Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P0440 Parts ID help

cshults
06-13-2020, 12:13 PM
Hi folks, need some help figuring out what parts I need for my 01 Bravada EVAP issues. P0440 code and smoke test shows that the vent valve solenoid is stuck open. This is the vent valve that is located in an area above the spare tire. Additionally, there is a hose that is leaking (NOT fuel); this hose runs from the top front of the gas tank towards the rear of the vehicle (to the canister I think or maybe to the vent valve itself?).

At any rate - loooking on Rock Auto for the parts and am finding multiple vent valves - a fuel tank vent valve and vapor canister vent vavle - which one is it that I'd need?

I also don't know what that hose is called that runs from the top front of the tank back towards the rear is?

I wish I could be a little more specific - but that's all I got..hoping someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks!!

Blue Bowtie
06-15-2020, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, the diagrams for the EVAP system don't seem to be readily available. A cooperative GM service center might be able to loan you a manual from that year so diagrams can be copied, and assist your efforts.

Add your comment to this topic!