Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

-BIGGEST MISTAKE IN MY MODELING CAREER(probably in my whole life)

dannysreallycool
08-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Well today i was finishing my Buick Rivera Lowrider(not the 2-n-1 Kit, i hate those) ya so i had everything done right painted from nearby autoshop and rims and bought a system for the back so i had opened my trunk and left door (drivers side) well i made the hinges glued them on , then i put the trunk on which is still drying, THEN IT HAPPENED, I LOST MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR :spit: , WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR IT, NOW I HAVE A BIG EMPTY LEFT SIDE PANEL ON MY BUICK.

and that is the biggest mistake ive ever made:frown:

r34boy
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
:frown: :frown: :mad: that sucks. I hope you can find it :)

tonioseven
08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
No need for air conditioning, huh?:icon16:

Jay!
08-12-2003, 06:52 PM
I lost a windshield for 2 years.

SnakekanS
08-12-2003, 07:54 PM
just call the maker and they will send u back the part u need...

same thing with the guy who lost his windshield

Jay!
08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by SnakekanS
same thing with the guy who lost his windshield I eventually found a replacement... ;)

SnakekanS
08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
I eventually found a replacement... ;)
then, its nice :bigthumb:

EMAXX
08-12-2003, 09:05 PM
That has to really suck man. I hope you can find it. I keep all my parts that I'm using to build in a tin can at all times when I'm not using them.

digitalbanzai
08-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, if that's the worst mistake in your modeling career, let me tell you, you have a lot ahead of you :eek:

themodelkid
08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Your biggest mistake in your life??? Wow your doin pretty good...:rolleyes:

CamaroSSBoy346
08-12-2003, 10:17 PM
i remember when i lost a poly cap for one of my old tamiya kits. As you know, the poly cap is the part that keeps the wheel on...

grandprix92
08-12-2003, 10:28 PM
i lost the entire parts tree with the engine parts on it for my Beretta. mostly because my sister and i share a tble (me for models, her for art stuff) and she made me move all my stuff and i was so pissed i didnt bother trying to organize all the stuff.:bloated:

Modgod
08-12-2003, 10:30 PM
That sucks maby its under some were juss keep on looking!

subyfanatic
08-12-2003, 10:51 PM
I lost the entire freshly painted body of my 1/25 AMT Buick Wildcat about 11 years ago. It's never turned up again. :loser: :dunno: :newburn: :confused: :twak: :screwy:

Bigg "E"

egon_dude
08-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by CamaroSSBoy346
i remember when i lost a poly cap for one of my old tamiya kits. As you know, the poly cap is the part that keeps the wheel on...

I did that on the porsche im building at the moment- so its held in with a blob of blu-tack and some superglue :smile:
But im always losing little annoying bits of kits- while i was building a 1/48 scale P38 Lightning (big expensive kit!) i managed to lose the whole of one of the undercarriage legs, annoying, as id already started building the diorama base for it (on the ground- so i needed the wheels!) Luckily my dad had the same kit unbuilt so i nicked the part out of his kit :tongue: (well he still hasn't built it . . .)

MrHappy
08-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Worst modelling mistake...
Thinking I could finish off the decals on my CLK GTR after 8 pints of Stella :cheers: (can you get it in the US yet?? Alc5.2%) and a kebab (another brit thing).

Worst life mistake, thats another story (also includes Stella... And a bottle of absinth):bloated:

dannysreallycool
08-13-2003, 08:07 PM
i think i figured out a theory as to what happened since i always paint my models on my balcony since i cant do it anywhere else i put it on the edge of the balcony to get full sunlight. i have been doing this 2 years and nothing ever happened but i think the wind blew it over to the street but when i checked it wasnt there or probably it got caugfht on a car and is in like vegas or something. but there is no wind its dead heat in Los Angeles (its summer what do you expect)

DOES ANYBODY AND I MEAN ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO TO REPLACE IT, I WAS THINK SOME STYRENE SHEET PLATIC ABOUT THE SAME WIDTH TO COVER IT UP BUT IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION TELL ME!!!!

SuperStreet reader
08-13-2003, 09:33 PM
worst mistake is brush painting body of first model:rolleyes:

grandprix92
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SuperStreet reader

that was mine for a while.

Camber
08-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Before I spent the amount of money as I do now on models, I left a bunch of parts and the started model on the dining room table, after my mom told me not to or shed throw it out side, which I didnt believe she'd do, but I was wrong.. She threw it out into the middle of the street. Luckily I was still able to finish it, but with out the hood, engine, lights, and chassis parts, But its all good :bigthumb: That was my worst mistake

P.S.- I think I ended up getting frustrated and breaking the rest of the parts myself :wink:

JeffForSale!
08-15-2003, 11:10 AM
:thumbsup:

EMAXX
08-15-2003, 11:28 AM

I didn't have to paint my first one. I had the snap-together kits. :p

Add your comment to this topic!