Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need drifting help and d1gp

integ1992
09-02-2003, 07:25 PM
hey!!!! i just got back from d1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it was amazing omg.......thats all i can say and ken nomura is the best even tho he didnt win he sure won the fans tho ok but yea i have a 92 acura integra :frown: front whell drive i know i know and i can drift using the ebrake but its not the same u know well i have to keep this teg for around 3-4 years then i eather going for an evo, skyline, or a nissan s13 or 14 but what do u think i can do to make my teg an drifting car manily drift but need to drive to school and around and have to pass smog um name everthink u know!!!!please i have an ok amount of money :2cents: and hmm can u make a ff into a real wheel drive car well at lest it is a stick is there any way of making a front wheel car into a real wheel car and if not what should i do to my in teg and how can i make me drift with out pulling the e-brake ever damn turn and i was wounder if i can set it up for a left foot braking and thanx for all ur help :licka:

jdmkenji
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
nooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!!! :crying:

Suislide
09-05-2003, 04:51 PM
ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

"cho guy i went to D1 to see the phat drifting yo and now i want to be a 1337 dr1f70r with my m4d 7y73 RWD Integra."

bandwagon jumper.

:disappoin

Dorikin
09-05-2003, 04:53 PM
nooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!!! :crying:

Kenji-Now you understand why im the way I am.

Go away. Forget you ever saw drifting. You will try, and fail miserably, and crash your car and NEVER gain the respect of your peers. Your parents will disown you. The D1 drivers will come in the night and cut off your genitals.

Dont come here. Dont assosiate yourself with drifting. You are not wanted. You wont get an Evo, Skyline, S13, Yugp etc. because our secret drifter network has been alerted not to sell these cars to anyone whos been influenced by D1 or owns an FF. You are a marked man.

Yes we are ENORMOUS haters. I am. jdmkenji is fairly docile and open minded, but when we see people like you, we get mad. Piss of

That is all.

Clif Notes: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM DRIFTING DA6 BOY!!!

jdmkenji
09-05-2003, 05:16 PM
dorikin u are crazy! :screwy: :lol2:

Dorikin
09-05-2003, 05:34 PM
dorikin u are crazy! :screwy: :lol2:

Thats me :licka:

Frostbyte
09-05-2003, 05:34 PM
For the last time you cannot drift a FF car. Pulling the e-brake is not drifting it is e-brake sliding.

jdmkenji
09-05-2003, 05:36 PM
start double clutching and stop the granny shifting!

Ace$nyper
09-05-2003, 05:38 PM
You guys are no help to a drift fan what a bunch of :loser: you guys are i'll spell it you for him step 1 take your teg and drive in reverse really fast step 2 yank e-brake mash into a tree step 3 lose licsnce forever never get near a car again this is y us h/a guys get a bad name!

jdmkenji
09-05-2003, 05:41 PM
seriously, if you want to learn... learn on the right platform... get a lightweight rwd car that has tons of aftermarket support like the 240sx. get suspension and LSD, dont even mod the engine yet... save your money and go get some track time...

Dorikin
09-05-2003, 05:46 PM
start double clutching and stop the granny shifting!

:werd: F&F is your bible

Corey I RanciD
09-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Ok integ1992, first step is ignore everyone else who has posted in this thread so far. I'll try to make up for the sheer ignorance posted so far with something useable. Everyone else should listen too, you've all got a lot to learn apparently. "Bandwagon jumper" or not, this guy wants to learn how to drift so why flame him? More drifters means more people buying parts, more people buying parts mean more market, more market will bring competition and therefore lower prices. Even if prices don't get lowered, if more people are in the market for these parts then more companies will try to get involved in getting quality parts into the market. We should be helping people who want to get into this instead of flaming them. So he drives a front wheel drive car now and saw D1GP so he wants to start drifting. How does that make him any better than you guys? Cause he doesn't own 150 Option videos? Seriously, everyone has to start somewhere. If we don't point him in the right direction then he's going to end up pulling the e-brake on public streets giving us all a bad name because you guys refuse to teach him any better. Drifting is becoming increasingly popular, deal with it. We need to keep it off the streets though or we'll all get a bad reputation. You think the police care if you flamed the guys causing the problem on some message board? In their eyes you're just as bad as the guy they pulled out of a ditch last night because he was immitating "2 Fast 2 Furious".

