Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Future Plans on AF

igor@af
09-04-2003, 10:20 PM
You all may be wondering what the future plans are for AF right now.

Here is the preliminary list, in order by planned date. However, please note that there can be changes/additions/omissions without much notice and this is like the "AF Drawing Board."
Integration of 2nd server - next week AF Member Vehicle registry that will allow a user to maintain an unlimited amount of vehicle profiles with information, pictures, comments from others, car rating, and the Car of the Month as voted by the members! (What a democratic community :naughty:) Launch of brand new type of advertising program (similar to Google ads you see above, but different). Professional grade online automotive magazine that will be very heavily updated. Mike Cervantes already named Editor-in-Chief. AF Merchandise store - cups, hats, shirts, THONGS, mouse pads, etc. Online automotive store featuring over 1500 products to begin with. Launch of Automotive Classified Ads site.Things are looking up once the 2nd server is here and pumping :grinyes:
I would also like to take this opportunity to personally thank the dedicated AF users who have been eager to donate the $645.72 that we currently have. For the time being, I will be taking out a loan to pay for the remainder of the cost. So please, if you would like to help in this cause of creating the best automotive forum (in its real literal sense - a place where people gather), donate whatever you can. It is important to note that every person that donates at this point is placed in a new usergroup that will receive all benefits of subscription members if and when such a system is ever created. Subscription members will receive more features than regular members and will be the key financial benefactors to the website. The fact that if such a service is ever created it will cost significantly more than the accepted donation amount at this point should go without mentioning. In addition, as soon as you donate, you will be able to choose your own custom title and have special AF donor stars under your name. So this is your chance to plan for the future and get a deal and help out all at the same time!

Thank you very much for reading.

Sincerely,

Igor Sushko
Founder
AutomotiveForums.com

Dezoris
09-07-2003, 02:24 AM
I would like to help with the articles, let me know what you need.

maartenvanthek
09-07-2003, 09:32 AM
i'm always into sharing my opinion with the rest of the world, and this is certainly a nice way to do it, and since i'm not the typical dub doozers chrome rims the lower the better, car freak that you see here quite often, i think i might be able to give some variation...

regards

maarten van 't hek

Add your comment to this topic!