Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

street racing in maryland

shadohc
08-11-2003, 10:00 PM
does anyone here know where you can street race in maryland if so please list some places so me and other people around here can check these spots out

95civicman
08-11-2003, 11:41 PM
:eek7: :bricks1: :screwy:

00accord44
08-12-2003, 08:48 AM
You probably wanna look in the regional forums. But to the best of my knowledge and what I hear from my friends in the DC Metro area, there aint much racin goin on in tha MD

4drcivic
08-12-2003, 09:12 PM
i'm in harford county. The only good place i know of is northern parkway. alot of custom cars there. if you need directions e-mail me at bagdmazda@aol.com. other then that alot of people go to the track in cecil county. and alot of street racing around where i'am.

shadohc
08-12-2003, 09:26 PM
yeah i know about northern parkway there is never anything going on there it is turning into a car show there nobody never wants to race and if they do they think it is a charity or something because noone has any money to bet the boy tony that i know with the two door jetta told me about phili so i am going there

90civichatch
08-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Northern parkway used to be nice, but like you said it turned into a car show. I know there is some racing in Dundalk on sunday nights, cars meet at the Save-A-Lot. Those are the two main spots I know of.

-Derek

civicHBsi91
08-13-2003, 05:04 PM
last times i been to parkway theres been tons of races and lots of big money ones, it lasted till 6 in the morning

and if you lookin to race bad come to gb and ride ritchie you can race on there its just tricky sometimes people say they dont like to cuz theres so many cops but ive been riding it for a year and a half and no trouble from the cops yet just gotta be smart about it

there are races at dorsey sometimes, last night there was supposed to be a race at northern but it didnt go down....fast ass cars up there

carrrnuttt
08-13-2003, 05:06 PM
...and who here has verified that shadohc isn't a cop?

Just saying...

civicHBsi91
08-13-2003, 05:09 PM
cops know about northern, cops know about it all.......its not stopable

YogsVR4
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by civicHBsi91
cops know about northern, cops know about it all.......its not stopable

I wouldn't say that. Its more like they haven't taken the time to stop it.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

banditkiller
08-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Its not easy to stop racing in maryland......Being from maryland myself and have raced there for a while....i know......The police arent worried about the racing as much as they are about ppl standing around in parking lots being rude and disrespectful of the buisnesses......i know....with my friend and his b-16 crx.....we were racing prolly a 94 95 civic ex .......balls to the wall flying down ritchie at about 100 mph.....he pulls us over...(joe slowed up for him) and asks why we were racing....end of story?? .....he didnt care....gave us a warning and drove off......thats about 9 points in the tickets he should have written...they dont really care......but yeah ritchie is pretty nice....alot of cars.....and almost anyone will race.....but you had better be carefull of the police......and there are some pretty fast cars out there too.....hope it helps

shadohc
08-13-2003, 07:28 PM
i am not a cop i would not claim to be i am well known at northern parkway i know ( craig kenny) you know the one who tries and gets races to start yeah that guy so i am far from a cop

civicHBsi91
08-15-2003, 07:55 PM
i am not a cop i would not claim to be i am well known at northern parkway i know ( craig kenny) you know the one who tries and gets races to start yeah that guy so i am far from a cop

haha yea i know of craig, what do you drive?

23toyota23
08-15-2003, 10:02 PM
street racing is stupid. pay the fee and take it to a drag strip if yur gonna race.

civicHBsi91
08-16-2003, 02:12 AM
street racing is stupid. pay the fee and take it to a drag strip if yur gonna race. your stupid, street racing fuels the import industry if there was no street racing it wouldent be that big

23toyota23
08-16-2003, 02:45 AM
your stupid, street racing fuels the import industry if there was no street racing it wouldent be that big

no your stupid, by street racing you can lose your license....kill yourself....or worse yet someone else.

civicHBsi91
08-16-2003, 01:02 PM
its the risk i take, ide rather street race then have nothing to do and go smoke weed or get into other gay shyt like that, ive been street racing since i had my lisence i have no tickets, points or violations im not totally stupid, if i cant pull something off i dont try it, street racing fuels the industry no matter what you say and you cant deny it