Anyway, sorry about that integ1992. Sorry about the earlier bit. Here's some answers for you..

Using the e-brake is a pretty basic technique for drifting with both front and rear wheel drive layouts. A lot of the skills you'll use drifting in your Integra can later be applied when drifting in a rear wheel drive car too so when you eventually do get a rear wheel drive car you'll have a big head start. Don't believe what most people are going to tell you though.. a front wheel drive car CAN drift.

As far as converting an Integra to rear wheel drive, yes it's possible. With money anything is possible. Is it worth it? Definitly not. Your Integra is capable of drifting already and it would cost so much and take so much fabrication and modification to convert the Integra to rear wheel drive it's definitly just not worth it.

Setting up your car for drifting will help you a LOT. You don't have to worry about passing smog and such, you don't even need to touch the engine. Doing a few bolts-ons like header, exhaust, etc. wouldn't hurt. Intakes are pretty common but for drifting I'd just modify the stock air box. 99% of the time the stock air box with a little modification will provide better throttle response than a long chrome pipe will. Throttle response is a lot more important when drifting than two or three more horsepower at 7000 RPM. What you really want to focus on to set your car up to drift is your suspension. Strut tower bars, sway bars, adjustable coilovers (or spring/shock combos), pillowball mounts, etc. are the stuff you should be looking at. I'd start with some strut tower bars and a good spring/shock combo. Depending on what you get you may need to fix your camber with pillowball mounts or control arms, but if you get a stock replacement strut like KYB AGXs (which I'd reccomend, high quality and inexpensive) and springs that don't drop the car too much you'll be fine. For springs I'd reccomend linear wound ones. Most of the lowering springs these days are progressively wound so watch out. Linear springs make the car more predictable in turns because the spring rate won't change as your corner harder. KG/MM and RS*R make good, affordable linear springs. If you can find some high quality adjustable strut bars those would be great. I've never owned a Honda so I'm not sure what brands to look for, but Hondas have so big an aftermarket that I'm sure you can find something. Adjustables would be preferable because you can use them to help tune your car for more oversteer and to personal preference. So that's a few things to look for for now.

Now.. tuning. With adjustable struts you've really just got find your own preference. You could just stay with a middle setting on both front and rear if you don't really want to deal with it, but I'd reccomend you just play with them and find out what you like. The strut bars.. you're going to want to adjust the rear to be stiffer than the front. This will set the car up to oversteer. Also, the adjustable bars will let you easily undo these settings to go back to daily driving without putting yourself and others at risk of you losing control of the car because of your adjustments. Remember.. keep your drifting to the track. It's safer, it's more fun, it's LEGAL. Don't ruin it for yourself or the rest of us, KEEP IT ON THE TRACK! :)

As for technique.. honestly, I haven't done a whole lot of drifting in front wheel drive cars so it'd be best to talk to someone more experienced, but I can tell you some basics. What you've been doing is a good start. Keep practicing with the e-brake.. try to practice using it to correct your line mid-drift and you'll get a lot better. Another common way of drifting in a front wheel drive car is a braking drift. Because the front is a lot heavier than the rear of the car by braking as you turn into a corner you can cause the rear end to swing out around the car then countersteer the front wheels to control it. When using this technique it helps a lot to have tuned suspension like I mentioned above. Without strut bars and stiff springs it may not be easy to do this because instead of kicking out the suspension will be too sloppy.

So read over this and let me know what you think. If you want to talk to me about it some more without everyone else flaming you can AIM me (coreyirancid) or e-mail me (coreyg@tranceaddict.net). I hope this helped.. have fun drifting!

And remember.. KEEP IT AT THE TRACK! :cool:

Dorikin
09-05-2003, 10:23 PM
seriously, if you want to learn... learn on the right platform... get a lightweight rwd car that has tons of aftermarket support like the 240sx. get suspension and LSD, dont even mod the engine yet... save your money and go get some track time...

:werd:

Dont bother with the Integra dude. Since people belive FF drift exists, Ill put it this way. FF drifting is a SERIOUS SERIOUS handicap.

