Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Faster Blinker

jwisniew
09-21-2003, 07:53 PM
My friends and I bought this old van and want to pimp it out a bit, does anyone know how to make the turn signals or hazards faster? any help appreciated

TheScientist
09-21-2003, 09:04 PM
A possibility might be is to get lower voltage lights, reason is because when ever the lights on a blinker go faster, is when the lights are out.

HiFlow5 0
09-28-2003, 09:08 PM
The blinker speed is controlled by the blinker relay under the dash. Could be your old relay is on its way out, or is just old. Try replacing it with a new one or a different style one.

anarkist61
02-15-2004, 01:50 PM
i totally agree with the relay post. That's what it is. If a replacement don't work try different styles. Cheap fix. :)

TheScientist
02-15-2004, 11:35 PM
The blinker speed is controlled by the blinker relay under the dash. Could be your old relay is on its way out, or is just old. Try replacing it with a new one or a different style one.

Quote by anarkist61: i totally agree with the relay post. That's what it is. If a replacement don't work try different styles. Cheap fix.

I do believe he wants to modify his van, and intantionally make his blinkers faster. I don't think it's an unintentional problem. It's a common mistake most poeters do, they don't read the original post correctly :lol: .

I'm just jokin with you guys

anarkist61
02-16-2004, 06:08 AM
Quote by anarkist61: i totally agree with the relay post. That's what it is. If a replacement don't work try different styles. Cheap fix.

I do believe he wants to modify his van, and intantionally make his blinkers faster. I don't think it's an unintentional problem. It's a common mistake most poeters do, they don't read the original post correctly :lol: .

I'm just jokin with you guys

I kinda wondered about that but he's not real specific about it. Either way it's play with various relays or as you suggested bulbs or a combination of the two. :icon16:

gls1000
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Try looking for a flasher out of an old Japaneese car,
I'm talking '70s here.
I think some of them had some sort of an adjusting screw that MIGHT vary the flash Rate.

MagicRat
05-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Holy ancient threads, Batman!!

Add your comment to this topic!