Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

g35 noisy???

CHaserTourv
07-18-2003, 09:58 PM
i found wen i test drove the infiniti g35 that it was noisy!!! so i jus wanna kno if anybody else found that to

thePreacher
07-19-2003, 09:43 AM
what type of noise ? outside noise ? engine noise ? if its engine noise, then yeah i heard it but its a good type of noise :D beautiful purr

SilkE
07-19-2003, 11:21 PM
You must be referring to the exhaust noise. It's awesome:smokin:!!

ImportFreak
07-21-2003, 09:18 AM
goood! thats a good noise! i cant wait till sept :-D

infinIC
08-07-2003, 05:45 PM
only noise is the sweet rumble of the engine and exhaust...nothing else...

MX100
08-10-2003, 09:52 PM
they did it for a purpose
it's a SPORT SEDAN~ :bigthumb:
I luv it! but the COUPE sounds way way better!

zbr_g35
01-28-2004, 08:56 PM
yeah -- it is really noisy...roadnoise from the sport tires on the 18" wheels. I talked to the dealer about it, and he agreed they get a lot of complaints about it and they ALL have the same noise problem. Again, supposedly it's the tires. I am looking into getting DynaMat installed to dampen the sound coming from the wheelwells or i'll eventually change the tires. Anyone who really drives the G35c shares this frustrating aspect of an otherwise GREAT car....maybe they are driving with the windows down to hear the exhaust or listening to the stereo.

i found wen i test drove the infiniti g35 that it was noisy!!! so i jus wanna kno if anybody else found that to

aznxthuggie
02-11-2004, 08:18 PM
i duno about u guys but im not complaining about the noise.. if i got a g35 i would spend most of my driving with the windows down listenin to the roar from the engine.. and if u guys haven't noticed in japan the g35 is a skyline (not gtr) i think i should go test drive a g35

Blufire
02-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Ohh man... the exhaust note is beautiful... no upgrades needed.

BTW, I don't get the whole G35/Skyline relation. I've seen pictures of both and they don't really look the same at all, plus the fact that they seem to have different engines.

aznxthuggie
02-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Ohh man... the exhaust note is beautiful... no upgrades needed.

BTW, I don't get the whole G35/Skyline relation. I've seen pictures of both and they don't really look the same at all, plus the fact that they seem to have different engines.

http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/index2.html
look at the link.. it shows you that the g35 IS the skyline.. so i wouldn't mind my sports car making lots of noise.. also the skyline gtr isn't out yet.. so you shouldn't expect the g35 to have that much power

and i need to ask any skyline experts.. in japan they limit car companies to have a 275/280hp limit.. but in real world tests.. the nsx/supra/r34gtr etc are all different speeds with 280hp.. i wuna know how fast the r34 gtr really is.. i know that the r33 gtr might actually be 280hp.. but when those 2 cars are raced stock.. the r34 wins by alot.. and on a website.. they dyno'd the r34 and found it to have about 340whp.. someone plz clear this up for me

SimonTheOzzie
05-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Blufire, wake up man. They are identical cars. In September of last year the downloadable Infiniti G35c brochure had the standard rear picture of the coupe (in caribbean blue) driving down a freeway (with modern 'pointy' lights - you all know the picture, yeah?) if you 'zoomed on the rear badging, guess what you see written there (hint: it ain't infiniti). They changed the US brochure in Nov/Dec '03.

The Skyline has always been a Nissan staple in the four-seater (2+2) sports category. The other hint is in the Infiniti model designation: G35. Previous Skylines are the R33 and R34. They changed to G since the previous models have turbocharged (or twin or none) 4-cylinder motors. Since this one has a V6, they changed R to G series.

And yes, I do own a 6-speed coupe - not talking out of my arse. AND I lived in a country where Skyline has been a brand for years and years.

PS: ALL Infinitis are from Japan - none are US-made, designed or built. They are slightly modified for local tastes, but NOT the G35.

Count yourselves lucky. the G35 is only available in a handful of countries.

SimonTheOzzie
05-24-2004, 12:18 AM
http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/index2.html
look at the link.. it shows you that the g35 IS the skyline.. so i wouldn't mind my sports car making lots of noise.. also the skyline gtr isn't out yet.. so you shouldn't expect the g35 to have that much power

and i need to ask any skyline experts.. in japan they limit car companies to have a 275/280hp limit.. but in real world tests.. the nsx/supra/r34gtr etc are all different speeds with 280hp.. i wuna know how fast the r34 gtr really is.. i know that the r33 gtr might actually be 280hp.. but when those 2 cars are raced stock.. the r34 wins by alot.. and on a website.. they dyno'd the r34 and found it to have about 340whp.. someone plz clear this up for me

You're right! It IS 280HP (206Kw) but it's what's known as a 'gentlemans agreement' (not enforceable) and also no-one stipulated where that has to be measured - hence why you get R34 twin-turbos that measure 210KW - at the back wheels, baby! yeah!

Toyota Supra twin-turbo is the same, regularly Dyno'ed at 210KW stock at the back wheels...gotta love loopholes...

MunG35
05-24-2004, 12:21 AM
we bought a TL instead of a G35... TL is more roomier and less conceptual but i still love the g35... i'm saving for a coupe as we speak

Add your comment to this topic!