Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pni Rx5000

igor@af
11-23-2001, 02:47 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am happy to announce something that every auto enthusiast will be excited to hear.
AutomotiveForums.com members can get this remarkably awesome radar detector:
http://www.pnicorp.com/radar-laser-and-ladar-detector-products/rx5000-radar-laser-detector.html
at a very incredible price. You won't pay the $199.95 MSRP price, you won't pay the $179.75 price you see on the page above - you will just have to find out how much it will really cost you by clicking on the banner when you see it displayed here on AF. The price is a limited time promotion and is NOT permanent.
Once you find out how much it costs, think analytically-
One ticket could easily cost you over $100 or even $150.
This radar detector is one of the most high-tech out there, and its value will be justified if it saves you just once, but that is the worst case scenario, it will most likely save you numerous times, thus saving you hundreds of dollars.
So, give it a 1 minute's thought, you should realize that this is a bargain.
Above all of the above, by purchasing this radar detector, not only are you saving yourself some money and pain in the long run, you are also helping support your favorite website: AutomotiveForums.com :)

mmcc
11-23-2001, 03:10 PM
does anybody know if this radar detector (PNI Corp. RX5000) would work in New Zealand?

Rich
11-23-2001, 04:49 PM
Id get one, but they are illegal where I live. The cops will slap ya with a fat fine, if you get pulled over and you have one.

Heep
11-23-2001, 06:53 PM
I also would most definitely get one, especially for the great AF price, but they're illegal where I'm from too :(

johnm78
11-24-2001, 12:15 AM
where i live, they are illegal to USE, but not to own. so when (if) we get pulled over, we just turn them off! i don't know for sure, but i suspect this is really the case in many other places. may want to recheck local laws. in spite of the fact that we are allowed to possess one legally, though, if we get pulled over with one on the dash, a ticket is almost certain to follow! just a thought...

kris
11-24-2001, 12:55 AM
A good place to start looking from is www.speedtrap.com

Chris
11-24-2001, 04:37 PM
I want a detector, and may buy this one. In Canada, they are illegal to use , so turn it off and put it under the seat. They cant search your car anyway, so its not too bad.

igor@af
11-24-2001, 04:41 PM
Guys, this one is a real giveaway at the price that they're selling it at.. and it's not a permanent price.. just a promotional offer for a limited time... if you see the banner, it will say $179.95, but if you actually click on it , you will find out the real price for AF members.

Chris
11-24-2001, 04:54 PM
I was all geared up to buy it on a whim, and it asked for a credit card number.

Also, on the Canadian order form it says its $179.95 Is that in Canadian dollars or American. If its Canadian, I should buy it Tuesday.

Chris25t
11-24-2001, 07:59 PM
Good price
Does this discount only apply to USA as when I click on "Outside North America" the price reverts to $179.
Would these work in Australia?
Cheers
Chris

speediva
11-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Sadly, in PA radar detectors are LEGAL but only state troopers are allowed to use radar. Local municipalities mostly use VASCAR so a radar detector does me no good. :( Sorry, Igor!

igor@af
11-25-2001, 10:11 AM
Guys, I suggest it would be best to contact PNI people about all your question, I simply am not qualified and I do not represent their company.

PNI Corp:
Tel - (888)422-6672
International tel- (707)566-2260
Product Orders/Pricing/Delivery -
Sales@pnicorp.com

GTS-4 Ben
11-25-2001, 02:29 PM
Already got a V1 :D

nubiannupe
11-25-2001, 03:52 PM
This is a pretty good deal, peeps!! :D :D

johnny
11-25-2001, 07:40 PM
Mebbe if I knew all the little intricacies of how a radar detector worked, I would be more interested in buying one.

ragt20
11-25-2001, 08:26 PM
Even though we can use them over here....I don't think I'll bother getting one.........most of the roads I travel on I know where the speed cameras are.....so i just slow down when approaching them and then apeed up after going past them..........but some of the new digital cameras they have in some parts of the uk...it doesn't matter wether U have a dector or not, as there are cameras and sensors placed along the whole of the Mway, thus your speed can be caught at anytime you are speedin...........:mad: :devil: :mad:

Sleepy
11-26-2001, 10:22 AM
it comes up at the same price for me is the offer over?

igor@af
11-26-2001, 02:59 PM
Nope, I still see the low price. :)

CivicRacerX
11-26-2001, 03:11 PM
I know a lot of the places around me use VASCAR - what is it, and how is it different from the radar that state troopers use?

kris
11-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by CivicRacerX
I know a lot of the places around me use VASCAR - what is it, and how is it different from the radar that state troopers use?

Damn, I love the internet. http://www.signalsystems.co.za/vascar1.htm

LokiSLE
11-27-2001, 07:58 PM
I think they are pointless...plus I never get pulled over anymore, since i got my truck...

Johns777
12-03-2001, 07:53 PM
I got this radar detector in my car. Works really well.

Lambo_BoY
12-04-2001, 03:59 AM
The coppers have some sort of things that can detect anything that is trying to pick up Police freqencies and anti radar things....

Johns777
12-04-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Lambo_BoY
The coppers have some sort of things that can detect anything that is trying to pick up Police freqencies and anti radar things....

