Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yukon throttle response

Throbbin Rods
01-14-2019, 03:39 PM
2004 Yukon Denali, 6.0, automatic, 4x4. Occasionally when I leave from a standing start and press the gas pedal gently There is no throttle response. 99% of the time it's fine, but sometimes nothing happens. Tach doesn't go up so tranny isn't slipping. I haven't done plugs and wires because it's too darned cold in NH. There are no codes stored. Could this be the beginning of a faulty Throttle Position Sensor? Could the throttle body need cleaning?
I will be doing plugs on the next warm day as I know they can be responsible for all manner of issues.
Any input will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

777stickman
01-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Throttle body cleaning would be the 1st to do. USE Throttle Body Cleaner ONLY!! Very seriously doubt that it's an issue with plugs.

Tech II
01-19-2019, 08:51 AM
I agree....this is fly by wire, TAC system......

It is quite possible, the plate is sticking.......

If you clean it, I would also suggest resetting the modules too....with key out of the ignition, you do this by disconnecting the neg bat terminal first, and then the pos......then hold both cables together for a minute......then reconnect the pos, and then the neg bat cables.....

Throbbin Rods
03-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Thanks to both of you for your responses. Still waiting for it to be warm enough for my Raynaud's hands to be abke to clean it.
Thank you!!
Bill

Add your comment to this topic!