Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S-Type is one fo the best looking sedans out today

vectorclub
11-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Those who enjoy classic styling would agree that the S-type is a wonderful looking sedan. The S-type makes nice use of styling ques from the Jag's of the past. The only weak spot in the styling is the rear end of the car. It needed a more distictive design like the old S-types. The rear of the current S-type can be mistaken for a variety of other sedans. It seems like many manuafctures don't spend to much time making the rear of their cars stylish. Overall Jaguar has been making good looking cars from day one. I just couldn't stand those bland square head lights they put on the Jag XJ6 and XJ8 in the 1980s.

Jag_man_v12
02-25-2002, 07:52 AM
I agree and Disagree with the S type back end I agree lookds just like everthing else but the reat is just plain yuck Ill be sorry to see the currant Xj series go gos that is the last link in Jaguar's heritage

EvilPopTarts
05-15-2002, 09:10 AM
I work on Jags for a living. Though the S-Type may look good on the outside, I see some disturbing stuff when I look under the sheet metal. Jaguars are Fords and with the introduction of the S-Type this became more evident than ever. The design of the radiator support came straight from a Ford Taurus. Getting parts for these new Ford cars is becoming as difficult as getting parts for any other Ford's. I hate working on these cars now..

jsb88
10-31-2002, 09:44 AM
I see what you mean.

KeithG1
10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I own an S-Type - beauty is skin deep and I feel ripped off.

I am on the 4th replacement transmission on this car and Jaguar couldn't care less. They DO NOT stand behind there product and have offered me NOTHING for all the problems they have caused me. I feel like a fool having paid as much as I did for such a piece of garbage.

Presley348
10-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I own an S-Type - beauty is skin deep and I feel ripped off.

I am on the 4th replacement transmission on this car and Jaguar couldn't care less. They DO NOT stand behind there product and have offered me NOTHING for all the problems they have caused me. I feel like a fool having paid as much as I did for such a piece of garbage.

================================================== ====

Have you tried the "Lemon Law". I read here in the forum where another 2002 Jaguar S type owner had the same problem as you did and he or she got tie lemon law to take effect and bought back their Jag Type, and the dealer ordered him as new 2005 S type!

I wish you the best with your Jag issue.

Sincerely,

Presley348 :smokin:

PS,

Be sure to keep us informed what happens!

Add your comment to this topic!