Corey I RanciD
09-05-2003, 11:10 PM
:werd:

Dont bother with the Integra dude. Since people belive FF drift exists, Ill put it this way. FF drifting is a SERIOUS SERIOUS handicap.

And thank you for another waste of a post. Seriously, what do you guys have against this guy?

MDiGiamm
09-05-2003, 11:18 PM
For the last time you cannot drift a FF car. Pulling the e-brake is not drifting it is e-brake sliding.

I believe the technical term is "Ass dragging". At least it is for me.

jdmkenji
09-06-2003, 12:11 AM
And thank you for another waste of a post. Seriously, what do you guys have against this guy?

I agree with u Corey... i'm totally just making fun. I'm not sure why there are so many haters or people who think they're the shit by bringing other people down... specially on this particular section of AF. But if Integ guy is totally serious about learning, he should learn on the proper platform and get a lot of track time... just like what i posted earlier. No hating here. Just because he drives an integra doesnt mean he cant learn. We all start from somewhere. Hey, i used to have 3 fwd cars before i got my rwd car... does that mean i cant be in this "special drift club". dont even bother with these other guys who think they're cool.

Suislide
09-06-2003, 12:32 AM

alright so i jumped to conclusions.

but jesus, some of you guys need to lighten the fuck up.

i've only owned 4 cars so far, and 3 of them have been FWD, so i'm not one to talk! of course, i never tried to convert one of them to RWD and drift with it. but seriousley, the attitude that he conveyed with his first post sounded like the kind of person who would only be drifting because "it's cool" or "other people will like me" because of it. those are all the wrong reasons to start drifing. if i'm wrong, then by all means, i heartily apologize.

but SERIOUSLEY, guys. this website is all about FREEDOM OF SPEECH! at first, he did sound like the kind of person who we hear about trying to drift and smashing his car into a tree. i now agree that helping him is a good way to go about it, but give me SOME respect here instead of just "not bothering" with me and "ignoring" my posts. i have a right to say what i see fit. if you don't like it, tough shit.

and FF drifting is definitley a handi-cap. it's alot harder to perfect an FWD drift then it is an RWD drift. it makes learning harder and inevitabley slows down the whole learning process.

don't just assume that i've "got alot to learn" just because of what i think about ONE newbie, or that i'm ignorant. my first post in this thread was based merely on what i pulled from his original post.

stop trying to sound like you're higher and mightier then the rest of us, Corey.

if help is what you guys want me to give, then fuck. i'll cut the snide bullshit, help, and welcome every single ricer and poser into the scene to infest it with bullshit. half of the people who "want to drift" right now want to do it for all the wrong reasons. they just want to look cool in front of the other ricers. that's the TOTAL wrong frame of mind. we have to teach them that drifting takes concentration, dedication, and MONEY! if they aren't willing to put all of that into it, then they'd better forget it. because if they try drifting without one of those three things, they're going to end up wrapped around a tree or in a hospital bed, coffin, or court room.

so alright. let's educate, but for fuck's sake let's try and get along while we're doing it. all of us in here are equal, no-one is higher then anyone else. we're all here to help educate the worthy.

/end rant

Corey I RanciD
09-06-2003, 01:02 AM
we have to teach them that drifting takes concentration, dedication, and MONEY!

We have to teach them a lot of things. I'm not sure which of those things this post taught though...

ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

"cho guy i went to D1 to see the phat drifting yo and now i want to be a 1337 dr1f70r with my m4d 7y73 RWD Integra."

bandwagon jumper.

I'm not acting higher or mightier than anyone, I'm trying to help this guy and the drifting community in general. If it appears as if I'm acting higher and mightier perhaps it's because half the other posts in this thread are completely irrelevant and unneeded flames at integ1992.

Oh yeah, you may want to look at this: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=hypocrite

EDIT: Kenji, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile.. a win is a win! :grinno:

Suislide
09-06-2003, 11:29 AM
if you somehow managed to fail to read the entirity of my last post, i said i judged him based on how his first post came across. if you think it's better to help him, then for fuck's sake i'll help him. :shakehead

Dorikin
09-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Ya know, my dad had two DA6 chassis Integras.

