Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

is200 cd facia plate

chrismcgee
08-12-2003, 11:29 AM
im from the uk, and want to get rid of the standard sterio in my 2000 is200, does anyone make a single din face plate that i can put in si i can have a hard drive head unit?

joecwlaw
08-18-2003, 10:29 PM
im from the uk, and want to get rid of the standard sterio in my 2000 is200, does anyone make a single din face plate that i can put in si i can have a hard drive head unit?

what does that mean Chris? do you mean you wanna put a larger stereo (single face type) into your is200 and need some help on it?

:)

chrismcgee
08-25-2003, 06:03 AM
what does that mean Chris? do you mean you wanna put a larger stereo (single face type) into your is200 and need some help on it?

:)

yes, at the moment the standard head unit is a double din, 6 cd changer but it skips all the time and realy gets on my nerves every time i hit a bump.
the idea is to change it for a sony hard drive head unit that holds mp3 files on a hard drive instead of a cd which would stop it skipping and let me drive with up to 3000 tracks. only prob is that it is a single din unit and needs a plate to take up the space.
i have seen one on the market but not impressed with the quality.

Add your comment to this topic!