Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dodge SRT-4 vs. EVO/STi/WRX

streetracer7
08-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Hey i just purchased a dodge SRT-4 and i think its totally awesome... but i havent gotten ta race it or stuff like that yet... and before i go racing certain cars like the Lancer EVO, WRX STi, and normal WRX, i kinda want to get a sense on how a STOCK SRT-4 would put up against these cars... i do have some mod plans in the future including: Stage 3 upgrade kit (when available), short throw shifter, lsd (when available), K&N air filter, ram air intake, TurboXS SRT4 Boost Upgrade Kit, Turbo XS High Performance Boost Controller, SRT-4 Strut Tower Bar, Euro style tail lights, ATP Turbo Upgraded Pressure Pipe with BOV Mount, and a couple other small things... i know that when i'm done with all this my car will be total kick-ass and will be able to smoke the evo and Sti, but how would i do before i mod it up? o and for the ppl that favor evos and sti's, my mods would cost me about 6500-7000 dollars extra after my cost of 20k for the car, which leaves me with a few thousand dollars left in my pocket for a faster car than the evo/STi. Any suggestions?

Polygon
08-11-2003, 04:27 PM
After those mods you "shoudl" be able to take a stock STi and Evo. Stock for sotck though, they have you beat in every way.

Also, before you go racing anyone, put at least two thousand miles on your odometer and break in the engine correctly. If you don't you might have engine problems in the future.

shohan
08-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Download some clips form iMesh or Kazaa.

SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.wmv - Shows stock SRT-4 / WRX / Talon TSi
Good video. WRX takes the lead with TSi then SRT right behind. Get into the top end of the cars and the SRT pulls away from the other two like a champ!

Polygon
08-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Oh yeah, the normal WRX will take you on the launch, but you will quickly pull ahead of him and keep pulling away. However; stock the STi and EVo will take you hands down.

Add your comment to this topic!