They can handle REALLY well.

Since this guy lives in Cali, he should go to Qualcomm park Auto-X or Willowsprings, or Buttonwillow and home his skills there.

Soyo
09-06-2003, 03:18 PM
ok I own a FF car and I LOVE to pull the e-brake but trust me its not drifting, it can be really fun but in no way is it drifting, I'm not gonna hate on you for wanting to drift because I want to too, but you have to realize you need a RWD sportscar to drift, 240sx, rx-7, supra, old-school corrola, whatever you wanna choose, but it MUST be RWD thats all there is to it, if you came in here saying I have a piece of trash 88 corrola people would give you a little help probably, but with ANY FWD car you'll get flamed no matter if its a honda, mitsubishi, or whatever, if you came in the a freakin camaro you'd get more help than with a FWD car, its just gonna happen cuz its not possible to drift in it!

and ofcourse they handle well its a lightweight, FWD, sports car, even my crapy 1990 plymouth laser handles really well with 13 yr old struts and shocks and all that trash it comes with

2strokebloke
09-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I can't believe people are arguing over this again. You can drift an FF car, it is not impossible, nor do you have to use the parking brake to do it. It does take more skill to do it in an FF car than some RWD cars, and it's because some people aren't skilled enough to pull it off that they say it can't be done, or that it's not worth doing (just because they can't, or won't) Remember, the world was flat by popular demand for thousands of years, and in the same way "real" drifting is for RWD cars only :headshake

Remember kids, you can drift a RWD car, but you can only ever engage in oversteering lateral slides with a FWD car! :grinyes: :p

Dorikin
09-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Remember kids, you can drift a RWD car, but you can only ever engage in oversteering lateral slides with a FWD car! :grinyes: :p[/QUOTE]

Thats actually a good line.

Maybe we should use the terms drift and slide to differentiate between FF and FR.

Drift-The Japanese style of sliding, involving RWD cars. Often assosiated with the "JDM" culture, although a steady stream of drifters are beggining to recognize the potential of Domestic muscle cars

Slide-The general term given to oversteer. This can be done on snow, Ice, wet pavement, or dry pavement.

2strokebloke
09-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Drift-The Japanese style of sliding, involving RWD cars. Often assosiated with the "JDM" culture, although a steady stream of drifters are beggining to recognize the potential of Domestic muscle cars

Slide-The general term given to oversteer. This can be done on snow, Ice, wet pavement, or dry pavement.

Or rather more realisitically...

Slide-same as "Drift" but utilizing vehicles manufactured by any company other than Nissan. :grinyes: (believe it or not, the grinning smiley indicates that this comment is sarcastic)

Only because "oversteer" is the general term given to oversteer.

Dorikin
09-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Or rather more realisitically...

Slide-same as "Drift" but utilizing vehicles manufactured by any company other than Nissan. :grinyes:

Only because "oversteer" is the general term given to oversteer.

:nono:

Last time I checked, Toyota, Chevy, Ford, BMW, Subaru and Mitsubishi all had cars that were utilized by "drifters"

perhaps drift should just be the D1 sense of the word and slide encompasses everything else.

RyanGiorgio
09-06-2003, 10:12 PM
ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

bandwagon jumper.

lmfao. Burned.

And your going to be able to afford an Evo or a Skyline in the future? I bet 85% of us will never have enough free cash to buy either of those.

Corey I RanciD
09-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Is there even a reason to have two terms? How about this:

Controlled oversteer is "drifting". We can call D1 style drifting "D1 style drifting", front wheel drive drifting "drifting with fwd" and rear wheel drive drifting "drifting with rwd", etc. Different terms are confusing and unneeded. If for some reason you're morally opposed to front wheel drive drifting then call it front wheel drive controlled oversteer. It doesn't matter, it all means the same thing.

jdmkenji
09-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Corey, this is what happens when u have too many 13 year old internet drifters in a forum at one time.

They spend so much time on-line on drift forums and 240sx forums that they start coming up with their own "techniques" and what's considered as drifting... coz you know, if its not D1 Style... its not drifting :eek7:

These are the same people who havent even seen any track time, oh yeah, did i mention that they dont even have their drivers license???

and of course, you have those same 13 year olds who've supposedly been into drifting since the beginning of time, therefore they are the original internet drifters and have been part of the club for a long time. And without their approval you can't be a drifter unless they say so! I suggest reading other posts in this forum and you will realize what i'm talking about.

