Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question About 14'' Rims Fitting 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback....help!!!

mirage91
08-28-2003, 03:22 PM
I Have A 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback, And I Recently Bought 14'' Rims For It Without Realizing That The Car's Rim Size Was 13''...........im Pretty Sure The Width Will Fit, But I Really Hope The Tire Doesnt Hit The Wheelwell. If I Get New Tires, And Tell Them To Give Me The Smallest Possible Tire For That Rim, Do U Guys Think Itll Work??? Therefore Ill Have More Rim Diameter And Less Black Sidewalls.....man I Really Hope This Works, Cuz Im Not Bout To Jack It Up And Spend More Money.....tell Me What You Guys Think....thanks!!!!

PLATNUMBUG
09-06-2003, 01:24 AM
I Have A 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback, And I Recently Bought 14'' Rims For It Without Realizing That The Car's Rim Size Was 13''...........im Pretty Sure The Width Will Fit, But I Really Hope The Tire Doesnt Hit The Wheelwell. If I Get New Tires, And Tell Them To Give Me The Smallest Possible Tire For That Rim, Do U Guys Think Itll Work??? Therefore Ill Have More Rim Diameter And Less Black Sidewalls.....man I Really Hope This Works, Cuz Im Not Bout To Jack It Up And Spend More Money.....tell Me What You Guys Think....thanks!!!!
You should be fine with 14's. The thing to do is measure the diameter of the tires on your 13's. When you buy new tires tell them you want 14 inch tires as close to that diameter as possible. Probably wouldnt hurt to have an alignment done to save those new tires!

mr bishi
10-28-2005, 05:49 PM
if your new wheels don't have the same offset as the old ones they can make your car handle worst as the weight is sitting on the part of the tyre

mitsubishicoltman
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
they should fit easily i have 17 inch tsw stealths on mine with 195/45/17 tyres and these dont rub on the inside or outside and its lowered 40mm i used vauxhall fitment and cavalier offsets and i can take a car full with no scrapes

Add your comment to this topic!