Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Srt-4 ????

wrxstisoon
07-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I finally had to make a post about this subject. I keep hearing people comment on the new specs regarding 2004 Srt-4's. I could very easily be wrong but as far as i know Dodge has not said anything about next years model. Ive heard people talking about how the next years model is alot pricer and how it has LSD. On the SRT forums i even read a thread where this guy said he waited to buy the 2004 model so he could have LSD. I was like WTF??? theres no such thing and this guy says he owns one. Even on this forum ive read numerous times about the new specs of the 2004 model. I even see people that put down 2004 for the year model they think there car is. All srt-4's are 2003 guys, re-check your manual . I usally never post any negative type comments on any forum but this is getting out of hand on 3 diffrent forums i go to. If there is anything anywhere about the 2004 models please prove me wrong. I would love to know about it. I'm someone who truly is waiting for the 2004 model to buy. I've scratched out the STI because of money issues. I hope the 2004 will have LSD and stay at 20 grand area. I wouldnt be suprised if they raised it to 25 like the normal WRX.

p.s. Im still new to this forum and i like it so far but there seems to be a super young crowd that loves to tell tall tales. Espcially when its comes to street racing. I can't be the only one who see's this on a daily basis can I? I can tell theres alot of super bright car nuts here too and i respect that totaly. I come here for knowledge and usally leave with it. I also leave with a some laughter as well after reading some of these posts.

wrxstisoon
07-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Come on guys....wheres all the people talking about the 2004 models. I'll even help one of you remember what you said. Sarcastic you say? well maybe. But im tired of these fibbers insulting our intelligence.

Originally posted by Scatch!

The '04s have the LSD factory installed. :) Of course, the '04 is a bit more expensive...

wrxstisoon
07-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Case Closed :rolleyes:

dropmech
07-14-2003, 08:20 PM
WRXSTISOON
You are absolutely right. The fact of the matter is, is this forum and a lot of other forums serve as a platform for rumors. It's like that game you plyed when you were young, telephone. You whisper something into someone's ear and by the time it gets back to you, it's completely different. There is no LSD in the 04 model. DCX is quick to point out that a lot of what is being said in these forums is made up. Just look at dodge's web sites and mopar's website. Believe it or not, they do post info there!

SRT4Rocks
08-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Here are the differences between the 2003 and 2004 models.
http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/neon/index.htm

Talked to salesmanager. Confimed.
-John

Scatch!
08-20-2003, 10:15 PM
WRXSTISOON
There is no LSD in the 04 model.

I agree with what you said,except the above, which is wrong. There /is/ a LSD for '04, as well as a sunroof option, and the yellow paint color is dropped in places of the Electric Blue that is on the PT Turbo. Even with the addition of an LSD the base price has only been raised about $1000.

wrxstisoon, anyone who told you they had an '04 SRT-4 in their possesion is either stupid or lying. I think they can place an order, though.

Neutrino
08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
why do you even care if the 04 has lsd or not.....mopar has or will be soon selling a quaife lsd (and for handling there's none better).....so just have this one installed

Scatch!
08-21-2003, 10:53 PM
why do you even care if the 04 has lsd or not.....mopar has or will be soon selling a quaife lsd (and for handling there's none better).....so just have this one installed

Why would you prefer to install an LSD if the car comes from the factory with in installed, and for less money?

Neutrino
08-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Why would you prefer to install an LSD if the car comes from the factory with in installed, and for less money?

well if the lsd that will come from the factory will not be a quaife....i would stick with the mopar aftermarket one.....

if it comes with a quaife then even better....

Steiner
08-29-2003, 11:30 PM
I've been researching the SRT-4 like a mad-man this week so I've pretty much discovered through trial and error what's BS and what's accurate. I've also spent hours on the phone w/various Dodge dealers in Northern California trying to locate one of these bad boys for a test drive. I found one in Lafayette but the dealer had already sold it over the phone to some guy in Sacramento so I wasn't able to actually test drive it. However, I was able to start it, hear how it sounded, and then see how and if the interior would accomodate my 6'3'' 230 lb frame. Wow. Plenty of head room and leg room in the front and rear. I guess that whole "cab-forward" thing WAS for real. Too bad those racing seats are made for skinny people under 5' 10'' with hips like a 3 year old. Oh well...I'll upgrade to the side impact air bags package and sit comfortably in the high back "non racing" seats. ;)

http://www.daimlerchrysler.de/mediasite/pdf_ah/neon_2004CY.pdf

Above is the official press release for all of the 2004 Neon models and below are the facts I know to be true...

The 2004's are not at the dealers yet. In fact, the factory in Illinois has not even begun production of the new models. Furthermore, dealers do not even have an ETA as to when the first 2004's will roll off the trucks and into their lots. If a saleman tells you he knows, then he's lying to you. They may be making an educated guess based on their past experiences, but SRT-4 is a special production model and not even Dodge Corporate has press released an ETA or production quantity yet. If it's known internally, nobody from Dodge has leaked it. Late October or early November would be a conservative estimate. Late September or early October would be an optimistic estimate. I think it's safe to say you'll be seeing them on the roads by November at the latest. MSRP will be $1000 to $2000 higher, although some of the slimiest dealers will inevitably be charging additional costs (whetever the hell they choose to spin them as..."aquisition fees" most likely) in order to take advantage of the very high demand and relatively short supply. "Solar Yellow" is out and "Electric Blue" is in as exterior paint options.

http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/neon/images/2004_srt4_blue_big.jpg

Red, Black, and Silver will still be available. Because of a new engine control module and larger fuel injectors horsepower is now increased to 230 hp and torque peaks at 250 lb/ft. A Quaife LSD is now standard as are new 3 season BF Goodrich tires. The racing seats remain standard, but you now get the option of 2 different types of seats when you choose the side impact airbags option. One has a headrest. The other doesn't. Other new options include color coordinated pedal pads and a sunroof package. No word if Dodge will offer a factory sound system with a subwoofer, although most dealers I spoke to vowed to offer some sort of high-end dealer installed sound system if the factory dropped the ball again. Of course that's specific to your dealer of choice if you want that feature in your car when you drive it off the lot.

For those of us hoping to land our hands on a 2004 I recommend a couple things. In order to avoid slimy dealer extortion-like fees, call a couple SRT-4 dealers in your area and let them know what features/colors/accesories you are looking for. Depending on when you call, you'll probably be the first person they call once the car arrives. If you have contacted more than one dealer in your area, you'll be getting a couple of these calls around the same time. That competition should give you a little leverage at the bargaining table. Remember baby, it's capitalism! And that means it's us against them until you drive off that lot. Good luck.

Also...please lemme know if I'm wrong about anything I said here. I'd rather know the truth and be wrong than think I'm right. :)

Scatch!
09-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Excellent post, Steiner! I'm glad to get confirmation that the LSD will definitely be a Quaife. Thanks!

I find it funny that DC isn't keeping the SRT-4 and the Neon so far apart anymore. It's almost as if *gasp* they are admitting that the SRT-4 is indeed a Neon. Can you imagine? :lol2:

kotu100
09-14-2003, 05:37 PM
yea well i know this post is kinda old but i just had to say... its not that hard to get a 2004 srt-4 in fact i just got mine last week. its silver and its got BFGoodrich G-force tires (stock) in place of the michelin pilot sport tires. it does have the LSD cuz i can feel it pullin the car around a corner instead of the inside tire just coming loose. as for the extra power... i wouldnt know i never drove a 2003. btw if ya want some pics i can sent u some just hit me up on aim @ kotu100

p.s. i already smoked my fair share of beemers and 1 porsche

Add your comment to this topic!