Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Bravada brake light on

82Stang
10-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Tried the old redneck fix of blasting down the driveway and slamming on the brakes. Did it a few times, but no difference in pedal. Got a squishy pedal, pushes down low but vehicle stops. No lights on dash, except brake light and airbag light. I can see through the rear wheels that rotors look rusty, prob not working too well. I just need to get this to pass inspection, then I can work on it as I go. Everything else works, no extra lights on and vehicle sounds pretty decent running for having 243K on it. Does a vehicle still pass inspection with the brake light on?

Stealthee
10-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Have you checked your brake fluid level?

Chris Stewart
10-20-2019, 07:55 PM
Get it scanned at a chain type auto parts store, let the computer tells us what's going on.

maxwedge
10-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Chris, a scan does not look at brake warning lite issues unless it is abs related. You knew that. Lol

brcidd
10-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Either parking brake is partially engaged, or your pressure differential switch on master cylinder is activated due to seeing a massive pressure differential in line circuits. most likely due to a leak. Look for drop in fluid and drips from under vehicle to identify leak. Corrosion makes it happen.

Chris Stewart
10-22-2019, 07:08 PM
Chris, a scan does not look at brake warning lite issues unless it is abs related. You knew that. Lol

Then you'd get an ABS light too?

maxwedge
10-22-2019, 08:07 PM
Yes, if the abs lite was on, then an abs function scanner would trace the component, used by a pro of course. We are fading on these forums, not like it was.

Blue Bowtie
10-23-2019, 06:54 AM
I've seen a body code for a low fluid level in the past, not linked to an ABS/traction code. In this case, I'm thinking Stealthee may have predicted the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!