23toyota23
08-16-2003, 01:21 PM
its the risk i take, ide rather street race then have nothing to do and go smoke weed or get into other gay shyt like that, ive been street racing since i had my lisence i have no tickets, points or violations im not totally stupid, if i cant pull something off i dont try it, street racing fuels the industry no matter what you say and you cant deny it

sorry i called you stupid. just be aware of the risks you take everytime you race. yes street racing fuels the industry but you i bet your if you check your local drag strip, they have some kind of street car night you could enter in for a few bucks.

civicHBsi91
08-16-2003, 01:29 PM
i like the track and i will go, i like the streets and i do go, i know the risks and i dont do stupid shyt i try to race carefully as possible im not gonna do something stupid for a pety win on the streets

23toyota23
08-16-2003, 01:41 PM
i know the risks and i dont do stupid shyt i try to race carefully as possible im not gonna do something stupid for a pety win on the streets

like i said, as long as you know the risks and are willing to take them go ahead. but a lot of kids around here that street race have no clue how a car works let alone how to mod it thats why they are on the street.......don't want to get embarassed at the track :smile:

civicHBsi91
08-16-2003, 01:52 PM
like i said, as long as you know the risks and are willing to take them go ahead. but a lot of kids around here that street race have no clue how a car works let alone how to mod it thats why they are on the street.......don't want to get embarassed at the track

yea i know how cars work i think im doing pretty good for how young i am, i did my own swap and whatever else has gone wrong with the car, my friends are scared to goto the track cuz they think they will run slow but shyt you run what you run who gives a shyt, you can always get better

23toyota23
08-16-2003, 02:01 PM
my friends are scared to goto the track cuz they think they will run slow but shyt you run what you run who gives a shyt, you can always get better

exactly, you could have a stock civic but if you know what you were talkin about no one will make fun of you to much (cept the honda haters).

Import_fantasy
08-18-2003, 04:16 PM
i live in maryland in aa co. and the place were i see alot of street racing is on richie highway....but i totally disagree with u guys thinking theres no cops there....friday and saturday night the whole damn road is swarming with cops....everytime i cruise up there on a fri. or sat. night i see sum1 pulled over....now i live near route 100 and thats were alot of my racing goes on

civicHBsi91
08-18-2003, 04:35 PM
no one said there was no cops, there are tons of cops you just have to be smart, what kind of car do you drive?

Hyatus
08-21-2003, 01:14 PM
I'm from montgomery county and theres more underground racing going on here than you think, on every thursday and sat. night there are races on secluded areas in and around giathersberg and rockville i'm not going to tell u where because u (might be a cop) but i hope your not..........just ask people in that area we alway welcome new people and make them race first just dont ask us whats under the hood of our cars we find that disrespectfull (i dont but some do) hope to see u soon! :biggrin:

civicHBsi91
08-21-2003, 04:22 PM
thats officially retarded, ide rather goto northern and sit around awhile and watch 4 or 5 races than do that shyt, i mean racing someone set up not knowing what they have is kinda gay, if its for money, if its not then.....i geuss its still kinda dumb but whatever, atleast at northern everyone is checked out and most races are fair

fnkdrspok
09-03-2003, 10:08 PM
I don't mean to bring up an old thread that's been dead for a while but when I was in MD I lived down the street from Northern Parkway. We would then go to Woodmoor Shopping Center when we got chased off by the cops. I could never run there cause nobody wanted to run anybody that was spraying. But I know craig loud ass with the 240sx and the lil white dude with the fast ass hatch on slicks. I seen some good races that birthed at northern parkway, the race between the Nova and the Mustang on hwy 70 crash.

My point is, we went out Beltsville to race one time, leaving from nothern parkway. It was about 30 cars from that part of Baltimore, drove out there into this little industrial park. It was cars lined up waiting to run like it was an actual drag strip. I didn't see anybody run for any money tho. It had to be like 400 people in that parking lot (girls and guys) just watching the races. Bad part is, it's one way in, one way out. So if the cops blocked the entrance, you were basically stuck.

Dundalk is cool too, I don't really like blocking off an highway to race but whatever floats your boat.