Like i've done in the past, i'll remove my subscription to this thread coz its making me dumber by the minute. :shakehead

Dorikin
09-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Corey, this is what happens when u have too many 13 year old internet drifters in a forum at one time.

They spend so much time on-line on drift forums and 240sx forums that they start coming up with their own "techniques" and what's considered as drifting... coz you know, if its not D1 Style... its not drifting :eek7:

These are the same people who havent even seen any track time, oh yeah, did i mention that they dont even have their drivers license???

and of course, you have those same 13 year olds who've supposedly been into drifting since the beginning of time, therefore they are the original internet drifters and have been part of the club for a long time. And without their approval you can't be a drifter unless they say so! I suggest reading other posts in this forum and you will realize what i'm talking about.

Like i've done in the past, i'll remove my subscription to this thread coz its making me dumber by the minute. :shakehead

:wave:

I dont know about others, but I never claim to be a drifter. I dont come up with my own techniques, or say I have the fastest time in my subdivision, etc.

Im more open to the prospect of other drifting, after all, D1 is for show, whereas oversteer is what can really cut down your lap times and improve racing lines.

As for track time. Trash me if you will, but my track time is either go karts, or on a rare occasion, shifter karts. $5 a lap beats the hell out of driving 2.5 hours and paying a couple hundred bucks for all day, not to mention gas. Laugh if you will, but every pro racer, and Im not talking D1 HAS started out with go-karts.

As for being into drifting since the beggining of time. Well, I wasnt born in the 1970s so I couldnt have been involved then. I do know I would recive magazines and videos from Japan when I was small, that had segments on drifting in them. Of course, it was no where near the level Option or BM is today, because, drifting wasnt held in high regard then(It couldnt generate revenue)

Obviously I havent been part of the SoCal club, since you're nothing unless you travel 5000miles from home to Drift Day and prove your shit there.

jdmkenji, dont act all high and mighty. Im sure you musta gotten trashed for "drifting" your Prelude(which is a fine car, dont get me wrong), therefore you are receptive to FF drifters because you feel there pain. Basic psychology. I mean, you DO run importthugs.com

The image you're trying to convey with that mighty wingman stuff, doesnt go along with the name "Import Thugs". On one hand, you have a funny engrish slogan, like "JDM dorifutos", on the other hand, you have a name that sounds like all the other names on a Civic Message board. I doubt you when you started import thugs you thought AE86s were cool, and you loved your Prelude, which had everything outta the JC Whitney catalog. Im sure when you first saw drifting, or a boro-ass AE86 you were thinking "WTF is that ugly POS. It doesnt look nice, so it must be slow". Or something along those lines.

But my opinion doesnt count. Since I dont have my own car, dont go to Buttonwillow or WillowSprings, and dont buy Initial D and "JDM INSIDE" stickers from your site, my opinion doesnt count.

Goodbye, and I will miss the banter we had.

Suislide
09-07-2003, 11:47 AM
for all who don't know, i'm 18.

i have my driver's license.

i just yesterday bought my 5th car. and Infiniti M30, RWD 2-door coupe.

i have never had any track time yet.

i never claim to be a drifter. i claim to know alot about it, but i've never done it in the true-est sense of the word. sure, i yanked the e-brake a good few times on my old Pontiac, but that doesn't count IMO.

of course, i'm entitled to my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

D1 isn't the be-all and end-all. in fact, D1 is rigged, and alot of the hardcore Tohge/street drifters in Japan hate D1. i simply watch it because of the incredible machines (as shown in my signature) and the skill shown by the drivers.

as for being around since the "beginning of time". 1984 isn't really the beginning of drifting. i've been around a long time though, before it became the latest fad. that was long enough for me to be saddened by some of the current things happening around drifting in the North American scene today. but i'm only one man, and as such can't do much about that.

my Infiniti will be set up for drifting. first thing i'm doing, probably sometime next week, is swapping the stock automatic for a 300ZX 5-speed. i have plans for full suspension, lightening, possible SR or RB swap, etc etc.

so call me an internet drifter if you want. while i haven't seen any track time yet, i don't claim to BE a drifter. so whatever.

jdmkenji
09-07-2003, 01:13 PM
hahaha i have to chime back in...

