Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car seat space

yaronn01
11-16-2021, 11:46 PM
I want to buy a car and want good space for two car seats in the back. I'm not sure which measurement / specification correlates to it. for example a lot of online sources say cx-5 is tight while acure rdx has more space. however the "rear seat legroom space" official measurement is actually larger on cx-5. which measurement can I count on to quickly determine which cars are better for car seat?

fredjacksonsan
11-18-2021, 02:19 PM
I want to buy a car and want good space for two car seats in the back. I'm not sure which measurement / specification correlates to it. for example a lot of online sources say cx-5 is tight while acure rdx has more space. however the "rear seat legroom space" official measurement is actually larger on cx-5. which measurement can I count on to quickly determine which cars are better for car seat?

My experience with this: you can't count on what is published....got to go in person and try the seats in the vehicle.

Measuring points are not the same from make to make - and you might be taller or shorter and have the seat in a different position than when it was measured.

So in your place I'd find the vehicles you're interested in, and go take a test drive with your child seats in hand, to check the fit.

(Personal opinion: neither CX-5 nor RDX will have enough room for car seats if you're anywhere 5'10" or more)

Add your comment to this topic!