FnkDrSpok

civicHBsi91
09-06-2003, 11:46 AM
they knew you were spraying a d15 and didnt want to race? i mean its quick but its not untouchable for up there, they would kick us out of the shopping center but we would goto the gas station on the corner and chill and cops would pass but wouldent come in and they would leave us alone

one night we did like 7 races where we would go out to 70 race and come back to the gas station

lately ive heard it was real hot with cops so......ohwell someone will find a new spot eventually

eaz-b
09-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Hyatus,
your not by chance talking about the big shopping area in Rockville off of 495 where everyone gathers...i think it was wed or fri, cant remember
some nice cars at that show, and at one at Arby's off of 301
anyone looking for a decent spot to test at, email me at doublecode00@aol.com
its right along 301 in Waldorf, not to hard to find
you gotta be quick to your cars though if you know what i mean =)
there's a backdoor of course, though
anyone looking to mess around, bring it on down
just wait for the CMAS break when i get of college
wed is the day

Hyatus
09-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Those spots are pretty good for around here,where are you from and BTW welcome to AF :wink:

eaz-b
09-14-2003, 09:20 PM
thanks for the welcome
im from Fort Washington but im up at frostburg right now
you should bring out the civic if you live close to waldorf
usually a good turn out at the local Circuit City parking lot on wednesdays, then we head to our spot when the cops break it up :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

soccmid
10-01-2003, 08:18 PM
wednesday night on 301 isnt bad but then we have some dumb people with crappy cars comin up and talkin shyt like they wanna fight someone or something stupid like that. havent been in a while but sam's club was the backup after the wendy's dont kno anymroe cuz i think sam's is now open. but yea check it out some peolpe up there will run.

anokpunk
10-06-2003, 08:31 PM
In Mountgomery County the hotspot would be to meet at the Starbucks on Rockville Pike around 9:00 pm on a Saturday. A lot of street racing goes on up there but it's become a hotspot for cops too. Another good place is in Baltimore. Northern Pkwy...exit 18a off i695. A lot of people meet up at the Wendys. There's also Route 50 on the metro. This is right out of DC. You'll get a $500 loitering ticket if you hang around there for too long and the cops come. There's tons of other places but you gotta look around and find em. Hope this info helps.

civicHBsi91
10-06-2003, 08:40 PM
the best thing is just to be friends or know the racers, i wont say names or what cars they drive due to safety but thats really the best way to know where races go down, big money races anyway

MOPARVengence
11-05-2003, 11:24 PM
ok well granted I am new to this board, but I'm not new to the MD area. I know this may end up sounding like I'm bashing a few of you so I am sorry I don't mean it like that only to inform and educated everyone.

I have had my days on the street and I have had my days on the track and yes there will be more of both. The thing to remeber is that there are risks in both situations and they very based on the participants. As long as you are smart about when and how you minimize the risks. I don't mean to say beware of cops, but what i do mean is to consider the street you are racing on, Metro and V Street lasted many many many years, not because cops werent there but because it was still a very safe enviornment, well lit, open, straight and flat. Also well controled. The problems came when wannabe movies came out and glorified the actions of street racing while painting a very unclear picture of what really goes on. This has lead to kids and inexperienced drivers trying to control high horsepower cars, strapping No2 to their cars and thinking its just that simple, buying the cheapest parts and putting them through the worst hell. This has lead to many people getting injured and several dying. Remeber that to build a car the right and safe way costs alot of $$$$.

Just have fun, be safe, be smart.

banditkiller
11-06-2003, 05:29 PM
:werd: I hope im not found to be trolling or post whoring sorry if I am.... But what was said was very true. Having had a brother who used to go down to metro and a few friends before they completely shut it down..... Ritchi highway is patrolled not due to all the racing.... its all the shit that goes on at the places ppl gather. Ohh yeah and Pun when i get back we are building that hatch.

2fast4u_fools
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM
whats uppeeps?if your lookin for a new spot to run at try fox run shopping center in prince frederick .(calvert county)Theres always heads out there with there civics and acuras and shit waiting to race !!And besides it's easy money there all grocery getters.lol mainly looks but theres a few that got a lil under the hood.......just watch out for the crx's and the blue accord

2fast4u_fools
11-10-2003, 01:55 AM
Whats up again.I almost forgot 2 more spots one is in waldorf on rt.301 in waldorf my hometown it is lanfill rd.If you cant gind it go to the shopping center where boston market is and im sure the street racers will be glad to show you.The 2nd one is in p.g. county right outside of waldoef by the 711 on 301 there is a power plant with a long straight stretch prolly 2 1/2 miles long that leads to the power plant back gate.ohh yeah i'm a owner of a crx with b18 motor swap dc sport header centerforce clutchoem fuel rail a aftermarket ECU short shifter snow man cold air intake with bypasser to keep the water from fuckin your shit.Oem pully's And short shifterthe car is red sittin on white 17 inch premo's.So if your around southern M.D. drop a line im down for testing the line between street racin and parkin lot sitting.