1. a little insecure are we??? 18? congratulations. you should start acting like 18.

2. D1, no matter how rigged you are still loooking at the top of the line drifters and race drivers of japan. I dont care if they make the worst driver of D1 the top guy, he can still kick ass and know how to control their cars. True, its all about promotion, sponsorships, money making... but who the hell cares. I'm sure if you put one of those D1 guys against the other "japanese" drifters... they can still be very competetive.

3. Yeah, you might "know of drifting" from the videos and magazines, but since you havent actually tried it, dont knock on other people who would like to try learning it. I know that your making fun, coz most people here sound like they're stupid for asking questions... but remember, we all have to start somewhere. Just coz he saw D1 and wants to learn something new doesnt mean he's a band wagon jumper. You'll only find out a band wagon jumper once you see them actually try it... i think most of the guys online who talk about drifting and never really do are the real band wagon jumper... specially those who try to knock others who are honestly interested in the sport and are just starting.

All i'm saying is that you guys should help out instead of posting shitz like:

- band wagon jumper, waaaahhh
- fwd drifter, waaaaaah
- if you cant do d1 drift, your not a drifter, wahhhhhh!!!!!
- we're the real drifters here and if you want in, well... you cant! waaah!

how stupid is that!??! :rofl:

Suislide
09-07-2003, 09:57 PM
hahaha i have to chime back in...

1. a little insecure are we??? 18? congratulations. you should start acting like 18.

and how would you suggest that, mother? :rolleyes: i'm not insecure about anything. i act my age and act how i see fit in a situation. if you don't like it, then boo hoo.

just because i'm unfortunate enough to live in Canada (which i love otherwise besides the racing scene), where's there's absolutely no scene and no events, you write me off? it's not my fault that i live up here. if i could live in So-Cal near all the events, i would. oh, and the car that i just bought yesterday was the first car i've owned (out of 5) that i would ever consider drifting. kinda hard to drift in a 12 year old automatic Pontiac rust-bucket, hmm? i'm SO sorry i'm not as fortunate as you to have MONEY to buy a nice car and do whatever i want to it. i'm strapped for cash, as a matter of fact. i was LUCKY to find my car for as cheap as it was, and it'll have to sit for a while while i raise money to swap the transmission. once it's going though, watch out. things will happen, and i will be drifting it, and talking to local race-tracks to try and get more events to happen around here. so yeah, call me an internet drifter if you want. the only reason i'm not out there sideways right now is because of my location and my lack of funds. if i had both of those things, i'd be out there every god-damned day. so if you want to mock me for my misfortunes that i can't help, then go ahead. but i think that's pretty damn low.

the only reason that i was ragging on this dude was because he only wants to drift to look cool. he doesn't care about the skill or the rush. he just wants admiration. i personally couldn't give 2 shits about what anyone else thinks of my drifts, as long as i'm having fun. he also wants to make his Integra RWD. listen man, there are TONS of formidable RWD platforms out there. sell your Integra, buy a nice cheap RWD car (they ARE out there) and use the left-overs to start modding it.

one thing i suggest: mocking a mod's maturity is not a good idea. if you want to do it, then at least keep it to PM's and don't clutter up the board with useless bullshit.

WhiteBlur
09-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Listen Integ, just stick to your integra. If you love your car stick with it and don't go tryin to do somethin you know nothing about. And just because you saw somebody do it and it looked really good doesn't necisarrily mean that you can do it also. In 5 years you could never match their capabilities with the knowledge you know now. So just stay with the integra and be happy.

stealthj
09-08-2003, 01:06 AM
i agreee, i know a japanese guy, and ive talked to him a few times saying that D1 is commercializing their sport, making it look bad, pretty soon u will hear on the news that drifting is the new thing kids are out for, and making us look like bad kids

i wonder if the ONE-VIA was for sal in japan?

i wonder if its a TREND like the silvia frotn end conversion is?

ryuhito
09-08-2003, 02:00 AM
Newbies: Tread lightly and with respect here. Many of the people posting know their stuff and can smell bullshit a mile away. Bullshit is seen as disrespect for their passion and if you catch them on a bad day they will tear you up.