Yep they have radar detector detectors. It is called Vg-2 this scanner has a mode that detects when a cop is trying to see who has a radar detector and goes into a hidden mode.

rEVOlution
12-04-2001, 08:06 PM
That sounds like a good radar detector buuut I was thinkin about getting the Valentine One...anyone heard of it?
http://www.valentine1.com/home.asp

Johns777
12-04-2001, 08:39 PM
If you got that kind of money to buy a Valentine with I say go for it. They are the best radar detector company out there but there extremely expensive.

berettagtz26
12-05-2001, 06:48 AM
i was driving around one day, out by t-bones in pittsburgh pa, i got busted for going 3 miles an hour over the speed limit. the cop was a state trooper so he used a radar gun to get me, but most of the cops around here have to use the lines on the ground.

Johns777
12-05-2001, 03:16 PM
You got busted for going 3 over???? LMAO. The cops aint that strict here still slow down though to the limit jus in case. They busted me for going 24 miles over once and 10 miles over another time.

SkyNex721
12-08-2001, 11:52 AM
Does this detect radar frequencies in a 360 area?

apintojr
12-08-2001, 05:57 PM
If all those who live in a radar illegal world there is hope. i dont know the name of the radar company but there are radars that are hidden. The radar sensor goes behing your front grill or bumper and in the rear bumper with a control panel that can be made to fit your dash do if u were to get pulled over the piglets would have no idea u have a radar. My dealer ship offers the radar but i forgot. and it aint cheap either.

Johns777
12-09-2001, 12:58 AM
yeah this detector has 360 on it.

Chris
12-09-2001, 09:11 AM
apintojr, there is another way to hide your detector. If you get pulled over, put it in your glovebox. The cops arent allowed to search your car, so you wont get busted

:)

Johns777
12-09-2001, 07:15 PM
All the cop has to do is tell you to wait go to there car call in a request to search your car and boom they can. Its that easy for them all they have to say is they suspect you are hiding something. So hiding it in the glove box dont do to much good.

SkyNex721
12-09-2001, 08:44 PM
One good thing about Tx, is that radar detectors are legal. But if a cop sees you with it, he ain't too happy. I had a cop following me for almost an hour waiting for to do something illegal.

Chris
12-10-2001, 01:20 PM
All the cop has to do is tell you to wait go to there car call in a request to search your car and boom they can. Its that easy for them all they have to say is they suspect you are hiding something. So hiding it in the glove box dont do to much good

U could also slip it under your seat, and if you act normal, then they wont bother searching. My mom once went 120kph in a 50kph, then she ran into Tim Hortons (donut shop) The cop didnt follow or check the car (she could've gone to the washroom to flush drugs)

LsvtecHatch
12-11-2001, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Chris
(she could've gone to the washroom to flush drugs)

You got a cool mom
:smoker2:

Chris
12-11-2001, 01:21 PM
Yah, I like her. She lets me do way more than my dad.

IceHeart400
12-12-2001, 12:45 PM
Speeding ticket of $100 to $150? Hahahahahah Maybe if your's doing 5 over. I just got a speeding ticket about 2 weeks ago. $280 US. Of course I was also moving. And as far as radar detectors being illegal, I see those blue lights come on, I reach up, pull my detecor off the windsheild, unplug it, and have it hidden in the pocket of my center console in under 15 seconds. Tis all it takes, and unless you open fire, or act highly suspicious, the car's not going to get searched. If cops feel the need to search your car, it's likely that a radar detector is the least of your illegal items in it. :sun: And I do have a radar detector, it is pretty reliable, though it doesn't offer the VG2 cloaking. Ah well, doesn't bother me, I've gotten good at spotting cops as well, and I know where they like to hide around me.

IceHeart from FL

taranaki
12-15-2001, 06:40 AM
I drive a Diesel.....Speeding tickets are a fantasy for me!!!!!:(

Kappasocer08
12-17-2001, 11:10 AM
I tried and I didnt see any special offer. Could you help me out. I need one...16 y/o with a speeding ticket...not pretty!

igor@af
12-17-2001, 02:42 PM
The special offer is there.. you need to click on the PNI banner that you see on this site and it will come up. :)

SkyNex721
12-17-2001, 11:46 PM
How long is the special offer gonna be there? I was gonna buy the radar detector this month, but I found a nice pair of 95 GSR rims that I bought.

igor@af
12-18-2001, 06:45 AM
I am not too sure.. that is up to PNI, but they did tell me that this is a special promotional offer and it won't be here forever.

tanjwarrior
12-23-2001, 08:08 AM
There are a couple of things to remember when purchasing a radar detector:
1. Is it legal to have one where you live? I don't mean that you can't own one, but if you get pulled over and the policeman sees it, are you going to get a ticket for having it and will it be taken from you? Also, there is such a device that detects radar detectors! Some places use them. Your radar detector puts out EMI at the frequencies that it is listening for a police radar. A detector can pick up that EMI and the cops will pull you over for having a radar detector in operation.
2. Your driving habits! Even with the best radar detector, you must change you driving habits and drive smart. Many police drive or sit with the radar gun on standby waiting for a possible speeder. When it looks good, they turn on the radar. Your detector won't save you then! You just don't go out and speed thinking you are safe! Use your brains and watch the road ahead and behind. Open spaces give you plenty of warning. Twisting roads or even hills can block and reflect radar pulses that your detector would have picked up a mile or two sooner.

My detector even has GPS built-in. But I still use my head!

Add your comment to this topic!