Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2013 300 TCM location

gregcoll001
08-03-2020, 05:57 PM
I hate to start a new thread for something like this but I have looked all over the car and can't find it. Appreciate any help.

Stealthee
08-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Heh, I was just down Morgantown today. I live just north of the border in Smithfield.

A quick google shows its under the hood.

https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2015/10/27/18/42/pic-8536430515914433456-1600x1200.png

If the picture doesn't show let me know and I'll find another one or better describe it.

gregcoll001
08-03-2020, 08:12 PM
I haven't seen that pic. I've googled this for two days and seen lots of different pictures and locations (for other years or even models, I'd guess). I have the dash apart and have looked all under the engine cowl and under the vehicle.

Man, I hope you're right. The vehicle isn't near and I can't look until tomorrow. Regardless, you have my thanks.

Stealthee
08-03-2020, 09:04 PM
I did another search and it actually looks like that may be for earlier 300's, but it looks like a lot of Dodge/Chrysler products had/still have them under the hood. I did find a post elsewhere though that might help, but you said you had the dash all apart, but it might give you another point to look.

It looks like its for the LX platform, but still

https://www.lxforums.com/board/eurocharged-performance/345173-tcm-location-removal.html

I'll do some more quick digging and see if I can help.

gregcoll001
08-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier and that's why I tore the dash apart. It wasn't in the place from your earlier post. I just can't figure it out. I'm getting the error 'Lost Communication with TCM'. Yeah .... it's lost because there isn't one in the car. Thanks for your efforts. I've been hoping a dealer mech would point me in the right direction. I'll have to keep looking.

Stealthee
08-04-2020, 11:00 PM
It's really weird that this isn't something that has come up before. Usually I can find about anything with some proper keyword searches.

Good luck, and please post up where you find it, once you find it.

gregcoll001
08-05-2020, 11:16 AM
I bought an online manual. [Mitchell; pretty bad] At any rate, it says:

"The 8HP45 is an electronic eight-speed transmission. The Transmission Control Module Assembly (TCMA), which is integrated into the valve body, provides fully synchronized clutch-to-clutch shifting .... includes a mounting plate for the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and a .... "

So, this model has it inside the transmission .... I guess? The manual doesn't show the TCM location but does show a picture of the wiring harness connector that appears to be inside the tranny.

I'll let you know what I find. Probably be a couple of days, the car isn't near.

Add your comment to this topic!