Gurus: Try to remember the way you felt when you began to discover all this car stuff. We all had opinions then that would embarass us now. And remember, the Death Star would have blown up a lot of planets if Yoda wouldn't have put up with Lukes crappy attitude for a while. :)

Thepeug
09-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Man, you guys are brutal. With the exception of a few, this entire post has been one big bitch fight.

jdmkenji
09-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Man, you guys are brutal. With the exception of a few, this entire post has been one big bitch fight.

hehehe, u havent seen the other threads on this section yet have u? :biggrin:

its just the internet

Shinji
09-27-2003, 11:43 PM
I want to add that you guys need to stop flamin' I mean damn..

Ok FWD buddy I tried getting help to when I wanted to learn to drift a FWD and as it was posted before it can be done it is harder and e-brake and also brake drifting is going to be your best friend, if you can perfect a FWD drift I am other people should respect you alittle more cuz it is hard as hell to be able to do it perfect as anyone who drifts FWD..

I own a 99 Honda Civic EX and as stated before you need the setup, when I started out I could only ge the ass end to swing out when it was wet out or if I switched to some semi bald tires.. lamer!

Ok I would say screw the engine mods (yea they make you go fast but if you can't drift the corner in the 1st place extra hp won't help any more trust me on this!)

Go by the Quide that was given in the 1st page he seems to know alot about FWD drifting, I would also along with the suspension build up get a big brake kit or anything over oem like brembo or baer are the best..

If you need any other help e-mail Knight-SaberX@neo-tokyo.org

scourge2u
09-28-2003, 04:43 AM
1. FWD simply cannot drift. All you American kids want to play but you refuse to use the right equipment.:rolleyes:

2. D1 are the top drifters in all of Japan? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, thats so damn funny.:rofl:

3. Its one thing to try to learn drifting but its completely another matter when you want to jump on the latest fad just to be cool. We all started somewhere and we are all still learning (well, most of us anyway). There is no obligation to help a poser.

Shinji
09-28-2003, 11:56 AM
You are still flamin, damn you 10 year old kids need a life.

You don't need RWD to drift you can drift a damn go kart, you can drift anything if you have the setup on your car and if you have the skill and time to practice. Anyone who flames a person for wanting to learn something is the following.

1) A real jackass cuz I am sure you needed help at one point to.
2) repeat step one until you need help and people flame you for it!

scourge2u
09-28-2003, 12:21 PM
FYI: Go carts are all RWD so although you were trying to make a point, you just didn't quite make it.

Thepeug
09-28-2003, 12:25 PM
You are still flamin, damn you 10 year old kids need a life.

You don't need RWD to drift you can drift a damn go kart, you can drift anything if you have the setup on your car and if you have the skill and time to practice. Anyone who flames a person for wanting to learn something is the following.

1) A real jackass cuz I am sure you needed help at one point to.
2) repeat step one until you need help and people flame you for it!

:iagree: I don't understand why drifters act like thier sport is some kind of elite club whose members get offended if someone with a Civic wants to start drifting. Yes, it makes much more sense to drift with a RWD car, but if FWD is someone's only option and they want to learn, more power to them. There's no reason why anyone should be flamed for asking a question.

Suislide
09-28-2003, 01:11 PM
:iagree: I don't understand why drifters act like thier sport is some kind of elite club whose members get offended if someone with a Civic wants to start drifting. Yes, it makes much more sense to drift with a RWD car, but if FWD is someone's only option and they want to learn, more power to them. There's no reason why anyone should be flamed for asking a question.

if you don't like it, don't look at it. simple as that.

offense comes because the "new" drifters are doing it for all the wrong reasons. but why re-type something i've already said in this thread?

