Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too short seat, what to do?

MikeAutos
12-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Hi there,

I am about to buy a sub-compact but I find the seat too short, no support for the legs. Apart from cushions and other things that go on top of the seat, is there a way to modify the seat base (structure) to get the front part of the seat higher?

Thanks

fredjacksonsan
12-27-2021, 06:46 PM
I know you are after the base model, but if you bring it up a trim level you might get electric seats. Just an idea

fredjacksonsan
12-28-2021, 01:17 AM
It would also help if you said what make and model you intend to buy.

MikeAutos
12-28-2021, 08:51 AM
It would also help if you said what make and model you intend to buy.

Thanks for your answer Fred. I am looking at the Nissan Qashqai SL, it's the most equipped so I would have the electric seats. I cannot find a comfortable position to drive. What I would need is to change the angle of the seat, to raise the front part of it. It may be possible to add a little metal bracket in the seat leg (base frame) but I wonder if it would be legal.

Thank you
Mike

fredjacksonsan
12-28-2021, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure on Canadian Law about raising the front of the seat that way. But what I DO know is that a few years ago, I got a vehicle that I loved that was just what I wanted. But the test drive was too short to show me that the seat was in no way comfortable on a long trip. I got really bad hot spots on anything more than maybe 30 minutes' worth of driving, and in the 6,000 miles / 10,000 km that I had it, I was comfortable for only about 3 hours.

So based on those two things, it might be time to look elsewhere for your new vehicle. Having seats that are comfortable ranks high on the list. If you're over 20-25 years old, then "getting used to the seats" really isn't an option.

:2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!