Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Over 800 horses?

McLaren F1 Guy
09-06-2003, 02:12 PM
I read somewhere that TVR was testing one of the two Speed Twelve's in existance (thats just Speed Twelve, not cerbera speed twelve) on the chassis dyno that was limited to 1000 and the Speed Twelve acually broke the dyno! I have also heard many times that it has 900 horses instead of 800. Could it be possible that it has horsepower in the 4-digit range?

Whitebread
09-20-2003, 11:35 PM
I guess it is possible. But weather it has 800HP or 1000+HP doesn't matter to me. With a car of that weight and that much power, you won't be able to control it. It's basically a great lookin dyno queen. I would love to have it, but the only place I'd drive it is on the Bonaville salt flats (I think that's what it's called).

farbod
09-27-2003, 10:18 AM
i have heard of 1000 bhp many times before

BH KiN
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
hehe

aparntly the engine will be able to push 1400bhp at a very high rpm but to be able to use that it would need a new body that airodynamic cos at the moment without the body kit it takes of at 200mph but with the body kit u can probebly see 260mph in it

Whitebread
05-16-2004, 04:50 PM
hehe

aparntly the engine will be able to push 1400bhp at a very high rpm but to be able to use that it would need a new body that airodynamic cos at the moment without the body kit it takes of at 200mph but with the body kit u can probebly see 260mph in it

Um Engrish?

Just kidding.

I'm going to reply to your post, if I misinterpret it, I'm sorry. TVR has probably done extensive aerodynamic testing on the body, thus has designed something that creates little drag. Plus, you can use more horsepower no matter how low or high the drag coefficient is.

Iceman Kimi
03-30-2006, 05:26 AM
the only one speed 12 road car have have 880hp,but with race camshafts will have about 960hp.

the owner have chosen the road camshafts.

and yes,the first test on the dyno was...deleterious....:grinyes:

after the broken of the dyno,the two speed six engines was tested separately...

Live4speed
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
the only one speed 12 road car have have 880hp,but with race camshafts will have about 960hp.

the owner have chosen the road camshafts.

and yes,the first test on the dyno was...deleterious....:grinyes:

after the broken of the dyno,the two speed six engines was tested separately...This was correct at the time of posting, however I heared on his official site that Mr G (that's the owner of the car or rather how he's known by some) has had the car back at TVR where they've smoothed the engine when the race cams are used and they've also tinkered with the ECU, the estimated output now is more, quite how much over they haven't said.

Add your comment to this topic!