Shinji - calling people "10 year old kids" is a flame. telling people to stop flaming and then calling them "10 year old kids" without actually knowing how old they are is pure hypocrisy.

this thread is on the line. :nono:

stealthj
09-28-2003, 01:15 PM
drifting is fun....lol

one time i was like COMPLETELY sideways, but the road was wet thats why, it was SOO slippery, i was going like 10 mph and i made a u turn but i ended up sideways for about 5 seconds

it was SLLLIIICCKkk

this is an old thread

Thepeug
09-28-2003, 04:13 PM
if you don't like it, don't look at it. simple as that.

offense comes because the "new" drifters are doing it for all the wrong reasons. but why re-type something i've already said in this thread?

Shinji - calling people "10 year old kids" is a flame. telling people to stop flaming and then calling them "10 year old kids" without actually knowing how old they are is pure hypocrisy.

this thread is on the line. :nono:

I understand what you're saying, but hen someone asks a question about drifiting, you have no way of telling whether or not they're doing it becuase it's the newest fad, or becuase they're genuinely intersted in becoming a skilled drifter. You have to give them a chance, and not always assume it's some kid jumping onto the bandwagon.

WhiteBlur
09-29-2003, 02:18 PM
1. FWD simply cannot drift. All you American kids want to play but you refuse to use the right equipment.:rolleyes:

2. D1 are the top drifters in all of Japan? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, thats so damn funny.:rofl:

3. Its one thing to try to learn drifting but its completely another matter when you want to jump on the latest fad just to be cool. We all started somewhere and we are all still learning (well, most of us anyway). There is no obligation to help a poser.

I agree with you, FWD cannot drift because their power is coming from the front and when you drift you have to control it with the front tires (usually, not unless you have AWD).
Also, hell I've been tryin to study about drifting for about a year now and I still feel like I'm a complete noobie. So just because you see it happen don't go jumping on the bandwagon and think you drift just because you saw it.

2strokebloke
09-29-2003, 03:17 PM
I agree with you, FWD cannot drift because their power is coming from the front and when you drift you have to control it with the front tires (usually, not unless you have AWD).

Wow, believe it or not, FR RR and FF cars all use the front wheels for directional control. Now how about that? You learn something new everyday.

evopanop
09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Also, even though it may sound like it's a total newbie comment, remember to find a VERY wide and open road! lol Trust me, it's very degrading when you're really good at canyon runs, and you think you're tough s**t, and then you go and try to drift (with a friend in the car with you, nonetheless) and end up drifting around the corner and then across the whole road and into a curb. It wasn't too fun, and now I need to take the Z3 in to have the alignment fixed, lol. :icon16:

ryuhito
09-30-2003, 12:36 AM
When did losing grip become a good thing? I don't consider myself that old but where I come from 'drifters' are kids who either can't read a turn or spent all their dough on hp and not brakes. Not to dispute the skills it takes to drift but slides eat speed. And speed is why I love cars in the first place.

Let the smack talking commence.

Suislide
09-30-2003, 04:13 PM
When did losing grip become a good thing? I don't consider myself that old but where I come from 'drifters' are kids who either can't read a turn or spent all their dough on hp and not brakes. Not to dispute the skills it takes to drift but slides eat speed. And speed is why I love cars in the first place.

Let the smack talking commence.

why do you come into a forum specifically ABOUT drifting and say something like that?

we find it interesting, we enjoy it, it's our passion, so why knock on it?and FYI, you have to spend a shit-load on brakes for drifting. sliding sideways at 80mph around a corner...one would think one would like to stop or slow down at a certain point! :p

Shinji
10-01-2003, 12:40 AM
That is why when I added my little info on FWD drifting, I said brakes he he I have already burned I don't know how many pads shoes and even a set of rotars because when I was learning to drift a FWD I did alot of braking and trying to experiment with my car to get it to do what I wanted...

Drfting + Speed = No Brakes = You better have alot of cash lol..

Oh and not to mention tire price damn...

iLuBSkylines
10-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Sup ppl =] for the sake of not making another thread I have one quick question

My friend drives a 85 Ford Mustang 5.0, he says he can drift in it (or wants to at least, its RWD btw)

is it possible for him to drift in it? (its also bone stock)

If not, what will be needed for him to drift?

scourge2u
10-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Yes he can drift but tis always a good idea to have the right tires, suspension, and brakes. You can do it without these things...but why?

Add your comment to this topic!