E-mail me at wicked_honda_racer_509@yahoo.com

The name is casper by the way

jnj13dmb
11-23-2003, 10:37 PM
hey just checkin out the board....i live in joppatowne, right off of rt. 40 in harford co. alot of people have been meeting up at the pep boys in white marsh on rt. 40 on sunday nights, setting up races at many different locations in that area.....if your looking for a race thats the place to check out

shadohc
11-24-2003, 11:55 AM
hey just checkin out the board....i live in joppatowne, right off of rt. 40 in harford co. alot of people have been meeting up at the pep boys in white marsh on rt. 40 on sunday nights, setting up races at many different locations in that area.....if your looking for a race thats the place to check out

i just want to thank everyone who has replied to my post thanks to me and some of my people of my group for now we have made this spot on rte 40 white marsh pep boys avalible for now until people start coming there and trashing the parking lot and other things me and my group will continue to set up the races there and if not there we will go somewhere else just like we did when we got ran out of save alot in dundalk and ames in the martin plaza but for now on sundays at rte 40 pep boys is the spot and if anything changes me or someone on this board will update a new location please keeep everyone informed on new locations thankyou for all of you cooperation shadohc

Akidosigh1
11-29-2003, 09:22 AM
There are a lot of places in MD. but none are too big.

We have 3 spots around here in forestville but 1 is down until probably spring. 1 is on penn ave right before the DC line(old muscle cars). the other is on penn ave going south right before the woodyard road ramp(motorcycles). then there is central ave right next to 301 on the south side. RT 1 in beltsville, i've seen them meet but never race. i went out to northern parkway last saturday right when the cops came. everyone went to home depot on rt 40 and set up races and then road out to rt 70 park and ride. the people that did race had some fast cars. i've heard about people racing out by waldorf, never seen it though.

for all the people who used to race at metro, you all gave up to easy. back like 15 years ago when my brother raced, garden city drive wasn't the main strip. the main strip was on MLK right by the rt 50 bridge. for anyone that can see it in there heads, there is at least 3 lanes on each side of the highway at this particular section, each side of the high way has wide shoulders good for parking, and for the scared people, there is parking in the businesses on both sides of MLK with clear view of the street. there is no traffic around racing times either. and ways out? there are 4 ways onto rt 50, there is MLK itself and forbes blvd is close, wittfield chapel rd is close, and you can weave through the business parking lots to get out. there is more ways out of MLK than there was on Garden City Dr. Its better, more space to race and park, safer because the highway is divided unlike on garden city, 1 person had to be on the wrong side and it will take a lot more cops to block off MLK than it did on garden city drive. last thing, if you are a racer, you should have a car that is somewhat quick/fast... if not why are you racing? the point is, you know there are going to be a lot of slow cars there so if the cops come, who gets caught first?

OnLyHoTgUrLrAcEr
12-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey everyone. Im tryin to get some of the baddest racers(including me) from Maryland to go race in newark and show all the DE and NJ racers what MD iz all about. I already have ppl goin from VA, WV, NC, OH, PA, NY, and FL. Email me at kuwuljj@cs.com for more info. There is already about 150 ppl going.

civicHBsi91
12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
will a mod please lock this thread :banghead:

shadohc
12-23-2003, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=will a mod please lock this thread :banghead:[/QUOTE]

civicHBsi91 just because you have a slow car does not mean you have to be jealous and shut my thread down if you dont like it dont post here

civicHBsi91
12-24-2003, 10:08 AM
lol, please buddy, this thread is old as shyt and random dumb newbies come in and post stupid ass things....LOCK IT!

