Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Grinding noise wide right turn

bobby5012
09-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Hi Folks. My RAM promaster City 2020 is making a grinding noise when making a wide right turn. The dealerships don't have appointments for months, so just trying to get some expert feedback to help me decide next steps (private local auto service) if urgent. Thank you in advance!

Click this link to hear the noise: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DN34wW69KMRSc5okvaYvciPuOWk-RMF/view?usp=sharing

fredjacksonsan
09-23-2022, 03:56 PM
How many miles on it? DC traffic is brutal on brakes, so that's my first guess.

zeth4500
10-06-2022, 09:23 AM
i have a guess- check if this noise is at the front, on my peugeot 406 there was a very thin steel plate completely missing, this is a heatshield that blocks hot brakes from overheating rubber, it was attached just under the spring. i have attempted to put my own on but didnt do it right and first try it made diabolic screeching noises. this thing might have rusted up and is scraping against the brake disc
get the machine up on a lift and check if anything scrapes against at the front while turning the wheel and turning the front wheels

otherwise theres a stabilizer rod on the back which engages while you turn, it may also be something about that- youre looking for something getting stuck while you turn thats my 2 guesses for something making noise when turning

Bluesmurfette
10-14-2022, 12:41 PM
Honestly check another dealership or Machenic who can look at it in person! Solving car problems online is like looking for a caught symptom reason 😂 it’s always the big C and always wrong!

aleekat
10-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Aren't you under warranty?

Add your comment to this topic!