Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2008 rear door lock broken?

maxpacker4
03-19-2020, 04:10 PM
My rear left door of my 2008 Honda Pilot door lock is not working with the rest, I have to manually open it every time, and lock it. Which is annoying because every time I get out I have to lock it, and always forget it is locked when I go and try to open it the next time I need to open that door. Anybody know what it could be from?

Zeeshan777
03-20-2020, 10:07 AM
If the lock is still sticking, then get a can of multi-purpose spray lubricant and use the supplied tube to spray inside the lock mechanism.

shorod
03-22-2020, 08:46 AM
I'm guessing that before the lock completely stopped working you used to hear a zip/humming like noise when the door locks were activated. That is typically due to the lock servo failing within the door latch assembly. Chances are quite good if you replace the left rear door latch assembly within the door your lock will work properly again.

I think the lock motor is integrated in to the latch assembly on the Pilot but you'll want to confirm that first.

-Rod

82Stang
03-22-2020, 05:34 PM
If the Pilot is anything lie the Odyssey doors, then you will have to open up the door by pulling the inner lining off, and getting in there with a good lubricant like WD40 to spray the latches and mechanisms all around the lock. My bet is an attaching piece on or around the lock, needs a generous amount of spray and working it back and forth to set it free. The Odyssey doors do this a lot. No parts needed, just labor and time.

Add your comment to this topic!