02-07-2012, 03:19 AM
replace the a/c relay.

Brian R.
02-07-2012, 06:48 AM
I think it's been fixed 9 years ago...

jojnydeep196
01-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Had this problem on my Car. Changed the relay and now the a/c works like a champ! Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!