Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Purchasing vehicle for first time

jessw
08-28-2021, 08:37 PM
Hello there. My current vehicle that was given to me is finally at the end of its life. I知 looking to purchase a small/medium sized SUV. I知 new to car purchasing. I think I値l likely buy used. Something a few years old maybe. $20000 is max for my budget.

What brands/makes/models do you guys recommend? I知 looking for something with AWD to get through snow in the winter.

Which brands/models should I avoid?

I want a safe, reliable vehicle for commuting to work and general use.

Any and all insights appreciated!

-Jessw :)

RidingOnRailz
08-29-2021, 06:12 AM
Hello there. My current vehicle that was given to me is finally at the end of its life. I知 looking to purchase a small/medium sized SUV. I知 new to car purchasing. I think I値l likely buy used. Something a few years old maybe. $20000 is max for my budget.

What brands/makes/models do you guys recommend? I知 looking for something with AWD to get through snow in the winter.

Which brands/models should I avoid?

I want a safe, reliable vehicle for commuting to work and general use.

Any and all insights appreciated!

-Jessw :)

I can personally testify that you cannot go wrong with a 2008-12 or 2013-17 Honda Accord. You can carve out a good selection to pick one from, as I did, on CarGurus. I just specified the maximum distance I was willing to travel to find one, and maximum mileage; I selected 90,000 miles, and landed a 2010 EX trim with 71,000 miles, last year.

jessw
08-29-2021, 11:00 PM
Thanks for your input Ridingonrailz - will definitely consider!

Add your comment to this topic!