shadohc
12-24-2003, 11:15 AM
lol, please buddy, this thread is old as shyt and random dumb newbies come in and post stupid ass things....LOCK IT!
the point of this thread is to keep it going so people like you and me can find new spots when the cops run us out of a area like this weekend at northern parkway we go ran out of everywhere and special people like jason hunt norris prayonto and kenny supra were all out norris brought like 15 cars down here and no where to race because we got ran out of everywhere so keep em coming l would like to hear about any new locations

civicHBsi91
12-24-2003, 11:45 AM
so make a new thread as it progresses, i havent even been going to any spots, but ill deff be out there when i get the ls turbo setup done, probably spring or summer, not to worried about racing this winter

knorwj
12-24-2003, 12:43 PM
the point of this thread is to keep it going so people like you and me can find new spots when the cops run us out of a area like this weekend at northern parkway we go ran out of everywhere and special people like jason hunt norris prayonto and kenny supra were all out norris brought like 15 cars down here and no where to race because we got ran out of everywhere so keep em coming l would like to hear about any new locations

did you ever think that organizing illegal street racing on an open forum is probably just about the stupidest thing you could do???? maybe the reason you keep gettin shut down is because somebody is reading this and then going out and busting you, for all you know I could be a maryland state trooper, but you wouldn't know and I could ask you where you were meeting up etc, etc.

the mods have already said that races, challenges etc. are to be spoken in PM. only time to be posted is after the fact to let people know the outcome.

To be quite honest this thread ranks right up there with the gs-r vs z24 thread in my most annoying, oh god why hasn't it died yet list of threads.

Akidosigh1
12-24-2003, 02:48 PM
so i'm a random dumb newbie civic HB? you don't knwo me and i'm new to nothing but this forum. i've been racing the DC area for at least 5 years. i was a faithful at metro and now its back again so i don't think you could know more about that than me. u must be happy to have posted over 2000 posts. i'm glad you have that much time to talk about cars instead of working on them. and if you think i'm just some dumb newbie, u can catch me on penn ave by the dc line and we'll see just how dumb this newbie really is

civicHBsi91
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
did i say your fukin name? no! quit your bitchin just cuz you've been at the races for 5 years doesent mean you know anything, i never made it to the old metro but ive seen plenty of videos from friends and you could hear people talking and not many sounded to smart "yo that shyt right there is a lightning yo that shyt is nice wit da big rims, but yo dat firebird is hott son with the hood scoops, its gonna be a good race yo" thats all i heard on those tapes, ok i posted 2000 posts in 2 years so what, i do all the work to my car and ive done work on my friends cars as well, and i wasent reffering to you i didnt even read your post i read whoever posted after you and reply on that, please dont get on my case for something i never did to you, and ill be glad to race you when i get my new setup running :)

Akidosigh1
12-24-2003, 03:28 PM
i'm so sorry sir, i didn't know you weren't referring to me. i'm just one of those weak DSMers who talks a lot of trash. there were a lot of people out a metro who didn't know what they were talking about. thats what happens when a movie comes out and everyone thinks there accord wagon is a race car.

also, i didn't know that this thread had all these responses. I get emails when someone replies to a thread i wrote on and the only email i got about this one was yours so i responded to you. my bad but it happens.

knorwj, cops know about metro. they know about all the strips that i go to... cops aren't stupid. i'm not arguing with you. it would be stupid to post new spots where nobody knows but if cops already know, whats the point in acting like its not there. Metro is an old spot and last weekend when people were racing, cops came and broke it up. so its not a secret to them, they've been doing it for years.

banditkiller
12-25-2003, 12:18 AM
LS turbo?.... What happened to hachew?.... Either way Akidosigh you have a new pm.

85camaro
12-26-2003, 01:43 AM

85stang
01-22-2004, 09:14 PM
hey ive been going to parkway since the early 90's and its not like it use to be but were trying to get the race scene back to how it use to be.anyone intrested with fast cars email me at indukted1@aol.com

Mythiesis
01-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm a newbie... right now I'm in the market for a car so don't even ask about my POS 2.2L S-10. But I am looking for someone to help me out persay a mentor in the MD area, I'm out here in Arnold and I love fast cars and I need one of my own. E-mail me, Mythiesis@hotmail.com

Americanmuscle59
11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
i want in on the maryland street racing scene i know some places to race at im not a cop let me know when theres a race and ill prove it

Americanmuscle59
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
yo man i want in on the street racing how do i start?

CarAnticsCom
08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
http://carantics.com

Add your comment to this topic!